Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Class 1A Talk
bl beat both pikeville and sv today
1,Pikeville
2.Russellville
3.Hazard
4.Raceland

That was the4 best teams in Class A last November in that order.

I believe 2022 preseason I would move Russellville down a bit because they lost some real talent off a team that was small on numbers but they are undoubtedly a program on the rise with Coach Benton.

I would have it 1.Pikeville 2 Hazard 3 Raceland and not sure about the rest.
(07-19-2022, 04:54 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 01:21 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville is going to be how good Birchfield can take them.

I’m watching practice they have a tough choice at QB.

One that can throw, but is athletically limited.

One that can run, but is very limited in throwing.

One that is average at both.
You say choice to make I say opportunities! If the coach is creative enough he can play both and have a dynamic offense

I have always subscribed to the theory if you play 2 qbs you have no quarterback. In my opinion you need to pick the guy and roll with him. It is ok to have a package or 2 for a changeup to give the defense more to prepare for like Florida did when Tebow was a Freshman.
(07-20-2022, 10:23 AM)wolfcat Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 04:54 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 01:21 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville is going to be how good Birchfield can take them.

You say choice to make I say opportunities! If the coach is creative enough he can play both and have a dynamic offense

I have always subscribed to the theory if you play 2 qbs you have no quarterback. In my opinion you need to pick the guy and roll with him. It is ok to have a package or 2 for a changeup to give the defense more to prepare for like Florida did when Tebow was a Freshman.

I agree.
I agree also. I have never seen rotating QBs work.
Imo, 2 QBs can work within the right system. But not woth what Pikeville does. Raceland is the same way. I say if you have 1 qb that can throw, but kess of an athelete, leave him at QB. Putting you best athelete at QB handcuffs you, imo.
(07-19-2022, 09:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Total BS.

In no way was I saying they are a 1 truck pony. They are super talented. Line, O, D, just flat talented.

But they don’t have a McNamee or Roberts on the team at QB.
(07-20-2022, 04:28 PM)RTruth Wrote:

Total BS.

In no way was I saying they are a 1 truck pony. They are super talented. Line, O, D, just flat talented.

Nobody else in Class A does either. All three of those guys are capable of a breakout year, and they will have lots of people around them making them look good.
In today's world of transfers I wonder why the QB at Shelby Valley that's received some hype isn't showing out at QB for Pikeville this upcoming season.

Imagine how many more college recruiters would have seen him play and been able to evaluate him several times against some legit defenses.

It's literally what about a 10 minute drive between the 2 high schools
(07-20-2022, 06:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Total BS.

Nobody else in Class A does either. All three of those guys are capable of a breakout year, and they will have lots of people around them making them look good.
Trash post.
(07-20-2022, 10:22 PM)Real Badman Wrote:

Total BS.

Trash post.
^Trash poster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
(07-20-2022, 10:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 09:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Total BS.

Trash post.
^Trash poster.
Man you city folk are sensitive early this year. Sheesh
(07-19-2022, 09:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Total BS.

Trash post.
^Trash poster.

(07-20-2022, 11:20 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 04:28 PM)RTruth Wrote: In no way was I saying they are a 1 truck pony. They are super talented. Line, O, D, just flat talented.

Trash post.
^Trash poster.
Nah, his post was dumb and lazy. At least make an attempt to explain what you disagree with and why.
(07-20-2022, 11:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 04:28 PM)RTruth Wrote: In no way was I saying they are a 1 truck pony. They are super talented. Line, O, D, just flat talented.

Trash post.
^Trash poster.

(07-20-2022, 11:20 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 06:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Nobody else in Class A does either. All three of those guys are capable of a breakout year, and they will have lots of people around them making them look good.
Trash post.
^Trash poster.
Nah, his post was dumb and lazy. At least make an attempt to explain what you disagree with and why.
I think he’s pretty spot on. 

Unproven pocket passer who has the best arm but it limited in both athleticism and experience. 

dual threat QB not as good of a passer as above listed but more athletic with some experience (not at QB) 

Most athletic QB of the 3 but very limited passing. 

those are huge question marks and none of the above in their first year as starter will be macnamee or Roberts I agree with really everything. I mean it is what it is. I wish them all luck and like all 3 of them but it’s a tall task to think you’re going to get more than a couple screens and a play action shot or 2 per game. #12 stirs the drink Offensively. plain and simple.
He didn't say any of that. He just said trash post. Pikeville QB will be more than adequate and have studs in skill positions. This limited athleticism stuff makes me laugh. All 3 are excellent athletes. Anybody who thinks a couple screens and a couple shots, well I just hope they are defensive coordinators lol...
(07-20-2022, 11:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: He didn't say any of that. He just said trash post. Pikeville QB will be more than adequate and have studs in skill positions. This limited athleticism stuff makes me laugh. All 3 are excellent 
I’m just gonna remain peaceful and nice. Pikeville is the best team in the state regardless of class. 1st team all state at every position.
I'll stay peaceful and nice too. I'm being lectured about passing by a Belfry fan. Belfry has thrown for 290, 239 and 395 the last 3 years. Gonna be a fun year lol.
County folk sure are sensitive already. Sheesh
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty
(07-21-2022, 12:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I'll stay peaceful and nice too. I'm being lectured about passing by a Belfry fan. Belfry has thrown for 290, 239 and 395 the last 3 years. Gonna be a fun year lol.
County folk sure are sensitive already. Sheesh
Nothing I said was sensitive there just is not talking sensibly when you wear maroon tinted glasses and refuse to be objective about things every single thing that was said about the 3 QB’s was accurate. And just because our HS chooses not to throw the football doesn’t mean I don’t understand the complete game of football, good luck this year after you all win the 1A thru 7a championships the SEC will let you join the conference during all this conference realignment.
^^If you are on tilt in July it's going to be a long year for you.
I believe Issac first year starting was his best year yardage wise in his career if I am not mistaken so that ends the argument about first year starting quarterbacks unless neither of the Pikeville quarterbacks have any talent but as we know by watching them that’s not true but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(07-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: In today's world of transfers I wonder why the QB at Shelby Valley that's received some hype isn't showing out at QB for Pikeville this upcoming season.

Imagine how many more college recruiters would have seen him play and been able to evaluate him several times against some legit defenses.

He’s doing fine for himself at SV from what I can tell. 

Russ and his team have a shot at making some noise in 2A.
(07-21-2022, 03:56 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: In today's world of transfers I wonder why the QB at Shelby Valley that's received some hype isn't showing out at QB for Pikeville this upcoming season.

I'm glad he stayed at SV but it's a whole different thing behind center for Pikeville compared to SV and the defenses he would have seen.
I wish him and SV a great season though, they have a beautiful new field this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-21-2022, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^If you are on tilt in July it's going to be a long year for you.
Go Panthers!!
Go Pirates! Hope to see both at Kroger again.
(07-21-2022, 07:43 AM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 03:56 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

I'm glad he stayed at SV but it's a whole different thing behind center for Pikeville compared to SV and the defenses he would have seen.
I wish him and SV a great season though, they have a beautiful new field this season.
Same here and boy is that ever a beautiful field...
You guys ready for covid cancellations? I say by week three 90% will be shut down. By week 4 the season will be put on hold
(07-21-2022, 02:51 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: You guys ready for covid cancellations? I say by week three 90% will be shut down. By week 4 the season will be put on hold

Is COVID that bad in Kentucky?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-21-2022, 03:01 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 02:51 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: You guys ready for covid cancellations? I say by week three 90% will be shut down. By week 4 the season will be put on hold

Is COVID that bad in Kentucky?
No but when these kids go back to school numbers will explode. It won’t take them long to cancel everything. I think the health department done put out a mask mandate for all schools when school returns
It could get bad again because this new BA. 5 variant is extremely contagious and it also gets past previous immunity, whether vaccines or previous exposure to Covid, at a higher rate it appears.

I think as long as the majority of Americans get vaccinated and boosted we will avoid seeing anything close to what we saw in 2020 and 2021, though that's undoubtedly a concern.

It would have to get really bad in my opinion for us to start seeing mass cancelations in any aspect of life in America. I believe people are just over it and the politicians know it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(07-14-2022, 02:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 02:33 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Thanks for posting the video JP, hadn’t seen that one since last year. PT does an awesome job with those vids. They never get old. Hope to see a few more of those real soon.
Same. His videos are great.
I don’t call him the “Steve Sabol of Pikeville” for nothing…
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • jetpilot