Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Clay County 8/05 (Scrimmage)
(08-06-2022, 12:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 12:42 PM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 12:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 08:06 AM)FallRock Wrote: Didn't get to make it to this one but heard there was a nice crowd. Looks like a solid win for Clay, obviously you don't put much stock in a scrimmage score. Was told by someone in attendance that Whitley had a very nice Quarterback and #43 from Clay (didn't catch his name) controlled the game and got stronger the longer the game went on. Really good showing from both teams, Said Clays JV looked to have some studs coming up!
You meant to say nice win for Whitley County. Nobody controlled the game, and it was a scrimmage Smile

Even if you want to count the untimed scores after the varsity quarters, big Clay comes out on top. Lol

whatever you want to think. lol

You don’t get to score against some freshmen several plays after the clock runs out to end the game and count that as a win! That is a good lucking graphic design though lol in all honesty both teams done well for the first time out.
Geno told me he was a official at the game and called back 4 TDS on Whiltey  Big Grin   Was this a rigged scrimmage? Woah
(08-06-2022, 12:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Geno told me he was a official at the game and called back 4 TDS on Whiltey  Big Grin   Was this a rigged scrimmage? Woah

It's a conspiracy. they know Whitley smoked that hind end.  Exclamation Exclamation
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
Did anybody video this scrimmage?
they finished the whitley drive before anyone subbed down to jv......lol  
clays passing ate up the colonel defense but whitley shut down the run from clay.
big run by whitleys hamblin was all that was exciting in the scrimmage. alot of chippiness and mistimed breaks and blocks...like youd expect to see from a scrimmage. lots of flags and clay held the ball the 3rd period..... thats all that kept whitley from scoring more. they had worn down clays defense until the 3rd gave them the rest they needed.
(08-09-2022, 03:15 PM)KEEPITREAL Wrote: they finished the whitley drive before anyone subbed down to jv......lol  
clays passing ate up the colonel defense but whitley shut down the run from clay.
big run by whitleys hamblin was all that was exciting in the scrimmage. alot of chippiness and mistimed breaks and blocks...like youd expect to see from a scrimmage. lots of flags and clay held the ball the 3rd period..... thats all that kept whitley from scoring more. they had worn down clays defense until the 3rd gave them the rest they needed.

When keeping it real goes wrong.

You mean to tell me that Clay dominated the entire third quarter running the ball and scored to take the lead, held Whitley as the quarter ran out, was gracious enough to let Whitley run a little more offense after it was over, and Whitley claims a win? Whitley shut down the run as the Tigers ran it down Whitleys throat on an 80 yard drive without throwing a pass.. lol all in good fun!
So sounds like getting the ground game was what Sizemore was working on for Clay County. I know watching Rice last year, he was starting to run and adding that to his game and that keeps the defense honest and should open up the passing game. Rice is a pure of a passer I have seen. I like him.
(08-09-2022, 03:45 PM)Hogsnot Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 03:15 PM)KEEPITREAL Wrote: they finished the whitley drive before anyone subbed down to jv......lol  

When keeping it real goes wrong.

You mean to tell me that Clay dominated the entire third quarter running the ball and scored to take the lead, held Whitley as the quarter ran out, was gracious enough to let Whitley run a little more offense after it was over, and Whitley claims a win? Whitley shut down the run as the Tigers ran it down Whitleys throat on an 80 yard drive without throwing a pass.. lol all in good fun!

We both know Whitley County would smoke their hind ends in a real game.