Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central hires Justin Amburgey
KCC AD Justin Amburgey has been named KCC girls head coach.
Justin is a great choice. He has been around the basketball scene for a long time and at one time was head coach of Knott Central’s boys. And being a Knott Countian himself gives one a little more extra motivation to be successful.
When was he the boys’ coach?
(08-10-2022, 08:38 AM)IJustthefacts1 Wrote: When was he the boys’ coach?

BB King was the coach the last 12 years or so but Justin was the coach before that. He recently been coaching at the grade school in Knott Co. Justin has been the AD last few years at KCC tho. I thought Mosley would get it, I guess she didn’t want it.
Amburgey coached Knott Centrals boys from 2005-2009, I believe. He was replaced by Dave Fraley, who was the Knott Central coach before BB King.
Will Maggard and Gayheart be back or are the gone for sure?
Why did so many of the girls leave KCC?
This is a great move by the KCC Admin. I think they can salvage the department now by moving Jeff Honeycutt into the AD role. Right now too many political moves being made for any coach to feel comfortable. I think that's why they are all getting out.
Got know Coach Amburgey thru summer games! He's a great guy and will do a fantastic job with the girls. I hope that a couple come back to play.

#BWO4LIFE
I heard gayheart decided to stay at knott.
(08-10-2022, 02:23 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Will Maggard and Gayheart be back or are the gone for sure?

Maggard is still at Hazard.