Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Co/Prestonsburg Scrimmage
Varsity played 3 quarters with JV playing the 4th

Leslie varsity outscored Pburg in 3 quarters, 14-10. 

Prestonsburg was without 3 starters I believe tonight, but still played really well. Offensively the Blackcats ran the ball okay, but I thought they threw the ball pretty well as the slant route to sophomore Alex Harris was open all night. I thought Jon Little looked good carrying the ball. The Blackcats missed linemen Gavin Stephens and their fastest skill players Dalton Elliott. Defensively, Blackcats done good first half, but they struggled vs. the run in the 3rd quarter. Guys looked tired. Both touchdowns Leslie scored were via QB counter. Again, the Blackcats missed Stephens and their freshman linebacker, Logan Stumbo as they give up big plays because of missed tackles. Blackcats finally have a kicker! Max Willoughby has one heckuva leg and that’ll help them tremendously inside the redzone this season.

I was quite surprised with how many players Leslie County had. They’ve got to have near 50 players which is pretty impressive for a 2A team anymore. They have a quality team with a bruiser type back and a quick QB.

Overall, it was a very competitive scrimmage that both teams will learn from. 

Good luck Leslie on the rest of your season… maybe these two will see each other in the post season.