Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
6.67%
Corbin
93.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Whitley County @ Corbin 8/26
Corbin has won all 22 in the series with Whitley never coming closer than two scores.  More of the same this year.  Hounds 48-14.
Corbin in a blowout
(08-23-2022, 12:40 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin literally has every single advantage on their side and it’s not close.
Whitley has a bad staff, bad game plan, and overall bad program at the moment. Gonna take a top to bottom clean house. Running the wing t in todays game is just isn’t smart if you haven’t been doing it for 30 years already. This coach is way in over his head and it’s never going to get better.

Running clock in the first qtr possible.

Corbin 77
Whitley 0

Just because he's young doesn't mean he is over his head.  Eier is a smart guy(mathematics major, I think). He will get is figured out and have the program moving in the right direction before long. I hope the administration gives him time to get things rolling, which I think he will do eventually.
(08-25-2022, 02:17 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 12:40 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin literally has every single advantage on their side and it’s not close.
Whitley has a bad staff, bad game plan, and overall bad program at the moment. Gonna take a top to bottom clean house. Running the wing t in todays game is just isn’t smart if you haven’t been doing it for 30 years already. This coach is way in over his head and it’s never going to get better.

Corbin 77
Whitley 0

Just because he's young doesn't mean he is over his head.  Eier is a smart guy(mathematics major, I think). He will get is figured out and have the program moving in the right direction before long. I hope the administration gives him time to get things rolling,  which I think he will do eventually.

if he coaches 10 years there he will be lucky to ever break 500 in a season.
as long as they’re in pulaskis district I hope they keep this up but you need a coach who can get the kids funneling to the other schools in that county to stay there. 
that guy isn’t gonna do it. And I’m not sure that bunch really even cares. 

I’ll be shocked if Corbin’s JV don’t put up some big numbers on Whitley
Well, maybe the ReDistricting that is fixing to happen changes alot of the landscape again that might favor Whitley. I look at the current system as the top 5-8 teams in each Class are definately Contenders in those classes each year. But most of the classes has teams that due to location or just not a football priority schools and is going to stay in the mid range to bottom of the class. I wished there was a way to pair teams based on there strength and projected strength rather than they should be here because they have way more kids. Most kids today play video games in a bedroom for 12 hours a night and sleep all day. They might have 700 more kids but they aint football kids LOL. ... Corbin is a football town.. So yes they will get football players.

Its Gamenight, interesting to see the offense for Corbin after the first game against Pikeville.
(08-26-2022, 10:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Well, maybe the ReDistricting that is fixing to happen changes alot of the landscape again that might favor Whitley. I look at the current system as the top 5-8 teams in each Class are definately Contenders in those classes each year. But most of the classes has teams that due to location or just not a football priority schools and is going to stay in the mid range to bottom of the class. I wished there was a way to pair teams based on there strength and projected strength rather than they should be here because they have way more kids. Most kids today play video games in a bedroom for 12 hours a night and sleep all day. They might have 700 more kids but they aint football kids LOL. ... Corbin is a football town.. So yes they will get football players.

Its Gamenight, interesting to see the offense for Corbin after the first game against Pikeville.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Corbin in 5A wishin the next 5 years or alignment after next. If they continue to grow at the rate they are, they’ll eventually pass whitley in enrollment. 
Whitley would then be forced to either accept dwindling money or split the schools and have a small school in Corbin (Ala knox and Lynn camp setup)
(08-26-2022, 03:28 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 02:17 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Corbin 77
Whitley 0

Just because he's young doesn't mean he is over his head.  Eier is a smart guy(mathematics major, I think). He will get is figured out and have the program moving in the right direction before long. I hope the administration gives him time to get things rolling,  which I think he will do eventually.

if he coaches 10 years there he will be lucky to ever break 500 in a season.
as long as they’re in pulaskis district I hope they keep this up but you need a coach who can get the kids funneling to the other schools in that county to stay there. 
that guy isn’t gonna do it. And I’m not sure that bunch really even cares. 

I’ll be shocked if Corbin’s JV don’t put up some big numbers on Whitley

if you said it then it must be a fact. bonjour
(08-26-2022, 10:31 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Well, maybe the ReDistricting that is fixing to happen changes alot of the landscape again that might favor Whitley. I look at the current system as the top 5-8 teams in each Class are definately Contenders in those classes each year. But most of the classes has teams that due to location or just not a football priority schools and is going to stay in the mid range to bottom of the class. I wished there was a way to pair teams based on there strength and projected strength rather than they should be here because they have way more kids. Most kids today play video games in a bedroom for 12 hours a night and sleep all day. They might have 700 more kids but they aint football kids LOL. ... Corbin is a football town.. So yes they will get football players.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Corbin in 5A wishin the next 5 years or alignment after next. If they continue to grow at the rate they are, they’ll eventually pass whitley in enrollment. 
Whitley would then be forced to either accept dwindling money or split the schools and have a small school in Corbin (Ala knox and Lynn camp setup)
Make sure to wear your mask, because you have diarrhea of the mouth.
(08-26-2022, 11:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin

I feel bad for fans of teams that never achieve anything. All that leaves room for is insults and bad predictions. Good luck buddy. Hope whitley at least beats south
(08-26-2022, 02:16 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

I feel bad for fans of teams that never achieve anything. All that leaves room for is insults and bad predictions. Good luck buddy. Hope whitley at least beats south

I've achieved a great deal. I'm a Great person. I'm a winner! I received some great coaching somewhere along the line . Go Colonels!