Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 46 East Ridge 18
Final... Things must be falling apart in Lick Creek. Congrats Raiders!
I hate this for the Warriors. Hopefully things will turn around for that community sometime soon.
Congrats South Floyd! East Ridge and Coach Branham, now is the time to start your program because to be successful, THERE IS NO OFFSEASON! Have about a 2 week off period, then start working your butts off! Best of Luck in '08 guys!
Congrats South Floyd
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Congrats South Floyd! East Ridge and Coach Branham, now is the time to start your program because to be successful, THERE IS NO OFFSEASON! Have about a 2 week off period, then start working your butts off! Best of Luck in '08 guys!

Excatly! Congrats to SF, and good luck to the Warriors in 08!
Nice SF now beat Paintsville!
As long as Branham is there, I dont see the Warriors doing much of anything. It's like they went out on the street and hired an average Joe to try and lead their football team. CONGRATS RAIDERS!
congrats raiders and i think there gonna give paintsville everything they want next week
Pathetic...Gratz SF
Good Job South Floyd, and good luck against Painstville!

What happened East Ridge?
Daniels does a good job over at South Floyd. East Ridge was pretty competetive in their district in the past seems like, What happened? wow................. blown out by South Floyd who wasn't real good this season but I'd say East got outcoached in this one.
Seems like East got worse as the season went on........
Didn't they hire a guy from Betsy Layne????
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Didn't they hire a guy from Betsy Layne????

Yes, they hired Bobby Branham during dead period in July.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Daniels does a good job over at South Floyd. East Ridge was pretty competetive in their district in the past seems like, What happened? wow................. blown out by South Floyd who wasn't real good this season but I'd say East got outcoached in this one.
Seems like East got worse as the season went on........

East Ridge went about two whole weeks without a real practice. I'm hearing they didn't work on defense at all. The last defensive practice was over two weeks ago.
Great job Raiders. Now get the Raider Fever and take it to Paintsville.
Look for the warriors to have a break out season next year. We have alot of young talent and we will have some players step up next season and make a big name for themselves. The talent is there we just have to toughen up mentally.
warriorfootballplaya Wrote:Look for the warriors to have a break out season next year. We have alot of young talent and we will have some players step up next season and make a big name for themselves. The talent is there we just have to toughen up mentally.

You'll be needing a head coach, which you all are lacking currently.
Never met the guy, he could be a wonderful person and a preacher for all I know, but it is obvious with this loss, that he wasnt put on earth to be a football coach.
No disrespect to SF but a 3A school has no business losing that bad to a low ranking class A school.
Panther Thunder Wrote:No disrespect to SF but a 3A school has no business losing that bad to a low ranking class A school.

Low Ranking?.....Thanks but NO THANKS panther thunder. Why should how many A's count.....that only means how many students r in the school, has nothing to do with how they play. I think with SF only having 20 some players, most playing O & D, not getting any rest between plays have done very well for such a small team. TongueirateSho
warriorfootballplaya Wrote:Look for the warriors to have a break out season next year. We have alot of young talent and we will have some players step up next season and make a big name for themselves. The talent is there we just have to toughen up mentally.
not if Defensive practices are getting 2 week vacations according to what I read.
Any good coach knows defense comes first. good luck though.
Coach Cline Wrote:You'll be needing a head coach, which you all are lacking currently.
Never met the guy, he could be a wonderful person and a preacher for all I know, but it is obvious with this loss, that he wasnt put on earth to be a football coach.
Nothing personal as stated above, but why would you hire a coach from Betsy layne who went 1 and 9 last season to take over your football program? Just a question not a statement.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:not if Defensive practices are getting 2 week vacations according to what I read.
Any good coach knows defense comes first. good luck though.

Not just defense suffeered. Several things happened.
1. Coach B focused on conditioning, running hills and sprints during most of the practices
2. Coach B. wanted to focus on his new qb and running his spread offense, with a brand new set of plays
3. Brad Branham was the only Senior that was at practice every day
4. Coach B left early to go to Lowes or something one day and had the other coaches make them run a track meet.
5. Cancelled practice on Friday of open week
6. No school Monday, several kids said "they didn't know"-
7. Coach B let them play 10 on 10 football , making up their own plays for an entire practice
8. Many players are disheartened about his work ethic and rumors of kids not playing next year are bringing everyone down. If the players aren't with you, you are doomed.
9. One senior left school friday and decided not to even bother showing up for the game.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Nothing personal as stated above, but why ? would you hire a coach from Betsy layne who according to scoreboard went 1 and 9 last season to take over your football program? Just a question not a statement.

POLITICS!!!!!!
politics has to be it
Nascar99 Wrote:Low Ranking?.....Thanks but NO THANKS panther thunder. Why should how many A's count.....that only means how many students r in the school, has nothing to do with how they play. I think with SF only having 20 some players, most playing O & D, not getting any rest between plays have done very well for such a small team. TongueirateSho
Look, I haven't been digging through the Cantrell Ratings, but South Floyd is not ranked very high in Class A. Have they done well for such a small team? Yes. But my point was with no disrespect to South Floyd, that a 3A should not be getting dismantled by a low-rated Class A team. That goes for any team in class A other than a select few year in and year out. With the amount of students East Ridge has they should be able to field a team that could be a low-rated Class A school. No disrespect to SF at all, Coach Daniels does a great job and they are a nice team for the limited amount of players they have, but my point is that East Ridge should not be at the point they are.Wink
I agree with whoever said that east ridge has enough students to field a good size team. i also agree that they should not be at this point. Good luck kids!
ER has one of the biggest 3A schools in terms of students in the state don't they? Anyone have any info on that?
Probably the only player that stuck with Coach B through the whole season...

xwarrior Wrote:Not just defense suffeered. Several things happened.
1. Coach B focused on conditioning, running hills and sprints during most of the practices
2. Coach B. wanted to focus on his new qb and running his spread offense, with a brand new set of plays
3. Brad Branham was the only Senior that was at practice every day
4. Coach B left early to go to Lowes or something one day and had the other coaches make them run a track meet.
5. Cancelled practice on Friday of open week
6. No school Monday, several kids said "they didn't know"-
7. Coach B let them play 10 on 10 football , making up their own plays for an entire practice
8. Many players are disheartened about his work ethic and rumors of kids not playing next year are bringing everyone down. If the players aren't with you, you are doomed.
9. One senior left school friday and decided not to even bother showing up for the game.
Hope the Warriors get things turned around in the offseason.....Work hard in the offseason boys! Good Luck in 08
Panther Thunder Wrote:No disrespect to SF but a 3A school has no business losing that bad to a low ranking class A school.

Nascar99 Wrote:Low Ranking?.....Thanks but NO THANKS panther thunder. Why should how many A's count.....that only means how many students r in the school, has nothing to do with how they play. I think with SF only having 20 some players, most playing O & D, not getting any rest between plays have done very well for such a small team. TongueirateSho

I believe that you just proved Panther Thunder's point, which is that a 3A team like East Ridge should not be getting throttled by a team with only 20+ players. It's no disrespect to South Floyd, but a school the size of East Ridge should not lose to teams like that.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]