Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Freshman?
pawsmom2 Wrote:No. He never has been. Not even in elementary school when he was being taken special care of by a handful of teachers and coaches with high hopes. He will coast through high school with low grades because of his athletic abilities but will not be able to make it in college. The whole situation makes me so sad because at one point when he was spending most of his time with us he started coming around and studying etc. I'm not a quitter and hated to give up on him but he is to the point the he expects handouts and special treatment because of his athleticism and just lacks the work ethic to complete the package. SAD STUFF!

Well, basically it looks as if you did, and to make it worse, you have trashed the kid in the process for the worldwide web to see. Man, with friends like you who needs enemies!:eek:

I guess we should start talking about the high school athletes in the area that play ball and how they get out and drink, smoke and have very little regard for authority every weekend???? Sad Should we name names in that regard as well??? That to me is much more dangerous let alone illegal!!!!!!

You should NEVER, NEVER give up on any child. Regardless of their abilities or lack thereof.
Maybe the reason your help didn't work was because it wasn't genuine in the first place!!

From what I have seen of the kid, he does have somewhat of a temper but most kids do. Maybe the problem before was that everybody gave up on him. Maybe like giving up on a school system when something else looks better at the time. Teachers, friends, and coaches should never quit trying and give them every opportunity to succeed not only in athletics but also academics. In the words of Jim Valvano "Never give up, Never ever give up!" :Thumbs:
I'll quote Tim Bostic....

"'NUFF SED!"

For the love of Mike people..... what some people won't get on here and tell is not to be believed! This is a kid you're talking about as if he's not real... GIVE IT A REST!
If you cared enough about this child to take him in and try to help him, then why would you get on here and just completely rip him to shreds. Sounds to me like you never cared about the kid to start with. Maybe you just wanted people to think you were a good person. Well congratulations on showing everybody your true colors.
I thought sheppard had surgery and wasnt going to be able to play?
Chase1 Wrote:I thought sheppard had surgery and wasnt going to be able to play?
Huh?
I don't reckon!

thats terrible news...is there any truth to that? because that would completely reshape how everything turns out..
If that happened I think it would have been plastered on here.

Never even been discussed and not a good rumor to have circulating... he's healthy, well, and doing great!
Dawg@heart Wrote:Never even been discussed and not a good rumor to have circulating... he's healthy, well, and doing great!

good to hear, ive heard he's a really good kid...