Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardner-Webb 84 - (22) Kentucky 68 (2K Sports Classic)
What little I got watch GW was sticking the 3, driving to the basket, making tough shots and looked good to me.
sloppyseconds Wrote:I want tubby back
thats not crazy to think that.............. Tubby Smith would never lose to Gardner Webb
Billy gillispie is going to have to start coaching instead of just sitting there. He subs players at a outrageous rate for messing up but he never takes ramel bradley out of the game and all he does is mess up.

nah, he'd just wait and screw up against UAB when it matters.. your right, he'd always come out and give us hope and then crash land lol o yay!
thats not crazy to think that.............. Tubby Smith would never lose to Gardner Webb
Billy gillispie is going to have to start coaching instead of just sitting there. He subs players at a outrageous rate for messing up but he never takes ramel bradley out of the game and all he does is mess up.

It's the second game of the season.....big deal, we lost to Garner Webb, I can take that loss on NOVEMBER 7th a lot easier than i can take an early exit from the big dance in March! Wait and see, this team will be ready come tourney time
Congratulations to Gardner-Webb, they played one **** of a game. I would take Gardner-Webb over so many teams now. They know what Hustle really is and how to play some basketball. I don't know about you guys, but some of those back door passes looked unreal last night. Maybe Kentucky can step it up and play solid next game. Kentucky will be a very good team once they get into sync. Congratulations GW.

I knew I would see this post somewhere on here. lol
Anytime UK losses to Gardner Webb is a big deal and it's not acceptable at Kentucky, and Billy G will learn really soon that he's no longer at Texas A&M. I was a Tubby fan but I'm a die hard kentucky fan and you know what this game upset me but 90% of those so called big blue fans that rode Tubby to no end deserve it. This sh*t didn't happen under Tubby. People say it's his fault but how can you say that you have Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, Alex Legion, Patrick Patterson, Ramel Bradley with just those players you shouldn't lose to a mid major the way Kentucky managed to. Everyone was ready to hand Billy G everything but he just don't deserve it, he needs to prove he can do it at Kentucky. I agree with what someone said earlier he didn't play the caliber of teams he has to play being a Kentucky coach. Even with this cupcake of a schedule that is rediculous by Kentucky standards, he is going to really struggle. So as a Kentucky fan I'm not even close to being ok with a performance like that.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Anytime UK losses to Gardner Webb is a big deal and it's not acceptable at Kentucky, and Billy G will learn really soon that he's no longer at Texas A&M. I was a Tubby fan but I'm a die hard kentucky fan and you know what this game upset me but 90% of those so called big blue fans that rode Tubby to no end deserve it. This sh*t didn't happen under Tubby. People say it's his fault but how can you say that you have Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, Alex Legion, Patrick Patterson, Ramel Bradley with just those players you shouldn't lose to a mid major the way Kentucky managed to. Everyone was ready to hand Billy G everything but he just don't deserve it, he needs to prove he can do it at Kentucky. I agree with what someone said earlier he didn't play the caliber of teams he has to play being a Kentucky coach. Even with this cupcake of a schedule that is rediculous by Kentucky standards, he is going to really struggle. So as a Kentucky fan I'm not even close to being ok with a performance like that.

If you're as big of a Kentucky fan as you claim, you would understand that these boys are adjusting to a system that is completely different from what they have been used to playing.....How many times did you see players with broken noses from the result of an agressive practice when Tubby Smith was at the helm....Not many I can guarantee that....The practices are tougher, but the kids will adjust.....It won't happen overnight.....As far as this not happening under Tubby....UAB...first round of the tournament....That's a lot worse then a loss on November 7th
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Anytime UK losses to Gardner Webb is a big deal and it's not acceptable at Kentucky, and Billy G will learn really soon that he's no longer at Texas A&M. I was a Tubby fan but I'm a die hard kentucky fan and you know what this game upset me but 90% of those so called big blue fans that rode Tubby to no end deserve it. This sh*t didn't happen under Tubby. People say it's his fault but how can you say that you have Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks, Alex Legion, Patrick Patterson, Ramel Bradley with just those players you shouldn't lose to a mid major the way Kentucky managed to. Everyone was ready to hand Billy G everything but he just don't deserve it, he needs to prove he can do it at Kentucky. I agree with what someone said earlier he didn't play the caliber of teams he has to play being a Kentucky coach. Even with this cupcake of a schedule that is rediculous by Kentucky standards, he is going to really struggle. So as a Kentucky fan I'm not even close to being ok with a performance like that.

Like Football Frenzy said, Tubby lost to UAB in March. That's much worse than losin to Gardner Webb in November Rolleyes . What did Tubby ever win with his own recruits besides a couple SEC championships, NOTHIN. Give Billy G time, these boys will come around. They are playin a totally different style of basketball now, it's gonna take a few games and hard practicin to get use to it. Bradley and Crawford don't act like they car too much for this system, but if they wanna play they had better get use to it and start playin.
A loss like this sucks anytime it happens. No matter if its in the tournament or the beginning of the season. Anyone who thinks this loss doesnt matter is stupid. UK should not lose to teams like Gardner Webb. Now I'm not taking anything from GW because they played their butts off and beat UK like it was nothing. I do blame Tubby for the crappy players he left Billy G. Did anyone but me notice that Tubbys leftovers sucked big time last night, with the exception of Bradley who really wasnt that impressive, as he got most of his points from the free throw line. He makes terrible decisions as point guard and doesnt deserve to be at the position. Crawford has been lazy since he arrived in Lexington, he reminds me of Bogans, he has a few good games every once in awhile but thats it. The only person I saw trying to do anything was Patterson, also Legion played ok when he got in. Tubbys boys cant handle Billy G's style of play because its uptempo and they were used to the turtle offense brought on by Tubby. They get winded and weak and dont play physical at all. But in all honesty, to me this isnt about who the coach is, its who the players are. A coach can only tell them and try to get them to play their way, it doesnt mean the players will do it. Like I said last night, this team has some ego problems, like Bradley, Crawford and so on. Players that think they can do what they want and dont have to listen to the coach. They think they can do it all by themselves. Im going to have stop for now before I get too upset and keep rambling on. Last thing I will say is coach needs to have a long talk with some of his supposed senior leaders and get them to realize that its a team game and that they cant play without their teammates. If they dont listen then give them the boot, it wouldnt bother me in the least.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:A loss like this sucks anytime it happens. No matter if its in the tournament or the beginning of the season. Anyone who thinks this loss doesnt matter is stupid. UK should not lose to teams like Gardner Webb. Now I'm not taking anything from GW because they played their butts off and beat UK like it was nothing. I do blame Tubby for the crappy players he left Billy G. Did anyone but me notice that Tubbys leftovers sucked big time last night, with the exception of Bradley who really wasnt that impressive, as he got most of his points from the free throw line. He makes terrible decisions as point guard and doesnt deserve to be at the position. Crawford has been lazy since he arrived in Lexington, he reminds me of Bogans, he has a few good games every once in awhile but thats it. The only person I saw trying to do anything was Patterson, also Legion played ok when he got in. Tubbys boys cant handle Billy G's style of play because its uptempo and they were used to the turtle offense brought on by Tubby. They get winded and weak and dont play physical at all. But in all honesty, to me this isnt about who the coach is, its who the players are. A coach can only tell them and try to get them to play their way, it doesnt mean the players will do it. Like I said last night, this team has some ego problems, like Bradley, Crawford and so on. Players that think they can do what they want and dont have to listen to the coach. They think they can do it all by themselves. Im going to have stop for now before I get too upset and keep rambling on. Last thing I will say is coach needs to have a long talk with some of his supposed senior leaders and get them to realize that its a team game and that they cant play without their teammates. If they dont listen then give them the boot, it wouldnt bother me in the least.

The players on our team were good enough to win 20+ games last year. The only true contributors lost were Morris and Perry. We added Patterson, Stewart, Williams, and Legion. This team has talent. If you can honestly say that a team that won 9 games last year had more talent than UK who won over 20 last year then you're pushing for excuses for the coach.

UK was superior across the board with talent and still lost. All that says is that the players were out hustled and the coach was out coached.

The players are in shape, or they wouldn't be getting any playing time. That is why Crawford isn't getting to play. The rest of the guys went through the coaches "boot" camp and are probably in better shape than last year. Gillispie has had time to work with these guys. This isn't the pee wee leagues man.

Even if they haven't adjusted to the offense of Billy Gillispie they should still be able to play defense, and they didn't last night.

The players are fine, there is a lot of talent on this team. They just didn't show it last night. To say Gardner Webb had better players is a joke, and by saying that our players suck and it wasn't the coaches fault you are saying exactly that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:The players are in shape, or they wouldn't be getting any playing time. That is why Crawford isn't getting to play. The rest of the guys went through the coaches "boot" camp and are probably in better shape than last year. Gillispie has had time to work with these guys. This isn't the pee wee leagues man.

Crawford isn't playing because he dogs it on defense and is selfish on offense. Bradley and Crawford are cut from the same mold and they are square pegs in Billy G's round hole. I won't be surprised to see them play less-and-less as the year progresses unless they get with his system.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Crawford isn't playing because he dogs it on defense and is selfish on offense. Bradley and Crawford are cut from the same mold and they are square pegs in Billy G's round hole. I won't be surprised to see them play less-and-less as the year progresses unless they get with his system.

Actually he was injured over the summer and is just now recovering. So technically he isn't playing because Coach Gillispie said he wasn't in shape due to the fact that he missed so many practices with the injury. But I agree he does dog it on defense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Actually he was injured over the summer and is just now recovering. So technically he isn't playing because Coach Gillispie said he wasn't in shape due to the fact that he missed so many practices with the injury. But I agree he does dog it on defense.

That's true, but Crawford shoulda had the surgery alot sooner than he did.
He has at least 3-4 years, and by then you will be kissing the ground he walks on. Give him a chance, remember, Tubby won with Rick's players, and not BCG lost with Tubby's players. Once he gets his system in place it will all work out in the end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:A loss like this ***** anytime it happens. No matter if its in the tournament or the beginning of the season. Anyone who thinks this loss doesnt matter is stupid. UK should not lose to teams like Gardner Webb. Now I'm not taking anything from GW because they played their butts off and beat UK like it was nothing. I do blame Tubby for the crappy players he left Billy G. Did anyone but me notice that Tubbys leftovers sucked big time last night, with the exception of Bradley who really wasnt that impressive, as he got most of his points from the free throw line. He makes terrible decisions as point guard and doesnt deserve to be at the position. Crawford has been lazy since he arrived in Lexington, he reminds me of Bogans, he has a few good games every once in awhile but thats it. The only person I saw trying to do anything was Patterson, also Legion played ok when he got in. Tubbys boys cant handle Billy G's style of play because its uptempo and they were used to the turtle offense brought on by Tubby. They get winded and weak and dont play physical at all. But in all honesty, to me this isnt about who the coach is, its who the players are. A coach can only tell them and try to get them to play their way, it doesnt mean the players will do it. Like I said last night, this team has some ego problems, like Bradley, Crawford and so on. Players that think they can do what they want and dont have to listen to the coach. They think they can do it all by themselves. Im going to have stop for now before I get too upset and keep rambling on. Last thing I will say is coach needs to have a long talk with some of his supposed senior leaders and get them to realize that its a team game and that they cant play without their teammates. If they dont listen then give them the boot, it wouldnt bother me in the least.

I'll agree that a loss like this *****.....But, I mean in the big scheme of things does it really matter? Trust me, I by no means accept a loss like this but it's not like losing this game ended our season, or affected our season in any way (except for 1 loss in the right hand column) If anything, I can guarantee it's waken some of these guys up a bit. Yes it's embarrasing, especially with all the publicity it got on ESPN today, Yes it hurt to think about it on the drive home last night, but come the time when we begin to adjust to Billy G's system, and our program is clicking on all cylinders, and we're sifting our way through the Big Dance, everyone will forget about Gardner Webb on the 2nd night of the season.......I'll never forget UAB
Thats the thing people, these players cant adjust to Billys system. The only ones that I see that dont have a problem with it are the freshman. Thats only because they didnt have to suffer through Tubbys style. Like Jamey said, Crawford and Bradley are the same type of player. But I have said enough on this topic.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Crawford isn't playing because he dogs it on defense and is selfish on offense. Bradley and Crawford are cut from the same mold and they are square pegs in Billy G's round hole. I won't be surprised to see them play less-and-less as the year progresses unless they get with his system.

Very good post. The more you watch them play this year, the more it is obvious that Bradley and Carwford just don't get it. They still think they are playing schoolyard basketball, and all that matters is me, me, me. I agree that there is a good chance that they will play less and less as the freshmen get more acclimated to things.

One other observation I have, is that this is a poorly constructed team right now. No true center and no true point guard (it's apparent now that Bradley will never be a true point man, he likes to shoot too much). Just a team full of 2's, 3's, and 4's. I had hoped that Bradley would have matured by this point in his career, but if this is what we can expect from him the rest of the year I may have to adjust my expectations for this team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Thats the thing people, these players cant adjust to Billys system. The only ones that I see that dont have a problem with it are the freshman. Thats only because they didnt have to suffer through Tubbys style. Like Jamey said, Crawford and Bradley are the same type of player. But I have said enough on this topic.

They can't adjust? They've only been practicing under BCG for like a month now. Are you kidding me?

You must have terrible patience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Listen us Kentucky fans hate losing, and most defiantly to a team like this one. Sure we are hard on our coach and team but since when have we never been? We hate accepting defeat and always will.
wow lol this shows how far uk is behind from being able to compete with a national championship!
The way I see it is they had enough trouble playing under Tubby and he played a slow tempo game. Bradley was as bad under Tubby as he is with Billy G, same goes for Crawford. The only recruits that were worth anything out of that class of Morris, Rondo and the two I already mentioned were Morris and maybe Rondo, I wasnt totally sold on Rondo. He did some things well but I still dont think he was that good. UK needs a point guard like Hawkins was when he played here, he was all heart and determination. He didnt give up on anything, even with asthma he played his butt off. UK doesnt have players like that anymore. That is and will be the biggest problem for UK until Bradley and Crawford are gone and the rest of Tubby's flunkies and Billy G can bring in his type of players.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:The way I see it is they had enough trouble playing under Tubby and he played a slow tempo game. Bradley was as bad under Tubby as he is with Billy G, same goes for Crawford. The only recruits that were worth anything out of that class of Morris, Rondo and the two I already mentioned were Morris and maybe Rondo, I wasnt totally sold on Rondo. He did some things well but I still dont think he was that good. UK needs a point guard like Hawkins was when he played here, he was all heart and determination. He didnt give up on anything, even with asthma he played his butt off. UK doesnt have players like that anymore. That is and will be the biggest problem for UK until Bradley and Crawford are gone and the rest of Tubby's flunkies and Billy G can bring in his type of players.

UK wil be fine at the PG position when Jaspers gets back.
Redneck Wrote:UK wil be fine at the PG position when Jaspers gets back.
How long until he is back?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Doesn't seem to me that Crawford is to selfish on offense at all...Bradley for sure though.