Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-12-2022, 08:17 PM)2000PHS Wrote: All I’m saying is that Corbin fans are flying as high as possible at the moment and another loss to JC would just simply be more than some of them are emotionally sound enough to handle. Heck, go back and look at the threads after last years game. Quality entertainment to say the least.

Good luck to both teams, I’m indifferent on who I want to see win, I just know one scenario produces more entertainment haha
That's the scenario that I am hoping for but after a few months, it stops being entertaining.
(11-12-2022, 05:00 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 04:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Corbin has their fan base believing they are the best in the state… if JC wins, Good gosh almighty will this site be fire come Saturday morning.
Uh yea. Because we are one of the best in the state. Keep doubting us like everyone has all year. Our team is feeding off of the hate. Lol haven’t heard much from the haters after last nights loss either.

I don’t look at this round as a dreaded third round. These boys has had this day circled since last year. Believe me JC fans when I say this , I Promise you you’re gonna get every ounce of blood and sweat this team has this game. They want ppl to believe they can’t win. So put every negative comment about this team on this thread. Please. Because these boys will read it. And believe that you’re gonna get the nastiest dog fight you’ve ever been in. These boys fuel of your hate. So feel free to hate as much as you want. The clock is ticking , and you’re gonna get the hounds in a bar fight.  Your fans think your the best , come Friday , welcome to hell.
Wow. Greatest post ever. This makes me wanna suit up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • 16thregioner
Corbin won't have another shutout, but I think they pull it out. Greer will have them ready regardless of social media posts. I do have to add the light show after a td is nice. Go Hounds!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes four quarters's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
This week is gonna be fun. Already had previous co workers from paintsville text and say they aren’t the least bit worried. I just said ok, that was the sentiment online too. Honestly thought they were just l playing with me since only one of them kids plays at the high school level, and the other 2 middle school. But I don’t think they were.

All I can say, you better get ya “nervous pills’ ready. To be continued……
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-12-2022, 04:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Corbin has their fan base believing they are the best in the state… if JC wins, Good gosh almighty will this site be fire come Saturday morning.
Uh yea. Because we are one of the best in the state. Keep doubting us like everyone has all year. Our team is feeding off of the hate. Lol haven’t heard much from the haters after last nights loss either.

I don’t look at this round as a dreaded third round. These boys has had this day circled since last year. Believe me JC fans when I say this , I Promise you you’re gonna get every ounce of blood and sweat this team has this game. They want ppl to believe they can’t win. So put every negative comment about this team on this thread. Please. Because these boys will read it. And believe that you’re gonna get the nastiest dog fight you’ve ever been in. These boys fuel of your hate. So feel free to hate as much as you want. The clock is ticking , and you’re gonna get the hounds in a bar fight.  Your fans think your the best , come Friday , welcome to hell.

I don’t know anything about you or this Corbin team, but I think they need to have you in for the pregame speech.  That was Any Given Sunday Al Pacino material with a harsher tone.  Excellent work.
(11-12-2022, 08:50 PM)16thregioner Wrote:

I don’t know anything about you or this Corbin team, but I think they need to have you in for the pregame speech.  That was Any Given Sunday Al Pacino material with a harsher tone.  Excellent work.
Absolutely. But someone needs to link him some Greg Taylor Corbin speechs. Go to CORBIN REDHOUND FOOTBALL. Watch the Simon Kenton highlight video. And that’s not even close to his best. The one he did at central back in ‘16 I think was chilling
  • Sgt Slaughter
The only team that beats Corbin this year is the team that commits to the run and does get too cute. Guess what jc does…

28-21 eagles
[-] The following 2 users Like 16 special's post:
  • Deuce8, Hoot Gibson
Corbin 42-14
(11-12-2022, 03:13 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Like I said last week one game at a time, JC is as capable of winning this game as they where last year.  Going off common opponents to judge a win has seen a great many teams sitting home the following week.  Corbin needs to come out next week as focused as they where Friday night and work on cleaning up some miscues this week that could have really costs them Friday night against other teams….

Corbin is gonna tear some hind end up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hound05
(11-12-2022, 03:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: JC obviously needs to be successful with their "Ground & Pound"  attack. They need long, sustained drives  of six or seven minutes to limit the number of Corbin possessions. If you are a JC fan, you want to see Corbin limited to 3-4 possessions per half(preferably 3) , which means your offense must win time of possession big time.  We will know by the end of the first quarter whether this is going to be a competitive game or whether Corbin delivers another early knockout.

They'll be starting from the 20 every time Corbin scores.
(11-12-2022, 03:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 03:13 PM)64SUR Wrote: Dang I forgot to  my posts my prediction. Redhounds going to make up for the last 2yrs.

Corbin 56
Johnson Central 00

Woah
[Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.8719b92ce...aKWKyxY%3d]

JC fans will look like Mr. Bean when The Kid drops a bomb on em. lol
(11-12-2022, 04:21 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: All I only won’t to do is sit back and read this one but I do believe Corbin wins so hang on posters this is going to be a dandy thread

smoke em off me if they seem too angry.
  • Patriot1

Half of Paintsville will be in the nervous hospital before Corbin even smokes their hind end Friday night.

64SUR is coming to town and bringing he11 with him.
  • wolfcat
Who has the most students?
(11-13-2022, 01:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Who has the most students?
The 5a school…. I mean Johnson central haha. It’s all part of the “hounds keys to victory” brought to you by Corbin’s course to Kroger.
(11-12-2022, 05:33 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 05:18 PM)2000PHS Wrote:

Y’all about lost to a 1A school. 
JC 56
Corbin 2
I can tell me and you don’t think the same about predictions. Lol
lol
(11-12-2022, 05:56 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 05:22 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 03:13 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Like I said last week one game at a time, JC is as capable of winning this game as they where last year.  Going off common opponents to judge a win has seen a great many teams sitting home the following week.  Corbin needs to come out next week as focused as they where Friday night and work on cleaning up some miscues this week that could have really costs them Friday night against other teams….
What miscues? I really didn’t see any besides one blown coverage and the fumble. Other than that we had a pretty solid game. I’d venture to say we held them under 120 yds. Not real sure. Offense was clicking, D swarmed the ball. Just curious. Didn’t think we did anything bad enough to cost us a game to another opp. 49-0 is a pretty dang good game.

(11-12-2022, 05:18 PM)2000PHS Wrote:

Y’all about lost to a 1A school. 
JC 56
Corbin 2
Haha well I guess if you would call pikeville a typical 1a school then that just shows how clueless you really are. I’d put money down to say pikeville could beat most 4a teams. And if really think that’s gonna be the score I’ll throw 200$ down on a gentleman’s bet and meet you at the main gate to collect.
Your saying it wrong and the correct quote is bring a sack full of money (Jet Pilot style)

Jet even wants to bet on Corbin.
  • Patriot1
(11-12-2022, 06:56 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 06:46 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Who’s been negative towards Corbin?? All I’ve read is how they’re the best team in 4A and possibly the entire state. They should beat Johnson 21+.
Believing that any team in 4A is better than Corbin is being negative and disrespectful to their fans.  Big Grin

I am looking forward to watching a group of grown men, who will not be suiting up next week, trash talking in this thread for the next 6 days, 2-1/2 hours. I pity Corbin's coaching staff if they somehow manage to lose to Johnson Central for the third straight year.
I'm looking forward to talking trash Friday night on here while you're driving back to Paintsville.
(11-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 07:03 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 06:46 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Who’s been negative towards Corbin?? All I’ve read is how they’re the best team in 4A and possibly the entire state. They should beat Johnson 21+.
Believing that any team in 4A is better than Corbin is being negative and disrespectful to their fans.  Big Grin

I am looking forward to watching a group of grown men, who will not be suiting up next week, trash talking in this thread for the next 6 days, 2-1/2 hours. I pity Corbin's coaching staff if they somehow manage to lose to Johnson Central for the third straight year.

Feels like Corbin is trying to paint themselves in an underdog light to play that role, but I just don’t think that’s the case.
I wouldn't say the underdog role, Johnson Central is the underdog, some Corbin fans are going after the Rodney Dangerfield role - the "We don't get no respect" role. We need a popcorn icon but I guess that I will have to settle for some real popcorn.

The key to this game is simple. Whichever team controls the LOS will probably win.

You're the only ones I've seen whining about no respect. You'll definitely be under the dogs.
Preach it brother PJ. You can’t try to claim the underdog role and then get mad when people treat you as such
(11-12-2022, 08:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 07:38 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

wow isn’t this the pot calling the kettle black. The more I read your garbage the more I wish I could suit up and play you. Lol.

Not in this thread as of yet. Until hoot opened his mouth. It’s went on all year talking about how Corbin is underrated, played a week schedule , etc etc etc. that’s what I’m referring to
I have never said that Corbin is underrated. They have played a weak schedule and so has Johnson Central. I have also gone on record saying that Corbin, Johnson Central, nor any other 4A team would stand a chance against a top tier 6A team such as Trinity. I think that the Shamrocks proved me right last night on that point. Simon Kenton, a team that ran through Corbin's defense like a hot knife through butter, was totally gassed after playing a good half a game against Trinity.

I am not making any predictions in this thread but Corbin has not played and offense like Johnson Central's since losing to the Golden Eagles last season. This game will be won on the line of scrimmage because if JC's running backs consistently make it past the line of scrimmage before contact, they are very hard to tackle one-on-one. On the flip-side, Johnson Central needs to keep pressure on Elam and not give him much time to find his receivers.

Now, please resume the trash talk. I am here to be entertained.

Letcher County ran through your defense. I guess you forgot.
(11-12-2022, 08:42 PM)Hound05 Wrote: This week is gonna be fun. Already had previous co workers from paintsville text and say they aren’t the least bit worried. I just said ok, that was the sentiment online too. Honestly thought they were just l playing with me since only one of them kids plays at the high school level, and the other 2 middle school. But I don’t think they were.

All I can say, you better get ya “nervous pills’ ready. To be continued……

I'm hurting, Linda. lol
(11-13-2022, 01:46 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

I'm looking forward to talking trash Friday night on here while you're driving back to Paintsville.

"Mr. Warmth," The Professor of Snobbermetrics , will have his fat @ss firmly planted in his Steelcase Leap office chair . He won't be in Corbin.
(11-13-2022, 02:31 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

"Mr. Warmth," The Professor of Snobbermetrics , will have his fat @ss firmly planted in his Steelcase Leap office chair . He won't be in Corbin.
He wont have to be transported to the Trillium center then.
(11-13-2022, 02:40 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:31 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

He wont have to be transported to the Trillium center then.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  You're hilarious, Dougie !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
Remember when we beat boyle a few years ago and the site shut down because of the traffic. Instead of traffic it’s gonna be neurons firing and brains will be shut down.

What’s strange though is There was more talk about JC in the “Letcher co at Corbin” thread than there is here.
BtW, someone get @DukeBoy to give me the winning lotto numbers. I went back and just looked at all the degrading, negative, slight comments about the red hounds. He called it a month ago and said “Corbin will be LCC by 50 if they play. Mark it down!” Sheewww that’s like hitting all the nuMbers but missing the power ball! Ya still did pretty good. So I’m not being facetious, all of those posters-and it wasn’t all just JC fans, probably a majority though- who said Letcher county is a solid team, best Qb they’ve saw, great offensive line (which they did), hard to defend, etc. Do you still believe that? Because that’s gonna affect my prediction for this game?
(11-13-2022, 08:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Remember when we beat boyle a few years ago and the site shut down because of the traffic.  Instead of traffic it’s gonna be neurons firing and brains will be shut down.

What’s strange  though is There was more talk about JC in the “Letcher co at Corbin” thread than there is here.

I think Corbin's emasculation of poor Letcher has muted a lot of the Corbin naysayers.  Can you believe that, to date,  eight poor souls actually predict JC to win at Campbell Field?  They must be channelling their inner Nostradumb@zzes.  What about a 1-point loss to North Laurel and a 1-point win at home over poor Letcher don't they understand?

Dougie, help us out here...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
(11-13-2022, 11:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Remember when we beat boyle a few years ago and the site shut down because of the traffic.  Instead of traffic it’s gonna be neurons firing and brains will be shut down.

What’s strange  though is There was more talk about JC in the “Letcher co at Corbin” thread than there is here.

I think Corbin's emasculation of poor Letcher has muted a lot of the Corbin naysayers.  Can you believe that, to date,  eight poor souls actually predict JC to win at Campbell Field?  They must be channelling their inner Nostradumb@zzes.  What about a 1-point loss to North Laurel and a 1-point win at home over poor Letcher don't they understand?

Dougie, help us out here...
Letcher game made a believer out of me. Those kids absolutely dominated on all phases. Now if the coaches come up with a decent game plan, they’ll do it again Friday. But if we come back out in 5-2 and lose all gap control and numbers inside the box, we’re liable to have a game on our hands. Watch the north game, pretty sure they ran like a 4-5. Never seen that before. But it worked on them
  • Glory_Days
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next