Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
Not yet a day old and this thread is approaching 2,000 views. Probably be 10,000 views by Friday. It's gonna get even more entertaining.

(11-13-2022, 03:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..

(11-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

JC returned 4 of its top 5 rushers from last year's team and their 2nd leading rusher from the 2020 team. McCoart, Price, Lawson, and Conley have all made significant contributions to Johnson Central's past wins against Corbin and all of them have more playoff experience against stronger teams than Corbin's current players have. Maybe Corbin's coaches will finally figure out how to slow down Johnson Central's running attack but it hasn't happened yet.  :D
Man The more you keep talking and poking fun the more I’m gonna troll you until the end of time. Nah I really just genuinely don’t like you. Lol. Hell I don’t even know you and don’t like you.
The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.

Corbin's D did struggle in the SK game, especially in the first half. But they did hold Kenton to 7 points in the second half .  I think Trinity is the only other team to do that.   Seven points allowed in 26 quarters of play is pretty good , especially considering that Corbin's second and third team defense probably played about 50% of those 26 quarters.
Hoot are you picking Johnson Central in the Pick em. Asking for a friend... Smile [Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.7d5e21b10...fK%2fW0%3d]
(11-13-2022, 03:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Hoot are you picking Johnson Central in the Pick em. Asking for a friend... Smile [Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.7d5e21b10...fK%2fW0%3d]
Yes, I certainly am picking Johnson Central. I have a lot of ground to make up and picking such a longshot would give me two points that no Corbin fan would get.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-13-2022, 04:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Hoot are you picking Johnson Central in the Pick em. Asking for a friend... Smile [Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.7d5e21b10...fK%2fW0%3d]
Yes, I certainly am picking Johnson Central. I have a lot of ground to make up and picking such a longshot would give me two points that no Corbin fan would get.

I don't know about a longshot but 2-3 TDs , I'd say.
(11-13-2022, 02:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Let me make this clear to Hoot the only big red wave you’re going to see in November is the New Corbin Red wall defense. Lol
Im loving being a new found Corbin fan more and more. Redhound nation full of democrats should be plenty of EBT to swap come Friday night, forget selling em. 
#GimmeThatPinNumber
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(11-13-2022, 04:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Sarcasm detector broken again?
(11-13-2022, 04:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Dementia has that effect on people take it easy hoot, Jesus man.
  • Hoot Gibson
(11-13-2022, 04:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I honestly would have bet money, you wouldn't have picked Corbin. I'm just playing with you Hoot. I picked Corbin last year in the 2 point game this paticular week and lost that pick but I like my chances this go around..
(11-13-2022, 04:06 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Let me make this clear to Hoot the only big red wave you’re going to see in November is the New Corbin Red wall defense. Lol
Im loving being a new found Corbin fan more and more. Redhound nation full of democrats should be plenty of EBT to swap come Friday night, forget selling em. 
#GimmeThatPinNumber

Casting shade on the 1 of 4 impoverished in our area who need EBT to help feed their families.  Nice...  Typical.

Just another reason to hand out parting gifts to JC at the exit gate on Friday after the game. I'll have a dozen or two ready to go after Friday's beatdown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • HighViz
(11-13-2022, 04:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
#GimmeThatPinNumber

Casting shade on the 1 of 4 impoverished in our area who need EBT to help feed their families.  Nice...  Typical.

Just another reason to hand out parting gifts to JC at the exit gate on Friday after the game. I'll have a dozen or two ready to go after Friday's beatdown.
You can’t give away your EBT card at the gate silly old man. Cmon old school There’s less than 90 miles that separate us nobody’s casting shade on anyone we all obviously live pretty similar life styles just making light of a situation that people like you are embarrassing yourselves acting like you are strapping up this Friday night.
  • Waitaminute
It's funny, this thread about a game between the state's overall second-ranked team(Corbin) and a team(JC) with a RPI  WELL below that of Williamsburg will get five times the number of views of the thread about the big rematch between 4A's second and third ranked teams.

(11-13-2022, 04:45 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 04:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
#GimmeThatPinNumber

You can’t give away your EBT card at the gate silly old man. Cmon old school There’s less than 90 miles that separate us nobody’s casting shade on anyone we all obviously live pretty similar life styles just making light of a situation that people like you are embarrassing yourselves acting like you are strapping up this Friday night.

Sarge and I are strapping on our fighting gear on Friday.     Smile
(11-13-2022, 11:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:57 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Remember when we beat boyle a few years ago and the site shut down because of the traffic.  Instead of traffic it’s gonna be neurons firing and brains will be shut down.

What’s strange  though is There was more talk about JC in the “Letcher co at Corbin” thread than there is here.

I think Corbin's emasculation of poor Letcher has muted a lot of the Corbin naysayers.  Can you believe that, to date,  eight poor souls actually predict JC to win at Campbell Field?  They must be channelling their inner Nostradumb@zzes.  What about a 1-point loss to North Laurel and a 1-point win at home over poor Letcher don't they understand?

Dougie, help us out here...
NostradumbAzzes lol
(11-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's funny, this thread about a game between the state's overall second-ranked team(Corbin) and a team(JC) with a RPI  WELL below that of Williamsburg will get five times the number of views than the thread about the big rematch between 4A's second and third ranked teams.
Nobody believes that Corbin is the second best team in Kentucky and anybody who understands the RPI knows that it is not valid to compare teams in different classes.
(11-13-2022, 05:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's funny, this thread about a game between the state's overall second-ranked team(Corbin) and a team(JC) with a RPI  WELL below that of Williamsburg will get five times the number of views than the thread about the big rematch between 4A's second and third ranked teams.
Nobody believes that Corbin is the second best team in Kentucky and anybody who understands the RPI knows that it is not valid to compare teams in different classes.

And nobody remotely believes you have even a scintilla of a sense of humor.   What do you understand about RPI, other than it screwed Trinity?

You're a whiney little narcissist pretending to be a victim.
(11-13-2022, 05:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I need you to be my psychiatrist. You read people well. What do you charge per hour?

I wondered where you were. You've been busy with your thesaurus, or does your wife write insults for you? All kidding aside, you should lay off the booze.
(11-13-2022, 05:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The state's consensus #1 last week, St X , lost to Male, who lost to Ballard, who lost to Scott County, who squeaked by Franklin County, who Corbin mauled by 20. I think a case could be made for Corbin being #2. I think you'll find a healthy number of Corbinites , a good number of BGR'ers and some KSR staffers who would agree.
(11-13-2022, 05:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

The state's consensus #1 last week, St X , lost to Male, who lost to Ballard, who lost to Scott County, who squeaked by Franklin County, who Corbin mauled by 20. I think a case could be made for Corbin being #2.  I think you'll find a healthy number of Corbinites , a good number of BGR'ers and some KSR staffers who would agree.
I think the case could be made that Trinity would beat Corbin like a rented mule. I am sure that a good number of Corbinites are willing and eager to believe that Corbin is the top team in the state but that doesn't make the claim any less silly.
(11-13-2022, 05:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The state's consensus #1 last week, St X , lost to Male, who lost to Ballard, who lost to Scott County, who squeaked by Franklin County, who Corbin mauled by 20. I think a case could be made for Corbin being #2.  I think you'll find a healthy number of Corbinites , a good number of BGR'ers and some KSR staffers who would agree.
I think the case could be made that Trinity would beat Corbin like a rented mule. I am sure that a good number of Corbinites are willing and eager to believe that Corbin is the top team in the state but that doesn't make the claim any less silly.

A lot less silly than bamboo-laced China ballots flown into AZ that you bought into, among a myriad of other conspiracy theories. You can buy into that craziness but you can't wrap your mind around the fact that, maybe, just maybe, Corbin is the state's second best team?  Kinda weird.
(11-13-2022, 05:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I need you to be my psychiatrist. You read people well.  What do you charge per hour?

I'm an excellent judge of character. I don't charge friends.
(11-13-2022, 05:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 05:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

A lot less silly than bamboo-laced China ballots flown into AZ that you bought into, among a myriad of other conspiracy theories. You can buy into that craziness but you can't wrap your mind around the fact that, maybe, just maybe, Corbin is the state's second best team?  Kinda weird.
Stop lying and stick to the topic. I have seen Corbin play several times this season. I watched Trinity wear out the Simon Kenton team that Corbin fans have been touting as a top tier 6A team ever since SK shredded Corbin's vaunted defense. Corbin is not on the same level as Trinity or the other teams that I mentioned. Why that matters so much to Corbin fans is a mystery to me. When Johnson Central won their first title after winning every playoff game with a running clock and winning the final game 48-0, with a first half running clock, I don't recall any JC fans trying to make the case that the Golden Eagles were the best team in any class.

Corbin has won nothing yet, and you are upset because I don't agree that Redhounds are the second best team in all classes. That is actually both sad and hilarious at the same time.
(11-13-2022, 05:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I wondered where you were. You've been busy with your thesaurus, or does your wife write insults for you? All kidding aside, you should lay off the booze.

I was busy ( I was also inside your head) enjoying my Sunday and made some tater salad to go with chicken and biscuits to have dinner with family and friends. A whiner like you probably doesn't have any true friends. Go Redhounds!
(11-13-2022, 06:06 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I was busy ( I was also inside your head) enjoying my Sunday and made some tater salad to go with chicken and biscuits to have dinner with family and friends. A whiner like you probably doesn't have any true friends. Go Redhounds!
It's usually the keyboard warriors who boast about having a bunch of friends who actually have none.
(11-13-2022, 06:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 05:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Nobody believes that Corbin is the second best team in Kentucky and anybody who understands the RPI knows that it is not valid to compare teams in different classes.

It's usually the keyboard warriors who boast about having a bunch of friends who actually have none.

Gosh damnit, Hoot. I honestly couldn't warm up to you if we were cremated together.  DAMN! You're incorrigible!!!
(11-13-2022, 05:14 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Nobody believes that Corbin is the second best team in Kentucky and anybody who understands the RPI knows that it is not valid to compare teams in different classes.

This keyboard warrior will be in Corbin. Will you? I never boast about anything . You  make it obvious that you're a narcissist.
For Mr. Gibson's further edification, recently updated  Massey ratings has JC rated #22 in the state, just behind a Highlands team that was ousted in the second round.  

Corbin is rated #5 , behind only  Fred DouglassTrinity, St. and Male.

Tongue
(11-13-2022, 06:17 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 05:20 PM)pjdoug Wrote: You're a whiney little narcissist pretending to be a victim.

This keyboard warrior will be in Corbin. Will you? I never boast about anything . You  make it obvious that you're a narcissist.
I doubt that I will be making the 12 hour drive to watch the game live. You make it obvious that you a jerk. I pity your caretaker.
(11-13-2022, 03:22 PM)He Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..
Classy. Just what I expect from you. Ironton is more talented than Corbin. Johnson Central lost to Ironton and will need to play better to beat Corbin. I will never understand what makes braggarts like you tick. That Simon Kenton game was one of the worst displays of defense that I have seen. Simon Kenton is good, but not that good. They have two very good offensive threats and if you contain one of them, then they are in trouble. Corbin let them run wild, just like Corbin let Johnson Central's offense run wild last season.
Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran as wild like stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
Like I said, Simon Kenton had two main offensive threats. Corbin did not stop either one of them. Putting together a string of shutouts against the weakest part of the schedule does not make up for that extremely poor defensive showing. Johnson Central dominated Crone and SK in a two game series and SK dropped them from the schedule and picked up Corbin. I guess SK thought they had a better shot at beating the Redhounds. They were right, but the Pioneers found a way to lose a game in which they rolled up 528 total yards of offense, and that is not an easy thing to do.
Oh wow. It’s not like I haven’t heard that statistic like 10k times already. But yet we found a way to shut them out second half. Come on man it’s gonna be a long week. You’ve got to come up with better material. That’s why we play a week schedule. We like shutting ppl out at the back end of the schedule. Makes us look tough. Isn’t that the redhound way? All talk ? What happened to jc schedule this year. It was a real tough , grinding one i suppose ?
(11-13-2022, 06:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:17 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 05:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I wondered where you were. You've been busy with your thesaurus, or does your wife write insults for you? All kidding aside, you should lay off the booze.

I doubt that I will be making the 12 hour drive to watch the game live. You make it obvious that you a jerk. I pity your caretaker.

I feel like I'm talking to a little boy . I'll be back later to set the hook.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next