Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 21 Ravens 7
6 more turnovers for the Ravens vs the Bengals. You get a win any way you can get it in the NFL. How bad is Steve McNair? Graham kicks 7 FGs. Everytime the Bengals got a turnover they tried running Rudi on first down and just about every time it resulted in no gain or a loss. Watson is clearly the better back at this point. Henry also had a productive game his first game back. Also, I know the Ravens offense is terrible, but one improvement I saw out of the Bengals defense was the tackling. Hey, it's a win. And after the way this season has been going I'll take one any way I can get it.......lol.
Bengal Cat Wrote:6 more turnovers for the Ravens vs the Bengals. You get a win any way you can get it in the NFL. How bad is Steve McNair? Graham kicks 7 FGs. Everytime the Bengals got a turnover they tried running Rudi on first down and just about every time it resulted in no gain or a loss. Watson is clearly the better back at this point. Henry also had a productive game his first game back. Also, I know the Ravens offense is terrible, but one improvement I saw out of the Bengals defense was the tackling. Hey, it's a win. And after the way this season has been going I'll take one any way I can get it.......lol.

The play calling was more aggressive on the defensive side for the most part. I would have been happy with the defensive play calling, except for, on short yardage, Chuck called a medium zone, and they threw a four yard hitch (I think that was the situation). Hellen Keller could call a better defensive game than Chuck does.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Cincy won a slug fest, and when you can outpunch the Ravens, its always good. Congrats to the Bengals. I dont care if you kick 20 field goals in a game, a win is a win. Against a tough team no less...
Nice to see a Bengals win, but no touchdowns is not going to cut it most weeks. Cincy was just lucky to be playing an overrated team with possibly the worst offense in the league.

More concerning is that the problems with scoring have not resolved, as the lack of touchdowns today demonstrated. Carson missed a wide-open #85 in the end zone on a slant in the first half, and we had to settle for a FG, then they get to the 1-foot-line late in the second quarter and they can't punch it in then either. The offense still looks out-of-sync, mainly due to a pitiful rush attack. Have to think it would've been nice to have Kenny Irons right now, although I never thought I'd say this back in April when I was too busy lambasting that pick!

Oh well, a win is a win. Really, the remaining schedule doesn't look too daunting, and if the Bengals get their crap together, going 6-1 to finish 9-7 isn't out of the question. It's highly unlikely that record would get them into the playoffs, but it would be a nice turnaround from 2-6. Remaining games for Cincy:

Home: Arizona, Tennessee, St. Louis, Cleveland
Road: Pittsburgh, San Fran, Miami

At the start of the season I would've said definitely predicted going 6-1 in those games, but even now the only sure loss is to the Steelers. Although the Bengals would be underdogs to the Titans and likely the Browns, they do play well at home and could very well beat both of them.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Actually, I like the Bengals against the Steelers in their next matchup. It seems as if they always alternate wins. At least in the past couple of years. Pittsburgh always wins in Cincy and Cincy always wins in Pitt. So I would guess they will win this game. They will probably lose to Miami, especially if Miami is winless going into the game. Smile
More Cowbell Wrote:Nice to see a Bengals win, but no touchdowns is not going to cut it most weeks. Cincy was just lucky to be playing an overrated team with possibly the worst offense in the league.

More concerning is that the problems with scoring have not resolved, as the lack of touchdowns today demonstrated. Carson missed a wide-open #85 in the end zone on a slant in the first half, and we had to settle for a FG, then they get to the 1-foot-line late in the second quarter and they can't punch it in then either. The offense still looks out-of-sync, mainly due to a pitiful rush attack. Have to think it would've been nice to have Kenny Irons right now, although I never thought I'd say this back in April when I was too busy lambasting that pick!

Oh well, a win is a win. Really, the remaining schedule doesn't look too daunting, and if the Bengals get their crap together, going 6-1 to finish 9-7 isn't out of the question. It's highly unlikely that record would get them into the playoffs, but it would be a nice turnaround from 2-6. Remaining games for Cincy:

Home: Arizona, Tennessee, St. Louis, Cleveland
Road: Pittsburgh, San Fran, Miami

At the start of the season I would've said definitely predicted going 6-1 in those games, but even now the only sure loss is to the Steelers. Although the Bengals would be underdogs to the Titans and likely the Browns, they do play well at home and could very well beat both of them.

A 9-7 record is very likely, and a 10-6 record is also possible because, like BFC4L pointed out, the Steelers and Bengals have seemed to win in the other ones house. 9-7 could probly still get them in because look at the teams in the hunt for the wild card (this is assuming the Bengals lose one game from here in): Titans- lose to the Bengals, Colts, Chargers for sure, then one more loss puts them at 8-8, Buffalo- lose to the Pats, Jags, Skins (maybe), Browns (maybe), Giants and Eagles, so they should finish no better than 8-8, and Denver's the only other out-of-division I'm worried about, and even their schedule's not too tough, so if we win out, we're in, if we lose one, it's a long shot.

Baltimore's only one ahead, and I think they're collapsing, and they might only win one or two games the rest of the year. Browns are only one game up, so if we beat them that puts us even and then they lose one more to anyone and we're ahead.

That's all assuming a lot, but one game at a time- Arizona's our only worry right now.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Glad to see Cincinnati win against an always tough Ravens squad. If I were Shayne Graham I would have been begging coach to let me kick an 8th field goal at the end of the game, lol. But regardless a wins a wins a win and the Bengals came away with it, congrats.
Right now guys I'm just glad to get a win. Next week will be a good measuring stick to see if the Bengals defense has improved any or if yesterday was a by-product of playing a very poor offense. Arizonas offense is not the Patriots but its leaps and bounds ahead of Baltimore.

I'm going to wait to see if they can string together a few wins before I even utter the word "playoffs."
"playoffs" :confused:
5timechamp Wrote:"playoffs" :confused:

Honestly, the only game on the schedule right now is against the Cardinals a week from today.
BFritz Wrote:A 9-7 record is very likely, and a 10-6 record is also possible because, like BFC4L pointed out, the Steelers and Bengals have seemed to win in the other ones house. 9-7 could probly still get them in because look at the teams in the hunt for the wild card (this is assuming the Bengals lose one game from here in): Titans- lose to the Bengals, Colts, Chargers for sure, then one more loss puts them at 8-8, Buffalo- lose to the Pats, Jags, Skins (maybe), Browns (maybe), Giants and Eagles, so they should finish no better than 8-8, and Denver's the only other out-of-division I'm worried about, and even their schedule's not too tough, so if we win out, we're in, if we lose one, it's a long shot.

Baltimore's only one ahead, and I think they're collapsing, and they might only win one or two games the rest of the year. Browns are only one game up, so if we beat them that puts us even and then they lose one more to anyone and we're ahead.

That's all assuming a lot, but one game at a time- Arizona's our only worry right now.
My head is spinning at the fact Bengals fans are coming up with playoff scenarios right now. You got seven field goals against the worst NFL offense since Kennedy was in office. I can't see the Bengals beating a passing team because of their woeful pass defense. Arizona, Cleveland, and St. Louis all throw the football. No way the Bengals sweep them. They aren't going to beat Pittsburgh. I mean, it's great to support your team and all, but wow. 9-7 and the playoffs? Smile
Gee playoff?? NO WAY! Bengals season is done over, they will play the rest of the season out and train in the off season for next year.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Gee playoff?? NO WAY! Bengals season is done over, they will play the rest of the season out and train in the off season for next year.

No kidding. It's nice to be optimistic but take off the shades. The Bungals are not a good football team. Plain and simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFritz Wrote:A 9-7 record is very likely, and a 10-6 record is also possible because, like BFC4L pointed out, the Steelers and Bengals have seemed to win in the other ones house.

I wouldn't go so far as to say a 9-7 record is likely, and there's no way they beat the Steelers to finish 10-6. It is certainly possible that they finish 9-7, but they will have to win a couple games in which they will be a home underdog to do so. Games at Cincy with Cleveland and Tennessee will be the biggest stumbling blocks among the potential wins.

Now, all you Bengal haters on here, saying the Bengals could finish 6-1 is not a product of being an overly optimistic fan, it's a reasonable statement when you look at the remaining schedule. For some reason, the schedule-makers front-loaded Cincy's games this year, and the last seven don't look too tough, other than a trip into Pittsburgh. Look at the other 6 games, along with team records:

Tennessee (6-3)
Cleveland (5-4)
Arizona (4-5)
at San Fran (2-7)
St. Louis (1-8)
at Miami (0-9)

I don't see a game on there the Bengals can't win, especially with the first two being at home. Not saying they will win all of them, because I'm sure they will be underdogs to Cleveland and Tennessee, but it's possible. I see anywhere from a 4-3 to a 6-1 finish.

However, the only mention of playoffs I will make is to say the Bengals won't be in them. Even if they do finish 9-7, there are too many good teams in the AFC for that record to cut it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think we can put 9-7 and the playoffs to bed now. Again, the improved Bengal defense that was touted in the preseason was AWOL yet again.