Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Coach BB King
I'm hearing BB King is taking a leave of absence from the program for health related issues.

Brent Turner will be taking over for the time being.

I'm unsure of Mr Turner's coaching experience he is in his early to mid 30s and at least to my knowledge never played varsity basketball.

(12-13-2022, 02:16 PM)wolfcat Wrote: I'm hearing BB King is taking a leave of absence from the program for health related issues.

I'm unsure of Mr Turner's coaching experience he is in his early to mid 30s and at least to my knowledge never played varsity basketball.
After the lackluster, to say the least, performance in the WYMT and the Sperry injury it has been a tough week for the Bobcats.
Brent Turner played his senior year at Buckhorn for coach Noble in 09/10. I’m unsure if he played any before that, I am almost positive he didn’t his junior year. To my knowledge, he don’t have any head coaching experience but I could be wrong. Hope they can get everything lined out.
To my knowledge, Arch Johnson is running things as of now where BB is out a few days for sickness… A source told me Brent wasn’t even at practice last night… get your facts straight
I wouldn't consider a man taking a leave of absence due to health issues, as "Drama"! If Arch is coaching, he will get the most out of these boys, and he definitely knows the game.
Is he just going to be out for a few weeks or what’s the word?
The breathitt county school board has let these boys down. BB is a great coach but anyone with a brain could see physically BB may not be able to with stand a year especially with breathitt expectations and parent ball. Now arch may know some ball but he’s in it for the wrong reasons. Nepotism at its best with this move. Both grandpas doing their best I guess but it’s not right. Bad deal all around in my opinion. Praying for BB’s health and recovery.
(12-13-2022, 02:54 PM)BigBadBobcat Wrote: To my knowledge, Arch Johnson is running things as of now where BB is out a few days for sickness… A source told me Brent wasn’t even at practice last night… get your facts straight
Sounds to me like myfacts  are pretty straight. Arch can't be the official coach because he isn't a certified personnel. Brent is the official head coach until BB comes back. 

What did I get wrong?
Are you one of the parents/ grandparents that ran Coach Noble out of town and have destroyed the program over the last 20 years?

Why be so rude?

(12-13-2022, 03:37 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I wouldn't consider a man taking a leave of absence due to health issues, as "Drama"! If Arch is coaching, he will get the most out of these boys, and he definitely knows the game.
Considering all that is going on within the program from BBs health to some family members already criticizing his coaching I couldn't think of a better word. With that being said I have nothing but respect for Arch. I wish him (and Brent) the best of luck.
What do you mean by certified personnel? If Brent Turner is considered head coach and doesn’t show up to practice… seems like he isn’t the head coach and Arch is. JMO
(12-13-2022, 03:37 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I wouldn't consider a man taking a leave of absence due to health issues, as "Drama"! If Arch is coaching, he will get the most out of these boys, and he definitely knows the game.
And how do you know that? He hasn’t coached since 85. Sounds like a great situation lol Breathitt County administration is a joke. They should have known this was gonna happen.
First lets keep everything in order of importance. Prayers for BB, he's a class act and great coach. As far as who's coaching it should be a team effort with all the assistants carrying out BB's wishes as far as how he wants the gameplan prepared. That's the job of an assistant, not to make major changes or to change the way the team does things. If BB can't make it back then they have to make some tough decisions fast. I hope everyone on here will respect BB enough to wait till that time to discuss any of that. Some things are bigger than basketball.
[-] The following 4 users Like Reds#1Fan's post:
  • 64SUR, DukeBoy, roundballer, wolfcat
Terrible hire for the simple fact he done the same thing at knott. It’s unfortunate about his health but when you can’t do practice and scout and work in off season you do the players a disservice. He needs to quit and focus on his health .
Noticed at the mountain classic an assistant coach on each side had to help BB to his feet from a sitting position. Hard to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RockyRoad's post:
  • wildcats76
(12-13-2022, 02:16 PM)wolfcat Wrote: I'm hearing BB King is taking a leave of absence from the program for health related issues.

After the lackluster, to say the least, performance in the WYMT and the Sperry injury it has been a tough week for the Bobcats.
What injury does Sperry have? His mom post at least 7 times all over social media that he was fine and walked out of the hospital. She even tweeted “ the fall heard around Eastern Ky” lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes BreakingBad's post:
  • roundballer
Knew it wouldn’t take long before Breathitt got mad and started complaining. Sad truth is, anybody would be stupid to go to Breathitt for the simply fact, everyone wants to complain about the coach.
Breathitt is smoldering right now and will become a dumpster fire by end of season. The Breathitt parents made a huge mistake running off Coach Noble.
[-] The following 3 users Like Grannyshot's post:
  • Bluecat, roundballer, wolfcat
(12-13-2022, 05:10 PM)clevland Wrote: What do you mean by certified personnel? If Brent Turner is considered head coach and doesn’t show up to practice… seems like he isn’t the head coach and Arch is. JMO

In the school system you have certified and classified positions. Certified are teachers, principals, etc. Classified are janitors, secretaries, etc. 
For any organized school function with more than just a couple of kids which practice would be there must be a certified personnel present. To my knowledge Arch is not certified but Brent, being a teacher, would be.
Arch may indeed be leading practice but Brent or another certified person must be there as well. I know of a middle school that got into some issues a few years back be ause of this.

(12-14-2022, 12:58 AM)BreakingBad Wrote:

What injury does Sperry have? His mom post at least 7 times all over social media that he was fine and walked out of the hospital. She even tweeted “ the fall heard around Eastern Ky” lol

If not an injury what would you call it? Kid went to the hospital and didn't finish game. That's an injury in my books and does nothing to add to the awful week Breathitt just went thru. I pray the kid is fine and according to his mom he is but he still experienced an injury.

I bet Sperry plays Friday against Wolfe. If he does I look forward to his minutes being limited. Also heard BB will be back in couple days.
I feel like if Breathitts players get on board with whoever is coaching and just play the game to their capabilities, they will be right in the region championship game. Need to quit looking for an excuse to lose. Just ball out and play as a team. Have fun and enjoy the moment because it ain’t gonna last. Support the kids and motivate them instead of bringing them down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • roundballer
Acting coach or head coach does not have to be a certified employee.
(12-14-2022, 01:28 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Acting coach or head coach does not have to be a certified employee.
Thank you, I did not think so.
(12-14-2022, 11:59 AM)clevland Wrote:

I bet Sperry plays Friday against Wolfe. If he does I look forward to his minutes being limited. Also heard BB will be back in couple days.

I think Sperry’s playing time will be down this year because BB don’t stand for a one man show. Not taking away from Sperry with his AAU games but I just don’t see the potential in games he’s played in the region. He’s not going to be what pulls Breathitt through this year, it will be Collins and Hoskins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaterBoy15thregion's post:
  • roundballer

She’s definitely a proud mama lol
I think they need to look into hiring a assistant coach that has some head coaching experience. I just don’t see Johnson or Turner being ready to do the job. I hope I’m wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wolfeman's post:
  • roundballer
I'd be willing to bet this is Sperry's last year at Breathitt.. He's Prep School Bound..
Prep school Lol. I’d think you’d have to be a little more effective in the 14th. Prep School type player in the 14th would average 25/30 points , but 10 boards, 5 or 6 steals/blocks, 5 assists every single night. Prep school, no way. Maybe after JR year but he has a lot of work to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • wannacat
Prep School is really so you can focus on your sport. Its not an 6-7 hour school day and then practice. ran more like college programs in which you play 40-50 games a year, and practice whenever. Kids go there to hone their craft, no be the best before they get there. Usually Coaching is alot more structured and geared toward preparing kids for college, not just winning district.

And it seems that Coaching is really what this kid needs. He has physical skills, just putting the whole game together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Onward Leslie!'s post:
  • 16thregionballer
BB is a good man. May not have always agreed with his coaching techniques, but he is more than just a coach. I truly wish he had retired after winning that last regional title and spent the rest of his life doing other things he enjoyed and spending time with family and friends. Coaching is stressful, and he has done his time, he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. Knott saw he needed to retire, they saw the decline in how he was able to coach and the things he was able to do with the kids. It’s more than just showing up to practice and games. He just wasn’t able to give what the kids needed. No fault to him, sadly, just how it was.

Breathitt had a great, healthy coach, that was able and willing to give the kids what they needed. Still shocked they let John go. Maybe it’s not the coach that’s the problem, just saying.
(12-15-2022, 03:26 PM)roundballer Wrote: BB is a good man. May not have always agreed with his coaching techniques, but he is more than just a coach. I truly wish he had retired after winning that last regional title and spent the rest of his life doing other things he enjoyed and spending time with family and friends. Coaching is stressful, and he has done his time, he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. Knott saw he needed to retire, they saw the decline in how he was able to coach and the things he was able to do with the kids. It’s more than just showing up to practice and games. He just wasn’t able to give what the kids needed. No fault to him, sadly, just how it was.

Breathitt had a great, healthy coach, that was able and willing to give the kids what they needed. Still shocked they let John go. Maybe it’s not the coach that’s the problem, just saying.

It’s definitely not the coach at Breathitt.
You play Prep school ball Leslie baller?
(12-15-2022, 03:26 PM)roundballer Wrote: BB is a good man. May not have always agreed with his coaching techniques, but he is more than just a coach. I truly wish he had retired after winning that last regional title and spent the rest of his life doing other things he enjoyed and spending time with family and friends. Coaching is stressful, and he has done his time, he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. Knott saw he needed to retire, they saw the decline in how he was able to coach and the things he was able to do with the kids. It’s more than just showing up to practice and games. He just wasn’t able to give what the kids needed. No fault to him, sadly, just how it was.

Don’t blame the powers that be for running off Noble.  Barely above .500 in the time he was there.  I just think they made a bad choice for his replacement.  I have empathy for BB but, with that being said, these kids need a capable coach.  I feel their a better team with Sperry on the bench. Yes, I said that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wannacat's post:
  • roundballer