Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results from Care More Pharmacy Preseason Tournament at Dorton
1st Round Games

Herald Whitaker Middle School 58 - Elkhorn City 41
Montgomery had 15 and Whitker (Whitaker?) had 14 for HWMS.
Stiltner had 18 and Ratliff 17 for Elkhorn City.

Dorton 48 - Paintsville 32
Logan Lucas had 17 and Zack Collins had 15 for Dorton.
Jarrell had 8 and Daniels had 7 for Paintsville.

Virgie 46 - Betsy Layne 45
Best game of the night. Very competitive and exciting atmosphere.
Johnson had 17 and Mullins had 14 for Virgie.
Roberts had 18 and Hamilton had 7 for Betsy Layne.

Tomorrow's final first round game is Belfry vs Grundy, Va at 7:15.

Elkhorn and Paintsville play for 5th place tie at 6:00.

Betsy Layne and Belfry/Grundy loser play for 5th place tie at 8:30.

Semis on Wed.

Finals on Thursday.
Will there be a 5th place game for the winner of the Betsy Layne/Belfry/Grundy loser and the winner of the Elkhorn City/Paintville game?
What were the scores for the games tonight? What time does Dorton play on Wednesday?
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Will there be a 5th place game for the winner of the Betsy Layne/Belfry/Grundy loser and the winner of the Elkhorn City/Paintville game?

No, Betsy Layne and Paintsville tied for 5th place. I was just trying to guarantee all teams 2 games. If I had thought they would have wanted to come back for a 3rd night prior to the tournament, I would have worked it out that way. That would have been a good game to watch.
LadyCat2007 Wrote:what were the scores for the games tonight? what time does dorton play on wednesday?

Accidentally left the scorebook at school, but Paintsville beat EC by around 15, Belfry (7th Grade) beat Grundy by 10, and Betsy Layne beat Grundy by around 40.

Tomorrow's semifinals are:

Herald Whitaker vs Dorton @ 6:00

Virgie vs Belfry @ 7:30
well lets go cats
durn...would love to watch the cats play...i'll try some other time...maybe at blue and white night...
Semifinal Games

Dorton 49 - Herald Whitaker 44
Logan Lucas led Dorton with 14 points, and Johnny Mullins added 12 off the bench. C.J. Addington and Zack Collins had 7 each, while David Belcher added 4, Cody Bentley 3, and Chanon Anderson had 2 points and 7 rebounds.
C. Hall led HWMS with 19 points, and Whitaker added 15.

Virgie 38 - Belfry 28
Keaton Johnson led Virgie with 12 points, while Jonathan Robinson and Dalton Richardson added 6 each.
Nick West led Belfry with 11 points. Tyler Ratliff added 7.

Tomorrow's Games
Herald Whitaker vs Belfry @ 6:00 (Consolation)
Dorton vs Virgie @ 7:30 (Championship)
Good work DortonWildcat... :thumpsup:

Keep us updated.
blackcat_student Wrote:Good work DortonWildcat... :thumpsup:

Keep us updated.

Thanks.

I will post the scores and the All Tournament Team (12 members) tomorrow night after the games. One other thing is an All Sportsmanship Team (8 members) we are doing to recognize those kids who have model behavior on the court, but aren't bragged on enough for it. Sportsmanship is a part of sports that is sometimes forgotten in the heat of battle.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thanks.

I will post the scores and the All Tournament Team (12 members) tomorrow night after the games. One other thing is an All Sportsmanship Team (8 members) we are doing to recognize those kids who have model behavior on the court, but aren't bragged on enough for it. Sportsmanship is a part of sports that is sometimes forgotten in the heat of battle.

Very True.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thanks.

This All Sportsmanship Team is a Great Idea!!!!!!!!! 2 Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!!!One from each team? Or how will they be chosen?
OnCeABobcat Wrote:This All Sportsmanship Team is a Great Idea!!!!!!!!! 2 Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!!!One from each team? Or how will they be chosen?

We are choosing one member from each team. That is the only fair way we could think of. I know there are several players deserving of this from each team and we can't recognize them all, but it's important to recognize good sportsmanship. This may put it in the back of the boys minds that they need to be good sports on the court in addition to good players.

As far as the All Tournament team, there will be 12 players chosen by a committee of 3 people. There is no set number from each team.
Here are tonight's results:

Consolation
Herald Whitaker 75 - Belfry (7th Grade) 27

For Herald Whitaker Colton Howes had 13, Shane Kennard 11, and Austin Whitaker 9.
For Belfry Zack Maynard had 7 and Nick West had 5.

Championship
Dorton 41 - Virgie 25

For Dorton Logan Lucas had 11 points, 5 steals, and 4 assists; Cody Bentley had 9 points, David Belcher had 8 points and 16 rebounds; Cody Belter had 6 points and 3 blocks; Zack Collins had 5 points; Chanon Anderson had 9 rebounds.
For Virgie Keaton Johnson had 15 points, and Jonathan Mullins had 5 points.

The Team Sportsmanship Award went to Belfry.

The All Sportsmanship Team included:
1. #1 from Grundy
2. #15 (Roberts) from Betsy Layne
3. Nathan Howard from HWMS
4. Michael Caudill from EC
5. Seth Jarrell from Paintsville
6. Zack Francisco from Belfry
7. Steven Adkins from Virgie
8. Johnny Mullins from Dorton

The All Tournament Team included:
1. Tony Messer from Belfry
2. Seth Jarrell from Paintsville
3. Michael Stiltner from Elkhorn
4. Roberts (#15) from Betsy Layne
5. Hamilton (#24) from Betsy Layne
6. Austin Whitaker from HWMS
7. Caleb Hall from HWMS
8. Jonathan Mullins from Virgie
9. Keaton Johnson from Virgie
10.Cody Bentley from Dorton
11.Zack Collins from Dorton
12.Logan Lucas from Dorton

We would like to thank all teams who participated in this tournament, and we would especially like to thank Care More Pharmacy for sponsoring the tournament and supporting the school so much.
Congrats Dorton...a good start for the year...big congrats to Johnny(who I expected to make all sportsmanship),Cody,Logan,and Zack...good job Mr. Davis and the rest of the wildcats...
Dorton play Whitesburg today? Am I Correct? Will be attending this one at LCC!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Dorton play Whitesburg today? Am I Correct? Will be attending this one at LCC!

Yep. We play them at 2:45. Should be interesting. Last year, they beat us 34 points in this group. This game will show us a lot about how much we've improved and how much we have to go.
I think Whitesburg returned 4 starters from last years team. They are 6'4, 6'2, 6'0, and I think 5'9 and 5'8. Logan Johnson is back after breaking his leg during the first heavy day of football practice! Just a complete player and look forward to watching him this year!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I think Whitesburg returned 4 starters from last years team. They are 6'4, 6'2, 6'0, and I think 5'9 and 5'8. Logan Johnson is back after breaking his leg during the first heavy day of football practice! Just a complete player and look forward to watching him this year!

Whitesburg is big, strong, and quick. They should be one of the best middle school teams in Eastern Kentucky.
good luck cats...i'll be watchin at blue and white night tonight...