Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Harlan 80 Ashland 63
(12-27-2022, 02:12 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 10:46 AM)i82much Wrote: Been out of town, first for my retirement job and then for Christmas. While trying to catch up on my love for 16th region sports I click on this thread looking for game discussion between Harlan and Ashland only to find out the chatter has regressed to the same old crap. If you must continue with the bickering do it on the threads dealing directly with the subject or start a new thread so unsuspecting old guys or innocent Harlan fans don't have to listen to the relentless babbling.
Lol. What do you think this site is on any thread!!  Welcome back !

Good to be home for a few....definitely some truth in your response....I've been guilty a few times myself....
(12-27-2022, 02:08 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Post #23 by 16thregioner explains it perfectly. There is nothing on the audio that offers proof that any of the players currently at Ashland or in the past have been recruited.    It’s just the way some of these posters want to paint it and add their own twist.  There’s a small group constantly posting on here that are interjecting their own interpretations of the call and taking a lot of dramatic license, a term occasionally used in movies. They use certain word and terms, such as “blatant”, “recruiting”, “cheating”, etc, over and over in posts with the hopes if they continue saying them enough that it will make their slant seem true to readers.
Mays’ violation is speaking to Spurlock, which is contact and a violation of Bylaw 16, regardless if he wasn’t even the caller. That’s it in a nutshell….impermissible contact. That’s not recruiting. But he did answer the phone and was drawn into a conversation.  He should have immediately referred him to the Principal or guidance office to answer his questions and politely said goodbye. But alas he didn’t. Friendly guy and too nice for his own good. So now he’s not the coach and that’s okay. I’m sure he will probably coach somewhere else in the future. Right now he continues working at the school and has more time to enjoy his family. I wish him the best. And I will be rooting for the Ashland Tomcats come February to win another regional championship and make it back to Rupp. GO TOMCATS!!!!
Small group???  The whole 16th region other than Ashland homers feels this way.  Get your head out of the sand.  The small group are the 3 posters including yourself on here that say move on, nothing to see here…I get around a lot in the 16th region and have yet to run across anyone in this entire region outside of Ashland that feels after listening to the recording that Ashland is playing with with players that were not recruited.  Stay in the Ashland homer circle and you will hear only what you want to hear.  It’s cheating and is not fair to other teams to have a recruiting system for any high school team in Kentucky than to subsequently play with recruited players.  It makes it even more obscene that an adult such as yourself would be “cheering them on” to go to Rupp. This is high school. Nobody outside of Ashland is letting this go or allowing the KHSAA to turn a blind eye.