Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me ...
Do you really want me me cry ? ("Make Liberals Cry Again" was a MAGA favorite) .

I really am a good citizen --- a beloved son , brother,  Earth lover,  animal lover. I've never broken a law(other than a traffic violation).

By all accounts, I am well thought of by friends and colleagues and the young men and women I have taught and mentored for more than thirty-five years. I've never done drugs(an occasional beer back in the day) , been an advocate for the impoverished,the disenfranchised ,  and Mother Earth.  I've spoken out for equal rights and privileges for gays and lesbians, like my sister, and for all minority groups. I've bought food for those who are hungry and shoes for kids that and none. I guess I am a tree hugger, too. The environment is important to me. I want to nurture Nature, not aid her demise.

Fiscally, I am pretty much a moderate. I believe some spending by the government is needed to give a helping hand to those who need it. I am as disgusted by government waste as most people are. Give my tax money to poor families who need help, not scammed and laundered by career politicians.

I was raised by a family of Democrats, who lived their lives in very much a conservative fashion. We believed in helping our friends and neighbors who needed our help. We felt like the government should lend a hand but felt like the playing field was tilted in favor of the very wealthy(even moreso , nowadays) .

I believe there is systemic racism in our country that needs to be addressed with more urgency and passion than, say, building a wall.   Black men are imprisoned  in disproportionate numbers vs non-blacks and serve longer sentences for lesser crimes than those committed by their white counterparts. Justice needs to be doled out in a more equitable fashion.

Although they have made many gains over the decades  women are still second-class citizens , in some regards. They still receive just three-quarters of a man's pay for the same work. They still have those who want to take away their right to to health care options and choices about their own bodies.  This needs to change.

I think my friends on here can see a common theme running through all of these things that I lobbied for most of my adult life. That common theme is EQUAL TREATMENT AND JUSTICE FOR ALL ,   not just the wealthy and privileged classes.

I want everyone to be happy and have a fair shot at living out their lives and raising their families in a friendly and welcoming environment, rather than an alienating and bigoted one.

So,  call these progressive views those of a brainwashed "libtard," if you want. I see it as just a good citizen who wants his country to be a better place for ALL of its citizens. More love, less bigotry ; more appreciative of diversity and loving one another and less accepting of divisiveness and hating one another.  Are these views of a good citizen worthy of provoking disgust and hate? I guess I don't understand why any person would hate someone with views that advocate for inclusion, equality , and respect for all.

Whether we all realize it or not, we are in a Civil War with each other. It's not one that will be fought with guns and tanks but with words and hate.  And this Civil War will be a most uncivil one. It has already begun, folks.  We must do better.

What about the things I say or stand for makes me an object of your hate? What about my ideas makes you want to insult me, call me brainwashed, call me a liar, question my intellect or my sanity ?  What about wanting to see everyone happy and treated fairly makes you want to see me cry? 

I love each of you, those who think as I do and also those who are on the opposite end of the philosophical spectrum.  Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?  Do you really?    Confused

I don't want to hurt you at all OSH, I genuinely like you a lot and have total respect for your knowledge of sports and music. We could have a lot of fun drinking a few beers after a big Corbin/Pikeville game in any sport and laugh at everything other than politics. But you have the liberal mind virus that ruins everything it touches. If you tried to spread it to me I would roll my eyes and hit you with a couple facts that would hairlip you and we would go straight back to talking about sports and music and women lol...
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Scott Adams Retweeted
Ann Coulter
@AnnCoulter
How could any white man vote for the Democrats?

Of the 97 judges Biden has put on the bench, only FIVE have been white men. (And I'm reserving judgment on those five.)
There is your systemic racism shot to h!ll. Democrats hate you OSH and so do all the other races.
(12-30-2022, 12:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I don't want to hurt you at all OSH, I genuinely like you a lot and have total respect for your knowledge of sports and music. We could have a lot of fun drinking a few beers after a big Corbin/Pikeville game in any sport and laugh at everything other than politics. But you have the liberal mind virus that ruins everything it touches. If you tried to spread it to me I would roll my eyes and hit you with a couple facts that would hairlip you and we would go straight back to talking about sports and music and women lol...

Love ya, man .  Just having some fun.
I don't hate you either. Just disagree with some of your perspectives.

What do you teach OSH?
(12-30-2022, 12:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: There is your systemic racism shot to h!ll. Democrats hate you OSH and so do all the other races.
I think Mr Biden would call it trying to balance a very unlevel  playing field.
^^ I believe there is no 'system' of racism in the United States. Further, I believe racism was addressed and socially litigated to a level of historic  success last century here in these United States. Not satisfied, the left has resuscitated the rotting corpse of racism in their efforts to somehow find a hill worth dying on.  And why? Because lacking the proper attitude towards the sovereignty of God from which to derive moral meaning in this life, they have instead set themselves as the authority of what is right and wrong. And last but not least, the founders already leveled the playing field. A fact you seem destined to deny either until the relevancy of America has past, or you wind up taking to the grave.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]