Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Rankings 1-3-2023
Just by looking at wins/losses and strength of schedule here are my rankings as off today.

1.  Perry Central
2.  Leslie County
3.  Owsley County
4.  Knott Central
5.  Letcher Central
6.  Hazard
7.  Wolfe County
8.  Powell County
9.  Buckhorn
10. Estill County

Feel like 1-3 are about a toss up.  Knott is getting there and closing in.  Letcher has played a competitive schedule and haven’t had any easy wins so they are probably right there with the rest of the top teams. Time will tell.
Not that it matters, but I would make some changes to 6 through 10.

1. Perry
2. Leslie
3. Owsley
4. Knott
5. Letcher
6. Powell
7. Estill
8. Hazard
9. Buckhorn
10. Wolfe

Powell picked up a big win against Estill. Powell and Estill haven't played Hazard, but I think Hazard trails them. I put Buckhorn behind Hazard because Hazard barely beat them a few days ago. 6 through 10 have not had any impressive wins and have played a weaker schedule. Just my thoughts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Weatherman's post:
  • DukeBoy
Heard Hazard had a couple of girls quit but don’t know that to be a fact.
Hall didn’t play last night. They did pick up Maddi Fronaple from Pikeville who is very very talented only to be in the 7th grade.

How has Wolfe been doing Reds Fan? Not got to see them play this year?
1 Owsley
2 Leslie
3 Perry
4 Letcher
5 Knott
6 Powell
7 Wolf
8 Estill
9 Hazard
10 Buckhorn
Wolfe has played well at times and not very well at times. Had a good showing in Tennessee playing 3 quality teams and being in every game. Lost by 9 to the same team that beat Owsley by 10 on the first day of the tournament. Really good team from Nashville area I think. Coach Brown is just starting to figure out the best style for them to play I think. He will have them ready come post season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • DukeBoy
1. Leslie 
2. Owsley
3. Perry
4. Knott
5. Letcher

Leslie crushed Powell, beat Owsley, played North Laurel on the road only lost by 6. Crushed PCC in district championship last year. 

Owsley struggled to beat Powell at home

Perry had a player quit

Knott seems to be heating up

Letcher don’t count them out
Nobody scared of the big bad Eagles. They play one tuff opponent once a month. Whose next, OBI?
Which player quit for Perry?
(01-07-2023, 12:02 AM)MountainBaller Wrote: 1. Leslie 
2. Owsley
3. Perry
4. Knott
5. Letcher

Leslie crushed Powell, beat Owsley, played North Laurel on the road only lost by 6. Crushed PCC in district championship last year. 

Owsley struggled to beat Powell at home

Perry had a player quit

Knott seems to be heating up

Letcher don’t count them out
It’s difficult to compare games already played of who beat who and how bad. Owsley and Powell are in the same district and are playing for tournament seeding positions and the entire nature of those type of games are different. Big crowds and a little more pressure than a regular season game outside of district play. 
Owsley had a 14 point lead and got sloppy and Powell made a good run toward the end but Owsley was able to get the W. As far as comparing scores, Owsley played the same Greenup Co team in late summer ball at Prestonsburg and beat them around 15, and Greenup beat Powell by about 20 recently in the 2A. But those type scores don’t mean anything. Matchups are all different. 
As far as difficult matchups, Owsley has a good one for Monday, Jan 9 at home with Knox Central. Knox beat the Lady Owls a few weeks ago in Barbourville by 2 in a game Owsley led by 16 at one time. Knox is 10-3 and have only lost once in Kentucky, a 5 point setback at Bell. They have a win over South Laurel in London. Owsley is 8-3. Knox has one of the best players in the state imo in sophomore Halle Collins. 5’9 versatile player averaging a double-double.
(01-07-2023, 02:12 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Nobody scared of the big bad Eagles.  They play one tuff opponent once a month.  Whose next, OBI?
What? Did someone say people were scared of them? I’m confused

(01-07-2023, 02:16 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Which player quit for Perry?
Also 4 of the last 5 teams they have played have been really good teams. You may wanna take another look at Leslie’s schedule.
Doesn’t take a lot to confuse a Leslie fan.
(01-10-2023, 08:12 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Doesn’t take a lot to confuse a Leslie fan.
Wow that’s a crushing comeback, how will I recover? ??
Glad you finally responded Mountainballer, guess they finally got the internet back up and running in Leslie County.
Estill picked up a big district win over Powell last night. 49-45.
Perry came to Estill once this season Dec. 13th. Scoreboard shows Perry coming to Estill again at seasons end.

Correct? No game? At Perry?
Not sure Strikeout King. If it’s on the schedule I’d say they will play.
(01-14-2023, 07:05 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Not sure Strikeout King.  If it’s on the schedule I’d say they will play.

In Irvine? Twice in one season? I’d figure it’d be home and home.
Leslie scheduling must be working
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eaglemania's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Another big Class A win baby!!!!!
(01-14-2023, 03:58 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Glad you finally responded Mountainballer, guess they finally got the internet back up and running in Leslie County.
Yep, internet is back up and working. They even threw in an all a region championship when they got it working again

(01-14-2023, 10:57 PM)Eaglemania Wrote: Leslie scheduling must be working
Some people will always find a reason to  criticize.
(01-14-2023, 03:58 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Glad you finally responded Mountainballer, guess they finally got the internet back up and running in Leslie County.
Your middle school humor if so funny. You must be proud
Congratulations Eagles on winning the All A.