Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Great Leaders... For Kentucky AND for the Nation
Building Bridges together...    Heart

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlpvFTnWAAgp...me=900x900]
(01-05-2023, 02:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Building Bridges together...    Heart

^^^This is what brainwashed, aka low information voters, aka dumb people think.
Smart people see two international criminals who got rich off the taxpayer dime and have bankrupted the country, trying to make stupid people think they gave us a bridge (with our own money + fake printed deficit money that is worth less every single day.) Evil, made possible by dumb people.
(01-05-2023, 02:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Building Bridges together...    Heart

This here is what can happen when people with different views come together and decide to build bridges instead of walls, to be cooperative instead  of caustic , to show respect instead of contempt.

There are those on this valued website , believe it or not , ladies and gentlemen,  who condemn  bipartisianship, cooperation , even civility. Instead, they would rather us be at each other's throats, insult one another, and spew hateful words at those we disagree with. That is not American exceptionalism, folks. It insecurity. America's survival depends on us working together to solve problems and leave the world a better place for those who come after us.  Building bridges... not walls. It's a good start , Mr. President and Senator McConnell. Let's keep ---  Building. Back. Better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Gitback Coach
LOL everything I said is true and everyone who is able to think for themselves knows it. I'm sure since you are all for bipartisanship all of the sudden and acknowledge Mitch got us this bridge (lol) you will be voting for him next time? Butthead voice Huh huh *dumb people* Uh huh huh huh...

Your sports and music knowledge is in the 99th percentile though, utmost respect...
(01-05-2023, 03:50 AM)jetpilot Wrote: LOL everything I said is true and everyone who is able to think for themselves knows it. I'm sure since you are all for bipartisanship all of the sudden and acknowledge Mitch got us this bridge (lol) you will be voting for him next time? Butthead voice Huh huh *dumb people* Uh huh huh huh...

Your sports and music knowledge is in the 99th percentile though, utmost respect...

LOL 

Gotta keep you guessing when my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek.  Channeling by inner Aristophenes.
I'm channeling my inner De Tocqueviille.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money”

-Alexis De Tocqueville
Yall are fools if you ever think this bridge is actually going to get built.
(01-06-2023, 09:12 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Yall are fools if you ever think this bridge is actually going to get built.
I don’t think anyone said they believed the bridge would ever be built lol.
Did the politicians even bother to give a timeframe on the work and when the bridge would be completed?
(01-05-2023, 04:15 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm channeling my inner De Tocqueviille.

>  
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money

-Alexis De Tocqueville

>  “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." ------Alexander Fraser Tyler Reportedly an obscure Scotsman who lived October 1745 to January 1813

>  "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."   ----Benjamin Franklin
--------------------------------------------------------

So to the point. Given the conspicuous absence of any mention of the United States as being any kind of a major player in any of the Biblical accounts of the end times. (Which I believe we find ourselves in the midst of as I type this) And given from the traditional view; the free fall of our society (ala the three quotes above) away from anything remotely recognizable from the perspectives of the founders of this land; I would say the relevance of the viewpoints of Alexis, Alexander and Benjamin are rather profoundly applicable in our time.

But other than the passing of our once great nation from the annals of history, the biblical account of the prophet Daniel is what makes the events of our day so jaw-dropping and attention grabbing.

The account---- The Book of Daniel opens in the time following the abduction of the Jewish people by Babylon. God uses Daniel to reveal Himself as sovereign in the affairs of men AND the secret of a dream King Nebuchadnezzar had which "troubled him greatly." In the dream God shows the king a great statue. Part of Daniel's interpretation of the dream as revealed to him by God, is the anatomy of statue, which shows the four great empires that flourish across time. The interpretation of the features comprise a complete timetable, or history of man. The four bodily features, head, breast, belly/thighs, and finally legs and feet--- Babylonia, Medo-Persian, Greecian, and the Roman Empires. (Some of the descendants of which happened to be our country's founding fathers.)

As for the King's thoughts, his ( Nebuchadnezzar's) Empire was so vast and complex, it made even him wonder what would be the end result of his work, and how history would ultimately culminate. Hence the vision or dream showed to him by God. But Daniel like Nebuchadnezzar, wondered what would be the end of it all as that related to God's chosen people the Jew. Daniel was used to answer the king's question. And in the verses that follow, we see that it was the Archangel Michael who answers Daniel's question in a face to face conversation.

Daniel chap 1
1  “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.
2 Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.
3 Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
4 But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.”

God, as demonstrated above, manages man's history. In the biblical account of the Tower of Babel, God chose to allow us to see one of the ways though which He manages man's progress through the ages to meet His own timetable. A timetable which is also demonstrated by the statue in the vision of Nebuchadnezzar. In the statue's orderly revelations of the kingdoms to come, the Lord reveals how He brings about His own intentions across time for man. In the case of the events at Babel, He had to pump the brakes on man's collaborative progress. So it was at the completion of the Tower of Babel that God confounded man's language, which act had the affect of dispersing the people into the various groups which today are the nations of the earth. As each of those groups were comprised of them who spoke the same language. Thusly separated from each other into the nations,  that ended for the most part the cooperative success as demonstrated at Babel and as laid out in Genesis 11.

Genesis chap 11

6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

So once again the peoples of the world find themselves in the midst of a 'spirit of cooperation' we call globalization, which as I have said, leads directly into the age of the one world governmental rule of Antichrist. But all this process of globalization really does is to restore mankind back to a former time when they were all of the same race and spoke the same language. At the Tower of Babel God was not ready for men to 'cooperate' in such a manner because as we have seen; during mankind's united cooperative efforts Trib, it will only take about 3 and a half years for the wheels to come completely off of life here on earth.

As today's mad rush towards globalization clearly demonstrates, humanity once again stands at the crossroads of cooperation. And what with what would appear to be an explosion of knowledge increase, and with nothing now remaining by way of God's timetable, nothing now stands in the way of the ushering in of the one world government.

and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Great stuff as always TRT.