Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Madison Central 74 North Laurel 58
Surprised at the final score. 

https://www.sentinel-echo.com/sports/jag...ium=social
Losses continue to pile up for the team anchored by a McDonald's AA  and big stud transfer from Knox County. Playing more like a McDonalds Double Cheesburger.
MC would beat Corbin by 35
13th is the weakest in the state. North steps out of it they get smacked.
(02-05-2023, 09:37 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: MC would beat Corbin by 35
A less talented Corbin team beat basically the same MC team by 11 points last season. Try again, Dukie.
North will go to Corbin on the 17th and beat the hounds by double digits. It is fun to talk smack on the internet though.
(02-05-2023, 09:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
A less talented Corbin team beat basically the same MC team by 11 points last season. Try again, Dukie.

Yea your clueless Jayden Davis isn’t the same player he was last year, he made a big improvement in the offseason so your comment is irrelevant to anything haha
(02-05-2023, 11:22 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 09:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Yea your clueless Jayden Davis isn’t the same player he was last year, he made a big improvement in the offseason so your comment is irrelevant to anything haha

You don't know anything about JAYLEN Davis.  You don't even know his name.  You are clueless.  JAYLEN has always be an excellent player you just haven't bothered watching you got your head somewhere else.  He has been one of MC best players since he was a freshman.

Ha ha..  Corbin's much better than last season. They would play MC tough. Like I said, beat them by double digits a year ago.

(02-05-2023, 10:38 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: North will go to Corbin on the 17th and beat the hounds by double digits.  It is fun to talk smack on the internet though.

They may and they may not. It was a six point game at Corbin last season.   Pietrowski will have them ready to dunk all over the heads of the Golden Boy and the former Panther down low who will be playing football for the Hounds next season.

Serious question--- how many Sweet 16 wins have the Golden One and his kinfolk had during their tenure as Jaguars?  Talk about a bust!!! They've gone from talks of a dynasty to "please, just win one game on the big stage! "  LOL
(02-05-2023, 11:31 PM)predict_proba Wrote:

You don't know anything about JAYLEN Davis.  You don't even know his name.  You are clueless.  JAYLEN has always be an excellent player you just haven't bothered watching you got your head somewhere else.  He has been one of MC best players since he was a freshman.

He wasn’t this good last year watched him play on several different occasions last year, I never said he was was a bad player I just said he made big improvement during the offseason probably top 3 players in the state, not really understanding what your saying not bothered watching and have my head some where else when I just praised the kid for making a jump from the offseason that has put him at one of the top players in the state, y’all just probably need to worry about trying to figure out how to beat coach Davis before you worry about anything else ha
A bit surprised by the margin but not surprised by the result.

Feldhaus is a great coach. I'd imagine that his record in games where his team takes 25+ threes and still shoots over 45% on those is pretty outstanding.

Madison Central only had five players score-- tells me that they might not be very deep, but I don't know that this is something North Laurel was necessarily able to exploit. Their record may not be sterling, but there are plenty of respectable losses. They're usually capable of winning a game or two in the regional tournament even in their down years, and I don't think that this season will be any different.

As for North Laurel, the box score shows that Sheppard had twelve points and no free throw attempts. Chadwell had two rebounds and Davidson six. Wondering if some of these below average numbers were the result of a great game plan, an off night, foul trouble, or some combination of those.

Regardless of how it played out, I don't think this result does anything to change the Jaguars' status as the heavy favorite in the 13th. In hindsight, their schedule might have been too ambitious, especially given injuries, and it has probably damaged their psyche as well as how they are viewed compared to the state's top 25 teams, but I don't see anything that makes me think that a postseason loss anywhere but Rupp would be considered anything other than a huge upset.