Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strength of Schedule
This is the time of year when you will see the teams that play a respectable schedule rise to the top.  Teams that played a soft schedule will begin to suffer and show their true self.  I am a huge fan of tough schedule to prepare for the post season.  Teams that play an easy schedule will be exposed in the next few weeks.  JMO
(02-09-2023, 12:18 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: This is the time of year when you will see the teams that play a respectable schedule rise to the top.  Teams that played a soft schedule will begin to suffer and show their true self.  I am a huge fan of tough schedule to prepare for the post season.  Teams that play an easy schedule will be exposed in the next few weeks.  JMO

You need a balance, if your kids get beat down day in and day out because you played too tough of a schedule then your kids could quit.
Letcher has played the toughest schedule of anyone in the 14th

Breathitt is 2nd but have only played 20 games thanks to the “do nothing sit on our hands”administration.

Perry would be 3rd all though it is pretty weak

Hazards schedule is a joke. Haven’t played any competition outside the region.
(02-09-2023, 01:34 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 12:18 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: This is the time of year when you will see the teams that play a respectable schedule rise to the top.  Teams that played a soft schedule will begin to suffer and show their true self.  I am a huge fan of tough schedule to prepare for the post season.  Teams that play an easy schedule will be exposed in the next few weeks.  JMO

You need a balance, if your kids get beat down day in and day out because you played too tough of a schedule then your kids could quit.
I agree with that.  Mainly talking about the teams that have a good roster and play weaker schedules so they can show a winning record.  This part of the year is when they will be forced to play good competition.  Coaches hurt their teams by scheduling like this.  It is a false sense of good.  What they thought was a good season ends on a bad note when they square off against a team that can compete.
Night Train, nobody will play Breathitt. That’s why they can’t get any games. People simply just scared of them.
(02-10-2023, 01:20 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Night Train, nobody will play Breathitt.  That’s why they can’t get any games.  People simply just scared of them.
I’m sure you’re being sarcastic.
I don’t think anyone scared to play Breathitt, however we have had 4 home games canceled by the opponent this year. Not really sure what the deal is but the AD/Coach has done a lousy job of adding games home or away.
Was kinda being sarcastic but in reality it’s probably true. Nobody within an hour wants to play them.
Yeh Letcher has the roughest schedule, and it’s not even close. 4 top 25 teams. All on the road plus Pikeville / Perry / Boyd home & home Breathitt on road Hazard on road and tried to play others at home in the 14th or on road and couldn’t due to them not playing. Harlan Co & Highest Gold bracket in the Gatlinburg 
Strength of schedule - easily LCC he plays everyone with a team that isn’t as talented as everyone