Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
CORBIN vs NORTH LAUREL : An In-Depth Preview
(02-20-2023, 03:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 10:42 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Pietrowski has one more game in which he played a kid that'd just been arrested for stealing DVDs from Wal-Mart than Nate Valentine.

He also has one more recruit who turned out to be a strip club bouncer instead of a D1 player than Valentine does.

What's wrong with being a strip club bouncer?   How many times did he bounce you  , Dude Love ?
I know y’all just kidding about stealing DVD’s and strip club bouncers because we all know that don’t go around these parts. Who was that mask man? Hi O Silver was it?
(02-21-2023, 03:33 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 03:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-19-2023, 10:42 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Pietrowski has one more game in which he played a kid that'd just been arrested for stealing DVDs from Wal-Mart than Nate Valentine.

He also has one more recruit who turned out to be a strip club bouncer instead of a D1 player than Valentine does.

What's wrong with being a strip club bouncer?   How many times did he bounce you  , Dude Love ?

Whose dream is growing up to be a strip club bouncer?

That was my dream, thank you very much.  But when I was in my twenties , I weighed 133 pounds. So my dream got crushed.  LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-18-2023, 02:25 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Very poor performance from the Hounds tonight, especially offensively. They rushed shots all night long. They were clearly overanxious. They closed to within two points near the end of the first half. After capturing the momentum they gave it right back , allowing North to close the half on a 7-1 run.  Corbin can struggle shooting the ball.  And when they  are impatient in their offense , like tonight, their shooting is even worse.  I haven't seen shooting that bad since Alec Baldwin went gangsta' on the set of that movie.  

As for the McDouble cheese All-American, he had a nice game, as expected. Tony usually game plans to try to shut down everyone around him and hope his team can outscore the Golden Calf. I thought Corbin did a pretty good job defensively , limiting some of North's other options . However, Brock really stepped up and shot the ball well tonight. 

North is obviously the best team in the 13th and should win easily but , in the minds of some , Shep's legacy(and maybe Valentine's future employment) will be determined by what happens in the big Arena--not the one in Corbin-- but the one in Lexington.  Ever since they laid him in a manger and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, he has led his team to exactly zero wins on the Rupp hardwood. In fairness, that is probably less of an indictment of #3 than of his coach. If North makes another early exit in the Sweet 16, it will be interesting to see if the folks in North London run Coach Val out of town on a rail. I'm sure he has caught plenty of hell from fans and , especially, parents over the last few years for failing to lead their youngsters to the Promised Land.

It's always fun seeing an All-American perform in the gym you played in as a kid. I hope the young man has a college career that rivals the college career of another area basketball legend that was born in Corbin but made a name for himself in Manchester-- Richard Dwight Farmer. I'm pretty sure of two things. First,  #3 likely won't have his jersey hanging from the rafters of Rupp like #32(although I'd love to see it happen). Second, he'll probably never have to trade in his jersey #  or  number like 16226-032 .  lol
bBest of luck to Reed. He's been fun to watch.

Give Coach Valentine a break, North was beaten by a better team last year.  He was also born and raised in Corbin.
(02-21-2023, 11:59 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 02:25 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Very poor performance from the Hounds tonight, especially offensively. They rushed shots all night long. They were clearly overanxious. They closed to within two points near the end of the first half. After capturing the momentum they gave it right back , allowing North to close the half on a 7-1 run.  Corbin can struggle shooting the ball.  And when they  are impatient in their offense , like tonight, their shooting is even worse.  I haven't seen shooting that bad since Alec Baldwin went gangsta' on the set of that movie.  

As for the McDouble cheese All-American, he had a nice game, as expected. Tony usually game plans to try to shut down everyone around him and hope his team can outscore the Golden Calf. I thought Corbin did a pretty good job defensively , limiting some of North's other options . However, Brock really stepped up and shot the ball well tonight. 

North is obviously the best team in the 13th and should win easily but , in the minds of some , Shep's legacy(and maybe Valentine's future employment) will be determined by what happens in the big Arena--not the one in Corbin-- but the one in Lexington.  Ever since they laid him in a manger and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, he has led his team to exactly zero wins on the Rupp hardwood. In fairness, that is probably less of an indictment of #3 than of his coach. If North makes another early exit in the Sweet 16, it will be interesting to see if the folks in North London run Coach Val out of town on a rail. I'm sure he has caught plenty of hell from fans and , especially, parents over the last few years for failing to lead their youngsters to the Promised Land.

It's always fun seeing an All-American perform in the gym you played in as a kid. I hope the young man has a college career that rivals the college career of another area basketball legend that was born in Corbin but made a name for himself in Manchester-- Richard Dwight Farmer. I'm pretty sure of two things. First,  #3 likely won't have his jersey hanging from the rafters of Rupp like #32(although I'd love to see it happen). Second, he'll probably never have to trade in his jersey #  or  number like 16226-032 .  lol

Give Coach Valentine a break, North was beaten by a better team last year.  He was also born and raised in Corbin.

Yeah, and I'm sure he's had to put up with a lot of rancor from fans and from moms and dads who had expectations of  state championships. It's good having a kid like Reed playing for you but it makes for very high expectations(maybe unrealistically high).  I didn't know he grew up here. Do you know about how old coach Valentine is?
(02-22-2023, 03:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-21-2023, 11:59 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

Yeah, and I'm sure he's had to put up with a lot of rancor from fans and from moms and dads who had expectations of  state championships. It's good having a kid like Reed playing for you but it makes for very high expectations(maybe unrealistically high).  I didn't know he grew up here. Do you know about how old coach Valentine is?

Coach Valentine had a loaded roster at LCA his last two years that consisted of a college roster with two very good D1 players (NFL and Liberty) and did nothing.  They were happy he took the NL job. Would not be surprised if the NL job is open next year. Could see him going back to Transy as an assistant.