Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region draw
Perry Powell
LCC Wolfe 

Hazard Estill
Knott Breathitt 

I feel Breathitt got the worst draw possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tailback44's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(02-25-2023, 01:32 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Perry Powell
LCC Wolfe 

Hazard Estill
Knott Breathitt 

I feel Breathitt got the worst draw possible.

I think Perry got the best draw.
Worse draw for Breathitt would of been perry first round, letcher second round, and hazard in the championship. IMO. Perry and Letcher both have to be happy with their draws.
Of course breathitts going to say worse draw possible… lol. I think they got a good draw. At least they get to play two games.
2 games? I like my Bobcats but they absolutely cannot look past the first game. KCC is by far the most improved team in the 14th. They did get a pretty rough draw. As a winner, they couldn’t have really got a good draw. You had Perry, Knott, or Estill first game. Easiest would have been Estill I feel. I still like their chances though. 3 to go, Go Bobcats!!!
(02-25-2023, 02:24 PM)griffman Wrote: 2 games? I like my Bobcats but they absolutely cannot look past the first game. KCC is by far the most improved team in the 14th. They did get a pretty rough draw. As a winner, they couldn’t have really got a good draw. You had Perry, Knott, or Estill first game. Easiest would have been Estill I feel. I still like their chances though. 3 to go, Go Bobcats!!!
I feel like whomever drew PCC or Hazard got the worst draw. IMO. Breathitt is a tough team. KCC is most improved team, but I don’t think they have anything for the bobcats.
Best 4 teams in region are favored to make semis. Don’t think there is a big separation in those top 4 teams. As a 14th region basketball fan can’t ask for much more than that. Whatever the match up was gonna be for those 4 teams they were gonna have to be beat a tough quality opponent in the semis. Championship game no matter the match up should be a classic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stone Jack Baller's post:
  • Bluecat
IMO. Hazard comes out of the 14th region. I’ll be very very shocked if they aren’t the ones hoisting the trophy.
I’ll just tell yen’s.. Powell will upset PCC. I’d bet my favrite fighting hen on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PopKorn's post:
  • Mountain Monster
(02-25-2023, 08:03 PM)PopKorn Wrote: I’ll just tell yen’s.. Powell will upset PCC. I’d bet my favrite fighting hen on it.
Did they get some recruits in at the last minute idk about? I mean that’s a bold prediction after hazard has beat them close to 40 and 20 the second game and Perry playing with hazard all 3 games when Perry didn’t play well at all in the 2 regular season games and then district play well but calls wasn’t for them( Perry plays zone 24 fouls and hazard plays man 13 fouls) give me a break..the only first round that will be a game is breathitt and Knott!
Powell could not upset a bottle of pop….

Breathitt will flat out embarrass Knott County.
You heard it here first. Powell upsets PeeCC.
Looks like it will shape up to be what everyone wants to see and when all said and done only one team will be standing and prove once and for all which team is for real this season. Because all the other stuff all season is just static!
(02-26-2023, 03:07 AM)PopKorn Wrote: You heard it here first. Powell upsets PeeCC.
NOPE not even if PCC brings JV only. Sorry not even a former AD  and Coach  have enough money to buy this one from PCC. True PCC fans will know what I’m talking about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Justagoodoleboy's post:
  • killerb
Interesting draw

Knott can pull it off vs Breathitt
If they can score enough to get it done
Haddix and Drake hang 20+ each they are hard to deal with

PCC will beat Powell to much talent knight day healthy Rydge no shot

Breathitt vs Hazard will be interesting for the 2nd time around first one wasn’t a game but that didn’t the same Breathitt team

Wolfe will have to get a ton from Sawyer idk if LCC has the guards to contain him or the want to it will take

LCC is the dangerous draw for anyone if they can put 3 in a row together a lot depends on Adams if he acts like he did at PCC 2nd game they are going home fast he is to soft

Woods is a big factor for PCC if they are not jealous and let him loose they can take it home as well

Breathitt is the key to it all with there talent if they decide to play everyone else may as well not come
Breathitt will absolutely destroy Knott.
88-58. Big Country Hoskins uses his muscle in this one.

Hazard will beat the snot out of Estill.
73-44. Smith with as many points and boards as he wants.

Perry shoots the cannons through the Pirate Ships very quickly. 84-57. Woods may have 30 point night.

Letcher with total domination.
75-47
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Does that mean Perry can’t play with Breathitt also? Because Knott led Perry by something like 14 in 4th recently I believe. Knott shouldn’t beT them but when you deal with a group of teenagers anything can happen
It's time for Breathitt to either go hard, or go home! If Collins continues to play like a man, and Bellamy continues to knock down shots, the Bobcats are going to be a tough out. Breathitt can't look past Knott, because Knott may be the most improved team in the region. Until someone knocks Perry off, they still are the champs, and Hazard no doubt is the favorite going in. Letcher can beat anyone, but anything can happen, especially with is being played at Perry Central. I guess we shall wait and see. It should be a competitive tournament.
Hope to see the Bobcats hosting the trophy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Tailback44
Breathitt has the most talent
Hazard has the best “team”
Perry has talent & home court advantage
Letcher is the sleeper
Knott has improved tremendously so they would be my sleepier sleeper

Should be a good tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackAndYellow's post:
  • Cat Daddy
Powell can beat PCC
Wolfe can beat LCC
Estill can beat Hazard
Breathitt beats Knott
Ain’t no way PCC or Hazard loses. Wolfe/Letcher could possibly be a good game if Thompson drops 40 but it’s untellin. Knott could probably beat Breathitt but I don’t see it happenin.
Powell upsets PCC, and Wolfe wins in OT. Mark it down
[-] The following 1 user Likes PopKorn's post:
  • Wolfeman
Post Season always comes down to a few things lining up for the team that wins the championship. The team that can put together a three game run with most of the following will be the champions. That includes playing together as a team, sacrificing personal wants and goals, and as always getting a lucky bounce here and there and a call or TEN from officials goes their way, not turning the ball over , and most importantly out rebounding your opponent on both ends of the floor. I think it’s going to be one of the funnest tourneys to watch in a few years just because several teams are equally matched but play completely different styles of basketball. And several underdogs are capable of an upset.
(03-01-2023, 07:13 PM)PopKorn Wrote: Powell upsets PCC, and Wolfe wins in OT. Mark it down
I’d love to see that, but it ain’t happening
When did Rick Pitino start coaching at Purry Co? What a press.
There’s a big hole in the middle for Wolfe county. Thompson is a great player but for whatever reason takes too many bad shots. They should have kept the big man happy, or at least his papaw and given him more touches. As bad as I hate to say it, Wolfe Will probably lose by 20. They have a lot of young talent and in the next few years, should be very competitive.

Maybe the Breathitt boys have finally learned that talent alone won’t get you very far. To be a good team you also need to actually try a little defense and have some team chemistry. The Bobcats have the players to blow every team out in the region, but if they revert back to there old ways, they’ll be the ones on the wrong end of a lopsided scoreboard.
Hazard has to be the favorite to win it all. They have 4 player’s scoring in double figures and their consistent play is obvious as they haven’t lost a game since January. Just my opinion, but they also benefit from having the best coaching staff by far in the region.
That being said, my gut tells me the Bobcat Boys put it all together and knocks the Bulldogs off on their way to winning the regional title. But, Hazards one heck of a team so I’m probably wrong. ?
I’ve been watching basketball a long time and that’s the worst quarter I’ve ever saw in a regional tourney game in the 2nd quarter of the Powell and Perry game. Powell got outscored 33-1. And they took 1 timeout the entire time. SMH
(03-01-2023, 09:18 PM)Wolfeman Wrote: There’s a big hole in the middle for Wolfe county. Thompson is a great player but for whatever reason takes too many bad shots. They should have kept the big man happy, or at least his papaw and given him more touches. As bad as I hate to say it, Wolfe Will probably lose by 20. They have a lot of young talent and in the next few years, should be very competitive.

Maybe the Breathitt boys have finally learned that talent alone won’t get you very far. To be a good team you also need to actually try a little defense and have some team chemistry. The Bobcats have the players to blow every team out in the region, but if they revert back to there old ways, they’ll be the ones on the wrong end of a lopsided scoreboard.
Hazard has to be the favorite to win it all. They have 4 player’s scoring in double figures and their consistent play is obvious as they haven’t lost a game since January. Just my opinion, but they also benefit from having the best coaching staff by far in the region.
That being said, my gut tells me the Bobcat Boys put it all together and knocks the Bulldogs off on their way to winning the regional title. But, Hazards one heck of a team so I’m probably wrong. ?

Nawww.. Skyler and his Papaw can go loose somewhere else.
(03-01-2023, 09:18 PM)Wolfeman Wrote: There’s a big hole in the middle for Wolfe county. Thompson is a great player but for whatever reason takes too many bad shots. They should have kept the big man happy, or at least his papaw and given him more touches. As bad as I hate to say it, Wolfe Will probably lose by 20. They have a lot of young talent and in the next few years, should be very competitive.

Nawww.. Skyler and his Papaw can go loose somewhere else.