Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America Need a National Divorce or Just "Marriage Counseling" ???
(03-02-2023, 09:22 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 09:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: OSH posts idiotic videos of RINOs coddling Dems, I'm waiting for him to post the FIRST video of any Dem agreeing with conservatives in the last 10 years. He will never do it. His arguments are transparent and false and low IQ

He's the consummate troll. The day will come when everything in this land that provides the comforts of life will be washed away. At that point it would be interesting to see if he still finds it all so entertaining and takes such delight in cheering it all on.

He will never see it coming or know what hit him. Then he will blame it all on conservatives. This is what dumb liberal white people are doing to this country every day of their lives.
I loved President Clinton's speech at dedication of the George W. Bush library. I watch clips like this to remember "The Way We Were." So long ago, it seems. Can you imagine Trump or Desantis speaking at the dedication of the Obama library? I can't.

Joe Biden honoring his friend and colleague, Bobe Dole, at his funeral . Biden saying we should see each other as neighbors and colleagues, not as enemies. Sadly, I think that time has passed.

^^ That time has passed indeed. As former Dems Ronald Reagan, Donald J Trump, Tulsi Gabbard and Jeff Van Drew can attest, it wasn't them leaving the Democrat Party; the Democrat Party left them. Truly sad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • jetpilot

KY would be insane to divorce the United States.   

Marjorie is beyond crazy.
Hopefully, the alien invasion will not happen until after a new president is elected in 2025.

[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d...BabylonBee]
(03-05-2023, 02:45 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

KY would be insane to divorce the United States.   

Marjorie is beyond crazy.

Could you imagine her as VP?  Trump is a heart attack waiting to happen when considering his diet, weight and lack of exercise, which means his VP is likely to finish his term if he were to some how get elected.   If Trump picks her, she might cost him the election the way Palin did McCain.  Like you said, she is beyond crazy.
Quit talking to yourself
Let me interrupt this thread with this important announcement--- In a new Morning Consult poll, Donald Trump has widened his lead to a whopping 25 points over Ronald DeSanctus(Trump's term, not mine). Trump polled 53% and DeSantis 28% among likely GOP voters. This comes even as Desantis is traveling the country promoting his memoir book.

March on, Donald!!!

Is there any doubt our country is irretrievably B R O K E N ????
I don't think that Ron Paul ever lost an online poll. Online polls are worthless, except for getting the politically naive excited.

All the evidence that this country is broken that one needs is to look at who occupies the White House and how many idiots voted for him. Besides obviously suffering from dementia, Joe Biden has a tough time walking up the steps to board AF-1. If he were elected to a second term, he would need to have the presidential plan refitted with a chair lift to prevent a potentially deadly fall.
^^ And who was it that oversaw the breakage? This country functioned as the apple of the world's eye until the liberal poison hit the national well spring of good will. I first noticed the left media's contempt oozing out from between every line during the Reagan Administration. But I know from history that liberals have always pushed for the compromising of our system of law.

Their first landmark victory against the citizens of this land as I am aware, was accomplished in 1948 -- "Board of Education, 333 U.S. 203 (1948), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case related to the power of a state to use its tax-supported public school system to aid religious instruction. The case was a test of the separation of church and state with respect to education."

Since that day court action after court action has seen the pillars of America's heritage fall one after the other. We will see in the near future I suppose, if I understand Scripture correctly, where the fundamental transformation articulated by the Obama administration will wind up taking us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-09-2023, 09:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I don't think that Ron Paul ever lost an online poll. Online polls are worthless, except for getting the politically naive excited.

All the evidence that this country is broken that one needs is to look at who occupies the White House and how many idiots voted for him. Besides obviously suffering from dementia, Joe Biden has a tough time walking up the steps to board AF-1. If he were elected to a second term, he would need to have the presidential plan refitted with a chair lift to prevent a potentially deadly fall.

You voted for the insurrectionist incitor, Trump, twice and you would vote for him a third time if he won your party's nomination. I believe that anyone who would vote for Trump a third time after what has gone down is  traitor to the country. Vote for Desantis, Pence, Haley , whomever else you like...fine. But vote for Trump and you are a traitor. That goes for Democrats, Republicans or Independents.
Accepting bribes is a high crime and misdemeanor. Joe Biden's influence peddling racket makes him a real traitor, who should have been impeached years ago. 

You are correct in your assertion that I would vote for Trump a third time over any likely Democrat candidate, including the traitor in the Whitehouse.

I hope that Republicans have the good sense not to nominate Trump, but I am certain that Democrats are perfectly willing and capable of electing a traitor to his second term.
There is an Old School Hound who lies
Whose record is diminutive in size
And to nobody's surprise
He voted for a traitor twice
And his reputation is still in demise
Back when left and right could have respectful disagreement and even consider on another as pretty much "family."

The chasms are so wide now and the animus so bitter that I fear our country's differences have become irreconcileable.

Former First Lady Barbara Bush considered Bill Clinton her fourth son. The Clinton's and Bush's had a special relationship. We won't see that again. It's Marjorie's crazy world now.

(03-10-2023, 08:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Back when left and right could have respectful disagreement and even consider on another as pretty much "family."

The chasms are so wide now and the animus so bitter that I fear our country's differences have become irreconcileable.

Former First Lady Barbara Bush considered Bill Clinton her fourth son. The Clinton's and Bush's had a special relationship. We won't see that again. It's Marjorie's crazy world now.

There once was an Old School Dog so bold,
Who held civility in high uphold,
But he was a hypocrite,
Bemoaning manners bit by bit,
For his bitter bark left hearts cold.

The loss of civility among politicians is just a reflection of the bitterness of voters who elect them to office. None are so rude as the current generation of Democrat voters. Trump has his share of obnoxious, angry supporters, but most Trump voters cast ballots against liberal policies that are destroying the social fabric of this nation.
Lindy Li
@lindyli
·
15h
We dislike Mitch McConnell but we wish him a speedy recovery

We despise Ted Cruz but we wished his daughter well

We loathe Steve Scalise but we cheered for his recovery

THIS is what separates us from the GOP

HUMANITY is what separates us from the “party of Christian values”
^^ Wrong. Humanity because of sin, is 'separated' from God.

Hardly the high hill of Lindi Li's imagination, it is the arrogance of humanity that really causes people to declare themselves good (or better) in God's sight anyway, as does Lindi Li. The One Who put us all here in the first place, did so that those who would; will choose to reconcile themselves to God through the gift of life through Jesus Christ.

Today's leaders as Hoot pointed out, display the actions and attitudes reflected of those who vote them into office-- society in other words. Our ills are systemic alright, but those ills are a reflection of "us."  Of late, the "us" of Lindi Li's reference have a despicable record of violence and destruction on their hands which they simply don't talk about, just as they do is the cases of myriad other inconveniences.

Christian values are of God, if you have an argument with the Church then your argument is actually with God. Much sooner than later, those who do have arguments with the sovereignty and the ways of God will have their day in court.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jetpilot
(03-11-2023, 12:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Lindy Li
@lindyli
·
15h
We dislike Mitch McConnell but we wish him a speedy recovery

We despise Ted Cruz but we wished his daughter well

We loathe Steve Scalise but we cheered for his recovery

THIS is what separates us from the GOP

HUMANITY is what separates us from the “party of Christian values”
I can't even begin to image how dumb someone would have to be to believe that for one second. In fact it's laughable. OSH your "arguments" aren't arguments at all, just mindlessly quoting ultra liberal "pundits" who have brainwashed you. A child could do better. I doubt you could talk anyone out of a burning building.
Some political friendships that transcended partisan party politics:

Bill Clinton & George H.W. Bush / George W. Bush ---This one became so close that it was borderline weird. Just goes to show that friendship and mutual respect can rise above divisive politics.

From The Wahington Post:

During the 1990s, President Bill Clinton clashed with his both his predecessor and the man who would replace him.
But during the 21st century, Clinton's relationship with the Bushes became decidedly more amicable, with all three former Presidents expressing newfound respect and admiration for each other. 
They've gotten so close that George W. now refers to Clinton as his "brother with a different mother," and his daughter Jenna calls Clinton "Uncle Bill."
Clinton and George H.W. Bush traveled together to help with relief efforts after a tsunami struck Southeast Asia and then later to the site of Hurricane Katrina, becoming fast friends along the way. 

President Joe Biden & Sen. John McCain

From  Business Insider ;   NBC

"My name's Joe Biden. I'm a Democrat. And I loved John McCain," Biden said at the beginning of his emotional eulogy of John McCain during his August memorial service. 
"We'd talk about family," Biden remembered of his friendship with McCain. "We'd talk about politics. We'd talk about international relations. We'd talk about promise — the promise of America."
While from different political parties, McCain and Biden held a famously close friendship over the decades they served in Congress together, and lasted when they ran on opposing presidential tickets in 2008. 
"Above all, we understood the same thing: All politics is personal," Biden said. "It's all about trust. I trusted John with my life, and I would, and I think he would trust me with his." 

John Boehner  and Barack O'Bama

From Business Insider; Cleveland.com ;   The Washington Post ; Vox

The former Democratic president and Republican house speaker from Ohio often clashed on policy — famously so when the 2011 "grand bargain" budget deal fell apart — but still maintained a respectful working relationship while Boehner was speaker. 
The two would famously discuss strategy and hash out disagreements in the Rose Garden outside the White House, during which Boehner would smoke cigarettes and Obama, a former smoker, would chew nicotine gum. 
Boehner even recalled having to "sneak in" into the White House to meet with Obama to avoid the press from "going crazy." 
"We were having a nice conversation and finally the president says, 'Boehner, man, I'm going to miss you," Boehner said of Obama's phone call to him after he retired as Speaker of the House in 2015.  
Boehner even made a cameo in a comedic video Obama showed at the 2016 White House Correspondents Dinner during which they joked around and watched "Toy Story."
"I understand him, he understands me, and while we had big disagreements, we were able to get an awful lot of things done, somehow. Don't ask me how," he added. 

[Image: https://i.insider.com/5b4778d6d87a8e1d00...&auto=webp]

I just want to say – you know – can we, can we all get along?     --- Rodney King
Going in, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell were not-so-closet never Trumpers. You can bet his treachery and efforts at sabotage did not go unnoticed by anyone with so much as two healthy brain cells.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jetpilot
Rodney King. LOL that dude had it all figured out. Geez OSH that's over the top, even for you lol,,,
Orrin Hatch and Ted Kennedy---

From NPR :

"I have to say that we became very dear friends. That doesn't mean we didn't fight each other. We fought each other like tooth and tongue but afterwards, we'd put our arms around each other and laugh about it," Hatch told NPR in 2009 after Kennedy's death.

"And we passed a lot of very important legislation together, and I will greatly miss him," he added.

Hatch recounted one instance where Kennedy tried to convince Hatch to agree with him on a provision of a bill by having his chief of staff "serenade" Hatch, a songwriter, with a song he had written.

Hatch also wrote a song dedicated to Kennedy, which he titled "Headed Home," when Kennedy was diagnosed with cancer.

I think there are a number of reasons for the incivility we see today between left and right.  Certainly, social media has exascerbated what was alread a deep, dark chasm between the two sides of the politicl spectrum. Those differences were reconcilable  few decades ago but what about in the 2020's?
Where once Americans all agreed on love of country, their civility for one another was a far easier matter. It's not so much about politics, Dems versus Republicans anymore, as it is the argument about diversity and racism. It was equality of opportunity which afforded Americans a better life than the other nations. Not race. 

The only thing on the minds of Dems is diversity and genderblencing. The riots and wholesale theft which now characterize daily life in the big cities, has caused chain stores like Walmart, of all things; to close down entire regional areas smitten by such anarchy. Will such soon be the norm everywhere across the land?   

“Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

The only question now is how long it will take for the US to bleed out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I seem to see a correlation between Trump becoming President and the Country tearing itself apart. As Trump, himself stated, he brings out the rage in people, on both sides of the aisle.
^^  “Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Aristotle died in 322 BC, probably at the age of 62. Since his death some 2,345 years ago, nothing in this world has changed except the technology. Because tolerance is still number one among those who do not accept the sovereignty of God where it comes to morals (or anything else)-- and apathy is still a very close second.

AFTR, trying to put Trump's face on everything you don't like does not take a lot of talent. But do keep posting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The moderates in each party , fior the most part, have liked and respected each other in recent history and been able to find enough common ground to get some things accomplished.  Its the extremists, especially nut jobs like Gaetz, Boebert, Greene, and Gosar, who have zero desire to put differences and personal agengas aside, find  common ground, and get work done that is beneficial to all of us.  RWR and Tip did it , Obama & Boehner did it, Clinton & Newt did it. Even McConnell and Biden have done it.

"I don't always agree with him(Joe Biden), but I do trust him implicitly. He doesn't break his word.  He doesn't waste time telling me why I'm wrong. He gets down to brass tacks and keeps sight of the stakes."

--- Mitch McConnell (Speaking from the Senate floor in 2016)
Bill Maher with a St. Patrick's Day message for America on the topic of a national divorce.  You agree with Maher?

While 94% of Americans are now supportive of interracial marriage(I doubt the number is actually that high) ,  interparty marriage is another thing altogether.

According to The Atlantic ,   60% of Democrats and 63% of Republicans would NOT be okay with their child marrying someone who supported the opposite political party.

Republicans, would you be okay with your son or daughter marrying someone who was a supporter of Democrat Party politics?

Democrats,  same question.  What about you?
I married a democrat. I would estimate that 95% of the time, we voted the same way.

Politics and politicians are a disaster. Few are fighting for their constituents; most are only interested in increasing their profile, wealth and attention; personal gain as opposed to representation of the people.

My best friend is also a democrat. We oftentimes discuss our different perspectives. She has changed my opinions sometimes, and sometimes she has changed her's. But about half the time, neither of us have changed our minds. That's okay. She's an intelligent, active and trustworthy individual and I respect the views that she has even if I don't agree with them.

It all boils down to individual perspectives. She considers me a conservative; my daughter (who would make Hoot look like a liberal) thinks I'm a liberal. I think of myself as a moderate leaning toward the conservative side. But at the end of the day, what do these opinions change? Nothing.