Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pineville vs South Laurel 03/01/23 ( 1st Round )
South Laurel 23-8
Pineville 18-10
Pineville welcome to the big 8 in the arena and Coach Davis defense. Look for Coach Davis to turn is Cardinals loose for this game.

South Laurel 76
Pineville 40
I predict Jeff Davis will b#tch and moan about the two calls that don't go his way in this one.
Over/under 45pts Pineville
(02-26-2023, 04:47 PM)64SUR Wrote: Over/under 45pts Pineville

I'll say under.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR
South Laurel 36
Pineville 13

Halftime

South Laurel 70
Pineville 44

Final
(03-01-2023, 11:27 PM)64SUR Wrote:

South Laurel 70
Pineville 44

Final

Nice. Very nice.

64, what chance do you give South against North?
(03-02-2023, 12:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 11:27 PM)64SUR Wrote:

South Laurel 70
Pineville 44

Final

Nice. Very nice.

64, what chance do you give South against North?
Win, win for me. My son went to school at north Laurel. Coach Davis is my next door neighbor and friend. 50% chance
If South can punch back early and hang around until late in the game, it’s possible they can pull it off.

They can’t really match North’s talent, but they have a Senior heavy lineup and are well coached. A dangerous combination in the postseason.

I still think North wins the region, but loses to GRC or Mason Co first round.
(03-02-2023, 11:48 AM)InLaurelCo Wrote: If South can punch back early and hang around until late in the game, it’s possible they can pull it off.

They can’t really match North’s talent, but they have a Senior heavy lineup and are well coached. A dangerous combination in the postseason.

Yeah, I sense another disappointing end for Coach V and the Jag faithful.  1 , maybe(??) 2 regional titles but no S16 wins with all this gold-star talent.  Can't help but feel a lot of NL fans will feel V underachieved with all the talent he had.
(03-02-2023, 01:30 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 11:48 AM)InLaurelCo Wrote: If South can punch back early and hang around until late in the game, it’s possible they can pull it off.

Yeah, I sense another disappointing end for Coach V and the Jag faithful.  1 , maybe(??) 2 regional titles but no S16 wins with all this gold-star talent.  Can't help but feel a lot of NL fans will feel V underachieved with all the talent he had.

They have some kids coming up that look promising, but how often does any school produce a Burger Boy all star? If I’m a Jags fan, the minimum would be a Final Four appearance. to be fair, the 13th drew a tough seed
(03-02-2023, 03:11 PM)InLaurelCo Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 01:30 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

They have some kids coming up that look promising, but how often does any school produce a Burger Boy all star? If I’m a Jags fan, the minimum would be a Final Four appearance. to be fair, the 13th drew a tough seed
Yeah, Burger Boy, McDonald's, or whatever carnivorous burger All-Star you want to name, you have to tink Jag fans were thinking they'd see their beloved blue and green in the FF a couple of times, at least. I'm sure a lot of north Londoners are shackled with a sense of grotesque disappointment and underachievement. Methinks Coach Val will be their whipping boy, should there be another crestfallen end to their season.