Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Breathitt County 53 Hazard 51
Down goes Hazard.

Caught the end of WSGS. Sounds like I missed a wild one.
Wow
(03-04-2023, 09:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Wow

Could hardly hear the announcers due to all the crowd noise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • jetpilot
Great game from both teams tonight. I will go ahead and make my prediction as I did the beginning of the year. Breathitt County will win the 14th
Win when it matters
[-] The following 1 user Likes griffman's post:
  • Night Train
Be original griff..lol
HAHAHAHAHAHA congrats Breathitt
Great game but can't end the game on the FT line like that. Congrats to Breathitt.
Winning on free throw line ain't as bad as giving a time out without possesion of the ball
[-] The following 4 users Like Turnover's post:
  • BlackAndYellow, griffman, LOOKAYANNER, PopKorn
(03-04-2023, 11:19 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Great game but can't end the game on the FT line like that. Congrats to Breathitt.

I agree. U don’t call a foul on the other end when the kid was slapped across the arms, but then u have two refs call two different calls one a carry, the other a foul on the other end. But Breathitt made there free throws. Sperry got down hill all night. Breathitt didn’t shoot many 3s tonight either as I’ve seen them shoot.
It should be a dandy game Monday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(03-04-2023, 11:26 PM)Turnover Wrote: Winning on free throw line ain't as bad as giving a time out without possesion of the ball
Missed calls all night on both ends. Not saying anyone was cheated or favored. My biggest argument is if they don't call the foul on the previous possession, you don't call that one. And not taking anything away from how Breathitt played. They were the better team most of the night. Should have been an extra 4:00 to settle it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Perry has nobody that can guard Sperry. Collins will dunk all over the weak Night kid. Hoskins will have his way with the soft Perry boys. I will take Breathitt by 12. Go Bobcats. Bring it home boys.
This time out without possession junk is ridiculous. Bout as bad as Jackson City is gonna be next year..
Breathitt wins the 14th, do they remove the interim tag?
Kyle Moore has done a great job getting Breathitt to play as a team but has ZERO desire to be a basketball coach long term. He loves football and has a passion to return Breathitt to state championship status on the gridiron.
Not sure why everyone rushed the floor and acted like it was a state championship. Hope the team did not use all their energy against Hazard and lay an egg against PCC. It was a great win for the boys from Breathitt but they have not won anything yet. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing them win and happy, a lot of pent up hurt and energy. But keep it in perspective. Good luck Bobcats! Rooting for you from Charleston, WV.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

(03-05-2023, 01:09 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Not sure why everyone rushed the floor and acted like it was a state championship.  Hope the team did not use all their energy against Hazard and lay an egg against PCC.  It was a great win for the boys from Breathitt but they have not won anything yet.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing them win and happy, a lot of pent up hurt and energy.  But keep it in perspective.  Good luck Bobcats!  Rooting for you from Charleston, WV.
Was wondering the same.  Still hoping they win Monday.

Perry already beat Breathitt by 1 at Breathitt without Beverly. The Commodores are definitely the favorite Monday night at home. The Bobcats will have to get a lot more production out of their other three guards than they did the first meeting if they want to win this one.
You can't let a foul go that causes a turn over period.

Jackson City will embarrass Popkorn and the wolves next year
(03-05-2023, 01:27 PM)Turnover Wrote: You can't let a foul go that causes a turn over period.

Jackson City will embarrass Popkorn and the wolves next year
Pretty sure that happened on the possession before when two kids collapsed on Smith under the basket. Either way I think breathitt has the best team to possibly win a game at state. Good luck to them, but it will be hard to beat the dores on their home floor in this type of game.
Great game, I know a lot of Hazard fans are saying they got screwed on the last play but truth be told, they shouldn’t have had the ball. You can go back and watch the film and pause it when Big Al is calling time out. They have no possession of the ball. Both teams played a great game and was the funnest one I have watched all year.

Monday night should be a barn burner.
(03-04-2023, 11:26 PM)Turnover Wrote: Winning on free throw line ain't as bad as giving a time out without possesion of the ball

I agree he didn’t have possession of the ball, time out should not have been given. But I don’t think Mel fouled either and “if he did” it was nowhere near the foul Sperry did on Smith with both hands across him. The one ref that tried to call the carry on Collins then it was overturned by the other ref as a foul on Mel, I think wasn’t the right call either. I watched play back in slow motion and I don’t see Collins carrying the ball. I think it should have went into overtime because two game changing calls in my opinion that was both wrong. Should be an interesting game tomorrow. Breathitt is playing as a team now as opposed to earlier in the year. I’m taking Breathitt by 7.
(03-05-2023, 01:09 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Not sure why everyone rushed the floor and acted like it was a state championship.  Hope the team did not use all their energy against Hazard and lay an egg against PCC.  It was a great win for the boys from Breathitt but they have not won anything yet.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing them win and happy, a lot of pent up hurt and energy.  But keep it in perspective.  Good luck Bobcats!  Rooting for you from Charleston, WV.
Most these kids won’t play at the next level and as we know it’ll be almost impossible to win state. Let them enjoy it, that court rush will be a memory they’ll always have. My court storming opinion starts changing in the college level.
Awesome win Bobcats. I was worried going into the game as Kyle was going up against the Legend Hollan in such a meaningful game and a lot on the line. 1
More win than Rupp.
Went back and watched film and in fact hazard did have possession of the ball when the time out was given. Second, smith from hazard got hammered by not one but two players and there was no call which is ridiculous. Third, a carry was called and rightfully so because he did walk but a ref came from the other side of the court to overturn the carry call and call a foul that didn’t happen for breathitt to win the game. And even if the first foul isn’t called you simply can’t call the second foul and give breathitt the win. Let the game go into overtime and let the kids decide who wins. And as for Moore coaching next year, no way possible because breathitt loses everything and I don’t think Jackson city has anybody to replace them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hitter's post:
  • DukeBoy
Oh god please stop crying hitter. You did enough of that on the radio. Hazard got to see what it’s like to be on the other end for a change.
Never defeated, always cheated
[-] The following 2 users Like griffman's post:
  • clipperw, TheStickyBandit
The best team won the region. Maybe Big Al should have played Breathitt again instead of canceling the game. Hazard played one of the weakest schedules in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • griffman
Been hearing Shannon, rydge, and skyler will be suited in blue next year. Add sperry and Hamilton and Isaac Bellamy there may be a repeat next year in Jackson
Was some pretty bad calls Hitter. But it was Breathitts time. They have a really good team and will represent the region better than anyone else can or could have.
I can’t see Shannon coming to Breathitt, Breathitt won the region for the 1st time in 27 years with a Sr dominated team. Shannon is a regional favorite year in year out. Perry will reload, and be there again next year. Breathitt will look to hire whoever makes Sperry happy in hopes of getting him to stay. As far as Skylar goes who knows if he even wants to play basketball. He quit on his team 2 weeks before the district this season so who knows what he will do if anything.