Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 50 Pikeville 49 (15th Region Championship)
Final from the Appalachian Wireless Arena. 

The Bulldogs storm back from down 10 at the End of the 3rd to win it. 

Panthers end the year at 28-6. 

Congratulations to LC!
How good will LC be next season without Feltner? That girl was special, I don't know much about LC girls basketball but she has to be among the best to ever play girls basketball there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • #55PirateFan
I don’t think they will fall off as far some might think. She is really all they lose to my knowledge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • #55PirateFan
I think they return 4 of the 5
So the Pikeville, Belfry, Shelby Valley, refs, etc All Stars could not beat homegrown Lawrence County? Such a shame for the #1 Recruiter in the state Orem. Maybe we can get a few more in the off season and secure a state bid next year.

Congratulations to Feltner, the by far best player in that region and to her mother also who won one the right way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingCommodore's post:
  • Diogenes
(03-05-2023, 07:11 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: How good will LC be next season without Feltner? That girl was special, I don't know much about LC girls basketball but she has to be among the best to ever play girls basketball there.
Feltner is Miss Basketball in Kentucky in my opinion. Young lady is a fantastic basketball player. Congrats to LC.

(03-05-2023, 07:25 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: So the Pikeville, Belfry, Shelby Valley, refs, etc All Stars could not beat homegrown Lawrence County? Such a shame for the #1 Recruiter in the state Orem. Maybe we can get a few more in the off season and secure a state bid next year.

Congratulations to Feltner, the by far best player in that region and to her mother also who won one the right way.
Classless comment! Be happy your team won and let the nonsense go. SMH
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Westside
(03-05-2023, 07:25 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: So the Pikeville, Belfry, Shelby Valley, refs, etc All Stars could not beat homegrown Lawrence County? Such a shame for the #1 Recruiter in the state Orem. Maybe we can get a few more in the off season and secure a state bid next year.

You only show up when kids get lose.  Grow up.  
Homegrown? One starter from LC transferred from Paintsville mid season last year.  Sorry pal. I’m sure you get joy out of kids losing but man it’s time to move on with all the Pikeville trolling.  It’s old
[-] The following 2 users Like Grinch1's post:
  • #55PirateFan, jetpilot
That was one of the best games I've ever seen.  Too bad one of these teams had to lose.  They both left it all out on the floor.  Congrats Bulldogs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Grinch1, jetpilot
(03-05-2023, 08:29 PM)Westside Wrote: That was one of the best games I've ever seen.  Too bad one of these teams had to lose.  They both left it all out on the floor.  Congrats Bulldogs.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Heck of a ball game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Westside
Congrats to both teams on a great game. LC beat a really good team today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LCfootball's post:
  • #55PirateFan
When is the last time Pikeville lost to a 15th region team? Can’t imagine Orem has more than 5 losses to 15th region opponents in her time at Pikeville.
(03-05-2023, 10:24 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: When is the last time Pikeville lost to a 15th region team? Can’t imagine Orem has more than 5 losses to 15th region opponents in her time at Pikeville.

March 6th, 2021 at Floyd Central in a very similar game which Pikeville had a solid lead. It was a 38-game winning streak snapped today. Almost two years to the day.

2016-17: 14-7
2017-18: 15-6
2018-19: 19-4
2019-20: 18-3
2020-21: 19-2
2021-22: 16-0
2022-23: 16-1

So, 117-23 overall. 

51-3 over the last 3 years. 

88-10 over the last 5 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • #55PirateFan
Was this outcome considered a big upset?
If you’d told me Pikeville had a 10 point lead to end the 3rd quarter and lost I would’ve never believed you. Lawrence County’s role players were bigger than Pikeville’s today.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
The win snaps Pikeville’s 38-game winning streak vs. 15th teams dating back to March 2021. Pikeville was going for their 5th consecutive title.

Also Lawrence will still be pretty good. Their 8th grade team won my Girls OVC 8th grade conference tournament last October.

You are the biggest crying dbag in the history of this site. You buy summers eve by the truckload.
Congrats to Lawrence. Don't be intimidated by Sacred Heart at Rupp. You can pull the upset...
(03-05-2023, 08:00 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

You only show up when kids get lose.  Grow up.  
Homegrown? One starter from LC transferred from Paintsville mid season last year.  Sorry pal. I’m sure you get joy out of kids losing but man it’s time to move on with all the Pikeville trolling.  It’s old

He/she is an idiot. Congrats To Lawrence Co., will be rooting for you vs Sacred Heart.
Every word I typed was true. 100%. Suck it up jet pilot you are running on unleaded in your jet. Better get some real jet fuel if you are gonna win.
Congrats  Bulldogs.. I watched the last half of this game, They beat 8 not 5!  Terrible calls...   Congrats to my the Pats in the 14th.
The Feltners deserved this one. That Lawrence county team was on a mission all year. So happy for them. Pikeville will beat everyone literally by 50 next year so glad to see Lawrence win this one
Rowe and Feltner are best 2 players in the region in my opinion. Is this the first time Rowe has been on Pikeville’s roster they didn’t win region?
(03-07-2023, 01:55 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Rowe and Feltner are best 2 players in the region in my opinion. Is this the first time Rowe has been on Pikeville’s roster they didn’t win region?

Yes
So happy for the Lady Bulldogs! I'm always glad when schools that our in our Middle School conference which I have ran for 15+ years for the girls and 20+ for the boys make it to the state tournament.