Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Open Job Lexington Catholic
Would’ve liked to seen Buchanan at Bourbon. But heard he would only come back to the town of Paris only if Paris and Bourbon would combine. Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen anytime. Paris is dropping 6 million into a preschool building with just 4 or 5 room. That’s crazy lot of money for a building that small..
Any word on this opening?
Something is definitely not going right at this place. Interviews and offers went out, but no catch.
(04-17-2023, 12:34 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Something is definitely not going right at this place. Interviews and offers went out, but no catch.
Who do you know that was offered? Or even interviewed...
Im told its down to 3 candidates, all out of state coaches, but all three have had prior ties to KY HSFB. Honestly, any of the 3 would be great hires if the 3 names I heard are accurate.
(04-17-2023, 07:37 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Im told its down to 3 candidates, all out of state coaches, but all three have had prior ties to KY HSFB.  Honestly, any of the 3 would be great hires if the 3 names I heard are accurate.
You lie lol. Ok I heard one from Cincinnati school. Who or where are your source from?
I am hearing it is quickly turning into a mess at Catholic. I know that several players have moved to LCA and a couple to Douglass as well.
(04-18-2023, 11:41 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I am hearing it is quickly turning into a mess at Catholic. I know that several players have moved to LCA and a couple to Douglass as well.
What have you heard about the hiring and who are these players on the move?
(04-18-2023, 11:49 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 11:41 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I am hearing it is quickly turning into a mess at Catholic. I know that several players have moved to LCA and a couple to Douglass as well.

I have heard these names. I'd rather not name the players.

Brian Landis

David Clark

Andrew Coverdale

Patrick Towles
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cafe Mocha

A mess how? Administration? Coaches? Parents? Genuinely curious. I know two players transferred before Christmas; one to LCA and the other is at Woodford County.

A mess how? Administration? Coaches? Parents? Genuinely curious. I know two players transferred before Christmas; one to LCA and the other is at Woodford County.
(04-18-2023, 12:14 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 11:49 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Brian Landis

David Clark

Andrew Coverdale

Patrick Towles
Maybe Landis, because he was the HC at your school. Dave Clark, why would he leave Bardstown. He has been successful there. Coverdale St. X Cincinnati to LC? I don't see it. Towles doesn't have HC experience but he is knowledgeable with the offensive scheme that everybody runs now a days. He has OC experience with Paris for a season.
(04-18-2023, 02:13 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 11:49 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [quote="16BBall Fan" pid="2402656" dateline="1681828903"]
I am hearing it is quickly turning into a mess at Catholic. I know that several players have moved to LCA and a couple to Douglass as well.

Brian Landis

David Clark

Andrew Coverdale

Patrick Towles
Maybe Landis, because he was the HC at your school.

He was just a name mentioned I'm pretty sure he is not coming back.

Some of the parents think they are not making it enough of a priority and most of the ones that have left have went to LCA from what I was told only two has or is coming to Douglass as of now.
(04-18-2023, 03:08 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 02:13 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 11:49 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Brian Landis

David Clark

Andrew Coverdale

Patrick Towles
Maybe Landis, because he was the HC at your school.

He was just a name mentioned I'm pretty sure he is not coming back.

Some of the parents think they are not making it enough of a priority and most of the ones that have left have went to LCA from what I was told only two has or is coming to Douglass as of now.
None of my business, but I was just wonder how that works. If you go from a private to a public during the year do you get half of your money back? ...or if you go from private to private do they just transfer the money? Just curious.
(04-17-2023, 07:57 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-17-2023, 07:37 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Im told its down to 3 candidates, all out of state coaches, but all three have had prior ties to KY HSFB.  Honestly, any of the 3 would be great hires if the 3 names I heard are accurate.
You lie lol. Ok I heard one from Cincinnati school. Who or where are your source from?

Harvey the rabbit.

(04-18-2023, 02:04 PM)OhYouDidntKnow Wrote:

Lex Cath parents have a tendency to panic and be spastic when they are not in charge......been that way for 20 years or more.    They would rather do a quick hire, than a right hire, every time.
(04-18-2023, 09:09 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(04-17-2023, 07:57 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Harvey the rabbit.

(04-18-2023, 02:04 PM)OhYouDidntKnow Wrote:

Lex Cath parents have a tendency to panic and be spastic when they are not in charge......been that way for 20 years or more.    They would rather do a quick hire, than a right hire, every time.
Just like what that one poster stated, a couple of players left for LCA and Woodford Co prior to coach Bert resigned and left for Moller… So that has nothing to do with recent hiring.
This team is doomed! Ain't' nobody wanting to take this job or the qualified ones (plenty) are not given an interview.
Coach hired.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-28-2023, 09:17 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Coach hired.
Well who, do tell us lol
(04-28-2023, 09:17 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Coach hired.
It will be announced today is my understanding.
NB
Shhhhh he played college ball in the commonwealth.
Heard the Coach from Bardstown was offered the job earlier in the process and turned it down.

Then former HC Nigel Smith was asked to return to the sideline but declined which then led to the job being offered to the Coach from St X.

Seems the entire process turned into a dumpster fire.
(04-28-2023, 09:53 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: Heard the Coach from Bardstown was offered the job earlier in the process and turned it down.

Then former HC Nigel Smith was asked to return to the sideline but declined which then led to the job being offered to the Coach from St X.

Seems the entire process turned into a dumpster fire.
Why didn’t they give Buchanan, Hawkins, Towles just to name a few an interview? Sabotage the process? Definitely a dumpster fire.
Buchanan doesn’t have recruiting experience in the private sector. I believe Hawkins needs years to retire. Who in the world is towels?
(04-29-2023, 06:10 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Buchanan doesn’t have recruiting experience in the private sector. I believe Hawkins needs years to retire. Who in the world is towels?
I’m not sure either who “towels” is like you said LOL, but I do know Towles, as in Patrick Towles, who also applied but not given an interview.
Who is Patrick towels?
(04-29-2023, 09:52 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Who is Patrick towels?
I’m not sure whose Patrick Towels is, but I know of Patrick Towles. Perhaps since you’re an administrator, you can do some homework on it #sarcastic?
Never heard of him. Probably why he didn’t get an interview
Heard Dudley Hilton is moving out of TN and looking for a place in Lexington...