Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Martin County 55 Pikeville 53 (15th Region Championship)
(03-07-2023, 09:36 PM)Justagoodoleboy Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:34 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville fan through and through here but this team overachieved and that is a testament to their work ethic and the coaching they receive!!

Hail Pikeville!!!
How can you say this team overachieved when they have the best player in the region and a D1 commit with several other solid pieces including a 6’9 kid who is the most dominant big in the region. Plus they added Menifee County’s best player this season. Everyone had them preseason favorites to win region.
Hard to argue with those facts. In mountain regions if you have the top player and top big in your region winning 22 games  losing 8 and losing the regional is underachieving in most cases. But a lot of people get on message boards and talk about winning a title and think it’s as simple as most talent should win and it’s that easy. Not true, winning a region and heading to Rupp is a major accomplishment that includes a little luck and a few breaks no matter who the team is.
I’m just saying if you asked people to put money on who they thought would win the 15th region in the preseason 90% would have picked Pikeville considering who they had. I don’t think anyone was surprised Pikeville made the region finals.
(03-07-2023, 10:00 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:40 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:32 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Congratulations, Martin County. Pretty impressive considering the losing streak they had going into the district tournament. That's a mentally tough team and a heck of a coaching job by the staff. As far as Pikeville, they better get on the recruiting trail, the boosters aren't going to be happy after this loss.

This post shows your total ignorance and lack of class. Pikeville could not have been more gracious in defeat.
Gracious as in the fact of some of the assistants in the Hand shake line saying the officials gave that game to us?

I was pretty close to the hand shake line. While I didn’t hear any Pikeville assistants say that (I could’ve easily missed it), I did hear a Martin County assistant cuss at the Pikeville student section and a Pikeville player. I don’t believe this is the first game Martin County has had assistants cussing at opposing players either.
I’ll never get the ( people love to hate Pikeville on social media stuff) of course we do lol. Take it as a compliment. Pikeville is great at everything I have tons of respect for them
But you can bet your ass I’m gonna celebrate when they lose. It’s like rooting against Duke and I mean that with the upmost respect. Pikeville is the gold standard for athletics in the area and it’s fun when they lose sometimes.
[-] The following 2 users Like SouthEast18's post:
  • jetpilot, Micro-Brew
^^^This is how it’s done. Don’t get mad at Pikeville get even. It’s all fun. No use to hate on anyone. Whoever you hate doesn’t care, you are the only one walking around in a bad mood lol
(03-08-2023, 06:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^This is how it’s done. Don’t get mad at Pikeville get even. It’s all fun. No use to hate on anyone. Whoever you hate doesn’t care, you are the only one walking around in a bad mood lol
Yep, if it weren’t for animosity/jealousy towards other teams it sure would be boring in the stands. Especially if you are a fan for the underdog. This is the reason I get so pumped for UK football each year. Having something to prove is what gives teams and fans the passion for the game. My cards might be the biggest underdog in the sweet 16 next week, but that makes me want to go and cheer 10x harder!!!
(03-08-2023, 02:35 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote: I’ll never get the ( people love to hate Pikeville on social media stuff) of course we do lol. Take it as a compliment. Pikeville is great at everything I have tons of respect for them
But you can bet your ass I’m gonna celebrate when they lose. It’s like rooting against Duke and I mean that with the upmost respect. Pikeville is the gold standard for athletics in the area and it’s fun when they lose sometimes.
Great post. I absolutely agree with this. No problem from me from people being happy when Pikeville loses, comes with the territory. But I will make one comment, I do appreciate that most Pikeville folks don’t just take to social media blaming the refs after every loss. They just accept it and move on. Nor do they immediately hop on social media and applaud another local team losing, deep down I’m sure some are happy when it happens but they don’t make a spectacle of it. Yeah maybe  some people defend against the initial jabs but it’s rare that anyone from Pikeville  is the initial poster. I’m pretty sure every time one local team lost to Pikeville this year (4 times) it was the referee’s fault, just go read social media. And if it’s on there it’s definitely true. That’s the parts that annoy me, instead of just saying we need to get better, they point fingers……..transfers, referees, games are at the expo in Pikevilles back yard, etc, etc, etc.
And for what it was worth I was happy to see Martin Co win, they deserved it after the Covid BS in 2020. Good luck to the Cardinals against Douglas, tall task but I’ll be rooting for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Grinch1
So glad to see Pikeville out. Just because of the way they treated Breathitt County
(03-08-2023, 06:53 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 06:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^This is how it’s done. Don’t get mad at Pikeville get even. It’s all fun. No use to hate on anyone. Whoever you hate doesn’t care, you are the only one walking around in a bad mood lol
Yep, if it weren’t for animosity/jealousy towards other teams it sure would be boring in the stands. Especially if you are a fan for the underdog. This is the reason I get so pumped for UK football each year. Having something to prove is what gives teams and fans the passion for the game. My cards might be the biggest underdog in the sweet 16 next week, but that makes me want to go and cheer 10x harder!!!

You can want to beat someone so bad you can taste it and not hate them or be jealous. I watched the interviews with the Martin boys and Coach James and no way I could dislike them even a smidgen. Doesn't mean I want to ever lose to them lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Card2000
(03-08-2023, 09:22 PM)spectator 101 Wrote: So glad to see Pikeville out. Just because of the way they treated Breathitt County
Breathitt Jr high cancelled last minute on Pikeville this season in football. What was their reasoning? Yeller?
(03-08-2023, 12:54 PM)Throttle68 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:32 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Congratulations, Martin County. Pretty impressive considering the losing streak they had going into the district tournament. That's a mentally tough team and a heck of a coaching job by the staff. As far as Pikeville, they better get on the recruiting trail, the boosters aren't going to be happy after this loss.

This post shows your total ignorance and lack of class. Pikeville could not have been more gracious in defeat.
Gracious as in the fact of some of the assistants in the Hand shake line saying the officials gave that game to us?

I was pretty close to the hand shake line. While I didn’t hear any Pikeville assistants say that (I could’ve easily missed it), I did hear a Martin County assistant cuss at the Pikeville student section and a Pikeville player. I don’t believe this is the first game Martin County has had assistants cussing at opposing players either.
There is no place in high school sports for that type of behavior from any coach, if in fact it happened. I don’t care what a student in the pep section said(especially since any coach who even hears them isn’t a very good coach because they should be focused on the game not what a pimple face 13 year old drinking a redbull says about the other teams mishaps )or definitely not what a student athlete said or did in the heat of a game.  Any asst Coach behaving that way should be fired on the spot. Coaches are, and should be held to higher standards when representing a school and their athletic programs.  From head coach to 5th volunteer asst, all coaches should be professional at all times when it comes to dealing with students. If an action warrants that kind of attention there are other ways and avenues adults can take to address these situations involving students. Players and student fans  sometimes wear their emotions on their sleeves and their actions can be very disrespectful or out right offensive, but they are kids and need to be treated and dealt with as such.

I was in that handshake line and I can assure you the coach you are talking about has actually never said a cuss word, that’s not how he is and I can promise you that. It was all the Pikeville coaches and the pep section with the cussing.
(03-09-2023, 01:29 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:

I was in that handshake line and I can assure you the coach you are talking about has actually never said a cuss word, that’s not how he is and I can promise you that. It was all the Pikeville coaches and the pep section with the cussing.

Well I know he’s at least said 1 cuss word in his life, because I witnessed it. He turned to the fan section and said “F*** you, you guys suck.” Then said said something to a Pikeville player right after (not sure exactly what was said). Student sections are known for saying some inappropriate comments, and Pikeville’s is definitely no exception, but as a representative of a school it’s is completely inappropriate to cuss at kids like that.
(03-09-2023, 06:35 PM)Throttle68 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:40 AM)jetpilot Wrote: This post shows your total ignorance and lack of class. Pikeville could not have been more gracious in defeat.

Well I know he’s at least said 1 cuss word in his life, because I witnessed it. He turned to the fan section and said “F*** you, you guys suck.” Then said said something to a Pikeville player right after (not sure exactly what was said). Student sections are known for saying some inappropriate comments, and Pikeville’s is definitely no exception, but as a representative of a school it’s is completely inappropriate to cuss at kids like that.
So a coach who isnt known for foul language and who is over the moon excited that his team just won their biggest game of the year, randomly decides to cuss minors in a handshake line? This is almost laughable. This was one of the most docile games of the tourney. It didnt really even get physical out on the court. Nobody was even fired up on Martin Co. bench. 2 calls went Martin Co way in the closing minute of the game and if that hadnt happened pikeville wouldve won. Do you think the coaches were mad about that? lol.  Sore losers is a thing. Sore winners not so much.....
(03-09-2023, 09:11 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:00 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote: Gracious as in the fact of some of the assistants in the Hand shake line saying the officials gave that game to us?

So a coach who isnt known for foul language and who is over the moon excited that his team just won their biggest game of the year, randomly decides to cuss minors in a handshake line? This is almost laughable. This was one of the most docile games of the tourney. It didnt really even get physical out on the court. Nobody was even fired up on Martin Co. bench. 2 calls went Martin Co way in the closing minute of the game and if that hadnt happened pikeville wouldve won. Do you think the coaches were mad about that? lol.  Sore losers is a thing. Sore winners not so much.....

No it isn't, not by a long shot. A Pikeville assistant saying a refs gave MC the game was a big deal but cursing minors isn't? Not just in handshake line but to a whole section of students. So MC coaches curse students but slither away and come on here and whine when an adult says something to them about officiating? LOL!
Whoever cursed students is very lucky they don't have a pump knot on their head you could pitch off of and Jesus couldn't lay hands on and heal.
(03-07-2023, 10:40 AM)jetpilot Wrote: This post shows your total ignorance and lack of class. Pikeville could not have been more gracious in defeat.

Okay, take the pikeville glasses off for a minute, I was right with the coach and the only disrespectful ones was the two from pikeville
(03-09-2023, 10:49 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 10:00 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote: Gracious as in the fact of some of the assistants in the Hand shake line saying the officials gave that game to us?

Okay, take the pikeville glasses off for a minute, I was right with the coach and the only disrespectful ones was the two from pikeville
You must have special powers to know everything said to everyone in the arena after the game and only 2 guys from Pikeville were out of line. I call bullsh!t
(03-09-2023, 09:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 12:54 PM)Throttle68 Wrote: I was pretty close to the hand shake line. While I didn’t hear any Pikeville assistants say that (I could’ve easily missed it), I did hear a Martin County assistant cuss at the Pikeville student section and a Pikeville player. I don’t believe this is the first game Martin County has had assistants cussing at opposing players either.

No it isn't, not by a long shot. A Pikeville assistant saying a refs gave MC the game was a big deal but cursing minors isn't? Not just in handshake line but to a whole section of students. So MC coaches curse students but slither away and come on here and whine when an adult says something to them about officiating? LOL!
Whoever cursed students is very lucky they don't have a pump knot on their head you could pitch off of and Jesus couldn't lay hands on and heal.
Im not saying its funny to cuss a kid, Im saying its funny to assume that the cussing came from a coach that just won a game...Why would he feel a need to cuss a kid when hes in a state of elation after pulling off a crazy win..... Doesnt make sense to me is what im saying....Im saying it didnt happen...

(03-10-2023, 12:23 AM)Card2000 Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 01:29 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote: I was in that handshake line and I can assure you the coach you are talking about has actually never said a cuss word, that’s not how he is and I can promise you that. It was all the Pikeville coaches and the pep section with the cussing.

Im not saying its funny to cuss a kid, Im saying its funny to assume that the cussing came from a coach that just won a game...Why would he feel a need to cuss a kid when hes in a state of elation after pulling off a crazy win..... Doesnt make sense to me is what im saying....Im saying it didnt happen...Also i dont think a pikeville coach saying the refs gave them the game is a big deal either....

(03-09-2023, 01:29 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote: I was in that handshake line and I can assure you the coach you are talking about has actually never said a cuss word, that’s not how he is and I can promise you that. It was all the Pikeville coaches and the pep section with the cussing.

Im not saying its funny to cuss a kid, Im saying its funny to assume that the cussing came from a coach that just won a game...Why would he feel a need to cuss a kid when hes in a state of elation after pulling off a crazy win..... Doesnt make sense to me is what im saying....Im saying it didnt happen...

(03-09-2023, 06:35 PM)Throttle68 Wrote: Well I know he’s at least said 1 cuss word in his life, because I witnessed it. He turned to the fan section and said “F*** you, you guys suck.” Then said said something to a Pikeville player right after (not sure exactly what was said). Student sections are known for saying some inappropriate comments, and Pikeville’s is definitely no exception, but as a representative of a school it’s is completely inappropriate to cuss at kids like that.

Im not saying its funny to cuss a kid, Im saying its funny to assume that the cussing came from a coach that just won a game...Why would he feel a need to cuss a kid when hes in a state of elation after pulling off a crazy win..... Doesnt make sense to me is what im saying....Im saying it didnt happen...Also i dont think a pikeville coach saying the refs gave them the game is a big deal either....How many times does the winning team throw stuff on the floor after winning, how many times does the winning team threaten a ref or try to fight someone over the outcome of the game. Winners have no reason to be butthurt, you know why? Because they won they are happy. You know who isnt happy? Losers. You know why? Because they lost.. Now if anyone on here wants to debate this come at me with it.  After a game is over the losing team/coach/fanbase is starting 90 percent of the trouble. Pikeville is no different, Martin Co is no different. 

(03-09-2023, 06:35 PM)Throttle68 Wrote: Well I know he’s at least said 1 cuss word in his life, because I witnessed it. He turned to the fan section and said “F*** you, you guys suck.” Then said said something to a Pikeville player right after (not sure exactly what was said). Student sections are known for saying some inappropriate comments, and Pikeville’s is definitely no exception, but as a representative of a school it’s is completely inappropriate to cuss at kids like that.

Im not saying its funny to cuss a kid, Im saying its funny to assume that the cussing came from a coach that just won a game...Why would he feel a need to cuss a kid when hes in a state of elation after pulling off a crazy win..... Doesnt make sense to me is what im saying....Im saying it didnt happen...Also i dont think a pikeville coach saying the refs gave them the game is a big deal either....

(03-09-2023, 09:11 PM)Card2000 Wrote: So a coach who isnt known for foul language and who is over the moon excited that his team just won their biggest game of the year, randomly decides to cuss minors in a handshake line? This is almost laughable. This was one of the most docile games of the tourney. It didnt really even get physical out on the court. Nobody was even fired up on Martin Co. bench. 2 calls went Martin Co way in the closing minute of the game and if that hadnt happened pikeville wouldve won. Do you think the coaches were mad about that? lol.  Sore losers is a thing. Sore winners not so much.....

Im not saying its funny to cuss a kid, Im saying its funny to assume that the cussing came from a coach that just won a game...Why would he feel a need to cuss a kid when hes in a state of elation after pulling off a crazy win..... Doesnt make sense to me is what im saying....Im saying it didnt happen...Also i dont think a pikeville coach saying the refs gave them the game is a big deal either....How many times does the winning team throw stuff on the floor after winning, how many times does the winning team threaten a ref or try to fight someone over the outcome of the game. Winners have no reason to be butthurt, you know why? Because they won they are happy. You know who isnt happy? Losers. You know why? Because they lost.. Now if anyone on here wants to debate this come at me with it.  After a game is over the losing team/coach/fanbase is starting 90 percent of the trouble. Pikeville is no different, Martin Co is no different. 
You can say it didn't happen all you want, it doesn't mean a thing. You have no idea what happened. Also why would anyone want to debate you on your guesses, excuses and opinions lol.
(03-10-2023, 12:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

(03-09-2023, 09:11 PM)Card2000 Wrote: So a coach who isnt known for foul language and who is over the moon excited that his team just won their biggest game of the year, randomly decides to cuss minors in a handshake line? This is almost laughable. This was one of the most docile games of the tourney. It didnt really even get physical out on the court. Nobody was even fired up on Martin Co. bench. 2 calls went Martin Co way in the closing minute of the game and if that hadnt happened pikeville wouldve won. Do you think the coaches were mad about that? lol.  Sore losers is a thing. Sore winners not so much.....

(03-09-2023, 09:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: No it isn't, not by a long shot. A Pikeville assistant saying a refs gave MC the game was a big deal but cursing minors isn't? Not just in handshake line but to a whole section of students. So MC coaches curse students but slither away and come on here and whine when an adult says something to them about officiating? LOL!
You can say it didn't happen all you want, it doesn't mean a thing. You have no idea what happened. Also why would anyone want to debate you on your guesses, excuses and opinions lol.
I was in the line behind said coach and I know what he said and I know what the two from Pikeville said, you can say BS all you want but i was there as it happened and heard it so I think I might know bub
Again, since you missed it the first time, just because you were in the handshake line doesn’t mean you know everything said to everyone in the arena after the game and by whom, pal.
(03-11-2023, 05:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Again, since you missed it the first time, just because you were in the handshake line doesn’t mean you know everything said to everyone in the arena after the game and by whom, pal.
I know the coach personally who they are saying cussed. He without a doubt said stuff. But after knowing him for the last 10 years I have never heard him say a cuss word. I’ve been around him several times when he would be aggravated or mad but never heard him say a cuss word.
(03-08-2023, 12:01 AM)Coach00 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 02:41 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 02:21 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:

Where did I say they weren't gracious in defeat? You may need to learn to "read and comprehend" before you call someone ignorant! Recruiting the top players from the surrounding area worked out well for Pikeville last year, but no so much this year. Jet, you may need to take over as the recruiting coordinator, I think you could be the missing link!
See tho with that recruiting comment it kind of does makes you sound like a moron. Not one coach on any of Pikeville sports teams are actively out and about recruiting players to play for them. Everyone seems to think this is true and it is not.  Everyone in the region has transfers even the team that beat Pikeville last night. Two of their starters are from the Tug Valley area and did not start their high school career at MC. Their starting pg was a freshman at JC. So that’s 3 starters. Pikeville sports do get transfers and people get mad because they sometimes get the best players like a Worrix. Let’s not act tho that other programs are innocent in this or heck that Pikeville coaches are recruiting these kids. Pikeville is a excellent schools that happens to have a independent school board that provides nice facilities for their athletes. That alone attracts kids to want to attended Pikeville.

Yes Martin co has three kids from mingo co two come over in middle school and the other come over his sophomore year I think. I watched it from home and you could read lips from a pikeville assistant coach say the referee gave that one to you guys i don’t think so then boys dig deep and played hard until the final whistle one of the best final in a while at the end we are all 15th region best of luck to the Cards
Hmmm! martin co tapping into belfry's pipeline!  Sick
Congratulations coach James and the Martin county cardinals. Good luck at rupp. HAVE FUN!!!