Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 12, Paintsville 0 (5 Innings)
Duty and Ryan combine to no-hit the Tigers

Duty 4 IP no hits 9 Ks
I picked Paintsville as preseason #1 in region. After watching this game they have a lot to clean up to be that. Pikeville looked sharp. Pitching looked good. Scary thing is they can still improve as the season goes.
March baseball. I have no idea why these two teams would play each other first game of the season.
Pikeville looked good and Paintsville, obviously did not. But, it’s one game...the first game. Doesn’t really indicate what either will look like come May.
Who pitched for Paintsville?
(03-13-2023, 11:28 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: Who pitched for Paintsville?

Not Fugate 

I believe Ashton
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-13-2023, 11:50 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Not Fugate 

I believe Ashton
I didn’t figure Fugate threw. He hasn’t had enough time since basketball ended to get his arm in shape to start. Them hitting Ashton Miller that hard is surprising as well.
Paintsville and Pikeville had an interesting series last year as well. Paintsville won 3 of 4 games but the one game Pikeville won was 15-0 in the All A classic. Pretty bizarre you could lose to a team 3 times but also beat them 15-0. With that said I’m not going to read too much into this score especially this early on in the season.
(03-14-2023, 12:59 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 11:50 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Not Fugate 

I believe Ashton
I didn’t figure Fugate threw. He hasn’t had enough time since basketball ended to get his arm in shape to start. Them hitting Ashton Miller that hard is surprising as well.
I believe Miller only gave up a couple hits, they had quite a few errors in the field.
Almost too cold last night. Watched last inning but was told that Paintsville D looked bad. Lots of errors
Pikeville 7 hits w some extra-base hits, no errors.
Paintsville no hits, 6 errors.

It's very early but one thing you can take from this game (and last year) is Duty is a beast and can beat anyone in the region and beyond on a given day.
By seasons end both teams will be in the hunt for 15th title. I’ll never count Johnson Central out come tournament time. Belfry and Lawrence will be there as well but pitching might be what doesn’t carry them all the way.
15th probably as wide open as it's ever been. Should be a fun season.