Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Rogers Clark/Lyon County Updates
Here... we... go....

One spot left in the semifinals. 

Can Travis Perry and company pull it off? I was surprised with how much better this year's iteration looked compared to what I remembered from last year. Shoulders is rather underrated, IMO. 

I don't know if the Lyons have the firepower to contend with the Cards if both are at their best though. 

I watched the entire 2nd Region Tournament and thought Hopkinsville could put Perry in situations where you could see his ceiling, and George Rogers Clark as much more overall length and talent than Hop-town (though there were a couple of kids playing for the Tigers who'd start for GRC).
Thanks ^^
2-0, Lyons lead after a Perry basket.

Looks like Lyon Co. is more willing to fight for 50-50 balls and rebounds than North Laurel was.

GRC's Hampton will make decisions and take shots that play into opponent's hands. Saw it repeatedly last night and you can see that Lyon will try to do the same.

3-2, Cards lead with 4:00 left in Q1.

5-3, Lyon leads after a Shoulders triple from the corner. Kid is underrated.

Shoulders at the line for three freebies.

As for George Rogers Clark, I really like Sam Parrish's game. I don't know that I've seen him have a bad game. Very skilled. Would be a very good guard for the right college.

Tied at 6 with 1:50 remaining in Q1.

13-6, Lyon County leads.

It might be time to start adding the Cardinals to the list with Fairleigh Dickinson's opponent, Purdue, in tonight's UPSET ALERT!

GRC goes on a bit of a run but Bradin Nelson's three makes it 16-11, Lyons lead with roughly 6 minutes remaining in the first half.

18-15, Lyon County leads and has the ball with 4 minutes remaining in the first half.

Tied at 18 with just over 3 minutes remaining in the half. Perry will be at the line.

21-19, GRC leads, Lyons ball with just under 3 minutes remaining. Cards have all of the momentum at this point.

27-22, Cards lead with 1:20 remaining in the half.

IF THERE WERE A "REDRAFT" OF PICKS TO WIN THE SWEET 16, AND IF GEORGE ROGERS CLARK HADN'T WON IT LAST YEAR (READ: REPEATS ARE STATISTICALLY UNLIKELY), THE CARDS WOULD EASILY BE MY PICK TO WIN THE WHOLE THING AGAIN IN 2023.

30-24, Cards lead at the half. Lyon County isn't out, but you get the feeling that GRC has absorbed their best shot.

Reddick with 4 straight out of the break and it's back to a two point game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • 64SUR
54-51, GRC leads with 4:05 remaining in regulation. Time is out on the floor.

Lyon Co. rebounds to regain possession. 54-51, Lyons trail with 3:30 remaining.

Morton makes a pair of free throws to push GRC's lead out to a 56-51 margin. Lyons have the ball with 3 minutes remaining.

2:28 remaining and GRC will be at the line for the bonus. They lead 56-51. Lyons must score on all remaining possessions in regulation if they want to stay in this one.

58-53, Cards lead and they have possession. 2 minutes remain in regulation.

GRC turnover. Lyon has 1:31 remaining as they trail by 5.

Wild sequence. Lyon had some shots from deep but you have to think that tired legs resulted in those falling short. George Rogers Clark gives up a couple of chances before corralling a loose ball and taking a timeout to avoid the trap deep in Lyon territory.

Jerone Morton is fouled and he'll be at the line for the bonus with 43 seconds left. Still the same 58-53 margin, GRC leads.

Lyon County regains possession and takes a timeout with 30.3 seconds remaining. They'll inbound, side-out, out of the break.

Travis Perry drills a three to cut the Cards' lead to 2. It's 58-56 with 9.3 seconds remaining. GRC will inbound under the Lyons' basket. 1 timeout left each way.
GRC just had to many good athletes.