Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just What Does "Woke" Mean To You ?
Honestly, until fairly recently I hadn't really even been that familiar with the term. I know it's something that seems to get conservatives pretty riled up but when they are asked about it they are unsure exactly what is or they give widely different answers as to what "woke" means. I couldn't really give a good definition of  it , myself.  Most of the people I have asked haven't been very helpful. I guess it bothers some liberals, too, but it seems to bother conservatives more.  Would "woke" be like feeling the need to change the name "Indians" to "Patriots" or "Redskins" to Commanders" ? Or is it something else , altogether?  Help me out. I'm curious to know if I sympathize with the "woke" culture or if I should be p!ssed about wokeism .

What is "Woke" to you and is it something that irritates you?
Someone on social media responded with this:

"I have asked a few friends that are Republicans what WOKE AND Being a Sheep means. I never get an answer."

I think I know how he feels.

Someone named K Kendell(who is likely NOT a Republican) said this last night:

"Woke is being kind and understanding of other peoples differences."

I guess that's as good a definition as any.
I think and me being old like hound have never heard of this phrase before but it seems to me it’s a minority of people who don’t believe in pronouns and everyone else’s rights to believe in what they believe because if you don’t then your some kind of phobic and even though I don’t agree with their logic they have their rights just as anyone has and definitely don’t agree with the answer that was given by the other poster but like I said to each his own and keep up Hound you definitely keep the fire burning on here
Everybody has a right to ask to be called by any pronoun that they want. Nobody has any right to demand that the basic rules of grammar be abandoned or to require that others call them by their chosen pronouns. The sex of humans and most other animals on this planet are born either male or female, based on their genitalia and/or DNA. Demanding and expecting others to ignore well-established science and common rules of grammar and existing word definitions makes one "woke."

If you have two heads, then I will gladly refer to you as "they" or "them." If you have only one head and tell me that your chosen pronouns are they/them, then I will gladly call you a freak.
Nike ad then vs now. I find it HILARIOUS! This is "wokeness"

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status...Goi9ItAAAA

Start at the 1:50 mark. Don't be taking a sip of anything or it will end up all over your screen. LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Conservatives do in fact lament the onset of wokeness, especially Christian conservatives. The reason of course is because wokeness is the 180 degree opposite of the things God has declared to be natural and morally correct human behavior. And it's not because Christians are judging them or think they are any better either. It's because they know such things cause the destruction of people's lives.

The woke among us do have an argument, but that argument is not with conservatives; it is with God. It is unfortunate that conservatives are being targeted by so many, but then---

Matthew 5:10-12
“Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."  ----The Lord Jesus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheRealThing's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1