Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Rankings - Top 10
Now that we are 4-6 games into the season. What’s everyone’s rankings looking like? 

1. Pikeville
2. Shelby Valley
3. Paintsville
4. Belfry
5. Lawerence Co.
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Floyd Central
9. East Ridge 
10. Pike Central
(03-24-2023, 11:43 AM)BullyDogs Wrote: Now that we are 4-6 games into the season. What’s everyone’s rankings looking like? 

1. Pikeville
2. Shelby Valley
3. Paintsville
4. Belfry
5. Lawerence Co.
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Floyd Central
9. East Ridge 
10. Pike Central
Right now Pikeville is the solid #1. The rest can be mixed up in several different orders based on who is on the mound. Belfry just beat Paintsville at Paintsville. Shelby Valley and Floyd Central beat Belfry. Johnson Central beat belfry and then lost to Prestonsburg who Belfry beat easily. Pike central might be better than 10th. All is up to who is pitching. Pikeville has deepest pitching right now but it is still way early.
Pikeville
Valley
Johnson Central
Belfry
Lawrence
Prestonsburg
Pike Central

I don’t think Valley, Prestonsburg, or Pike Central can win it but they can beat the 4 that can.
I agree RTruth. Should make for a very entertaining regional tournament.
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Prestonsburg
I don't think there is a #1. Pikeville routed two days in a row in Atlanta. I do think they are playing some of the younger guys some though.
(03-30-2023, 01:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I don't think there is a #1. Pikeville routed two days in a row in Atlanta. I do think they are playing some of the younger guys some though.
The competition they are playing in Atlanta is better than almost any team in Kentucky. They are preparing for a run at region championship and are doing it the right way. Getting pitching some good experience and facing top notch teams. Pikeville is the solid front runner today. But in tournament it only takes a bad inning and season is over.
Well into season now and Pikeville is still the front runner. Johnson Central Paintsville and Valley in running. Prestonsburg shows signs. Still some big district games coming up.
It's Pikeville Paintsville and JC #1 AB&C.
Lawrence Co and Belfry longshots.
Pike Central and SV huge longshots.
It’s Pikevilles to lose.

Paintsville, JC, Belfry, and Lawrence are all lacking something.
Man, Prestonsburg gets no love. Beats Lawrence, JC and Paintsville yet somehow people still tout Valley like they’ve won more than one game since April began.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(04-17-2023, 06:18 PM)RTruth Wrote: It’s Pikevilles to lose.

Paintsville, JC, Belfry, and Lawrence are all lacking something.

I hope you are right. I don't feel like Pikeville has put any distance between themselves and the pack.
Paintsville has a 2.40 team ERA and Johnson Central has won 7 of 8 since losing at Pikeville by a run w/ lone loss being by 1 run in extra innings to an out of state team. 15th tourney draw will be huge and someone will get a very bad draw. 15th wide open in my humble opinion.
(04-17-2023, 07:15 PM)BCF4L Wrote: Man, Prestonsburg gets no love. Beats Lawrence, JC and Paintsville yet somehow people still tout Valley like they’ve won more than one game since April began.

I feel like the Blackcats can beat the top teams on a given night or lose 0-15. I just don't see them putting 3 wins together in the regional tourney...just my opinion of course.
(04-17-2023, 07:15 PM)BCF4L Wrote: Man, Prestonsburg gets no love. Beats Lawrence, JC and Paintsville yet somehow people still tout Valley like they’ve won more than one game since April began.

Started a thread on them few weeks back and it got 0 replies.
(04-17-2023, 07:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I feel like the Blackcats can beat the top teams on a given night or lose 0-15. I just don't see them putting 3 wins together in the regional tourney...just my opinion of course.

Sadly they’ve yet to have a game where everyone is healthy. We keep getting hit with the injury bug. Got a couple back healthy last week and had a couple go down this week. It’s been unfortunate to say the least but they’re still fighting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-17-2023, 07:15 PM)I’m BCF4L Wrote: Man, Prestonsburg gets no love. Beats Lawrence, JC and Paintsville yet somehow people still tout Valley like they’ve won more than one game since April began.

I agree, Pburg definitely needs more love. They have a tough offense. The only thing with PBurg is they lack the pitching. So does Valley though. But I know Valley has been out at least 3 starters since late March probably why their not having a good April. I think they’ll be a different team when they get everyone back. Lawrence and Paintsville are playing good baseball right now. I think after Pikeville any team can win any given day.
Pikeville is still the front runner. No one wants to play Johnson Central in the region tournament nor Paintsville if Fugate has it together. Lawrence is middle of the road. Shelby Valley has had some injuries. Belfry has struggled this year. Floyd Central also very inconsistent. Still believe will be a fun tournament to watch.
My money is on Paintsville to win the 15th. Fugate and Peters 12-0 on the year last time I looked with combined ERA near 0.50.
Pikeville doesn't have the pitching.
(05-08-2023, 10:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: My money is on Paintsville to win the 15th. Fugate and Peters 12-0 on the year last time I looked with combined ERA near 0.50.
Pikeville doesn't have the pitching.
Fugate has been outstanding this year. He’s learned to be aggressive in the zone and quit wasting pitches to run his count up. He’s is the best arm in the 15th by a good margin this year. 

Peters has good numbers but that comes from pitching against the lower quality teams (Phelps, Magoffin Co., Martin Co., Fleming Co. etc.) on the Paintsville schedule. Peters’s has improved drastically this year but he’s still not better than Pikevilles arms (Duty and Thompson). 

Top 10
1a) Pikeville
1b) Paintsville
3)Lawrence Co
4)Johnson Central 
5)Belfry
6)Pburg
7)Shelby Valley
8)Floyd Central 
9)Pike CC
10)Betsy Layne 

Any of the top 5 maybe 6 can win it IMO if they get hot at the right time.
How the region pairings fall out will have a lot to do with who wins it. I still will never bet against Johnson Central during the tournament. They have proved year in and year out they find ways to win this time of year.
When are districts for the 15th?
(05-10-2023, 09:38 AM)Explorer Wrote: When are districts for the 15th?
Most will start Monday
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Explorer
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Lawrence Co
Pikeville

Everybody else

Paintsville 2.40 team ERA = outstanding

Paintsville's to lose in the 15th
(05-15-2023, 12:51 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Paintsville
Johnson Central
Lawrence Co
Pikeville

Everybody else

Paintsville is favorite if Fugate is on the mound. Very beatable if not. Johnson Central always hard to beat this time of year. Pikeville is better than Lawrence. Unfortunately this time of year only 1bad inning can cost you the game.
(05-16-2023, 01:31 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 12:51 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Paintsville
Johnson Central
Lawrence Co
Pikeville

Everybody else

Paintsville is favorite if Fugate is on the mound. Very beatable if not. Johnson Central always hard to beat this time of year. Pikeville is better than Lawrence. Unfortunately this time of year only 1bad inning can cost you the game.
Hall can certainly coach em up. Draw means everything in the 15th.
It's hard to believe Pikeville hasn't won a Regional championship in baseball in over a decade.

There doesn't seem to be a clear cut favorite this season so hopefully the Panthers can get their first one since 2012
When is the draw for the 15th? The draw changes everything with most teams only having 1-2 great pitchers at most.

JC has really benefited from that the last two years. Plus Coach Hall always seems to have his team peaking during the regions.
(05-19-2023, 12:08 PM)Mr. D Wrote: When is the draw for the 15th? The draw changes everything with most teams only having 1-2 great pitchers at most.

JC has really benefited from that the last two years. Plus Coach Hall always seems to have his team peaking during the regions.
Draw was very kind to Johnson Central. Pikeville Belfry Paintsville and Lawrence all in other side of the bracket.