Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox 360...help
I am looking to purchase a Xbox 360 and was wanting to know somethings. I am not really educated with the 360. Is the 360 like the original xbox with an internal hard drive or will I have to buy memory units for it? Do the controllers have to be wireless? Is the 360 reliable? A couple of people have mentioned to me a "ring of death." Are all original Xbox games compatible with the 360? If I want to play DVD's in the 360 will I have to purchase a dvd kit as I had to with the original Xbox? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The Xbox360 isn't as big as the original Xbox, but you can but the 360 with a hard drive, or just buy the one that doesn't and buy a memory card for it. The "red" blinking light occured alot with the Xbox360's that where bought the first year that they came out, but since then it hasn't occurred alot. You get a wireless controller with it, but it charges with a wire hooked to the 360, you can buy the regular controllers for the system if you don't like the wireless ones. It does play DVDs, so you don't need anything for it to play them.

Out of a 10 I'd give the 360 an 8.
blackcat_student Wrote:The Xbox360 isn't as big as the original Xbox, but you can but the 360 with a hard drive, or just buy the one that doesn't and buy a memory card for it. The "red" blinking light occured alot with the Xbox360's that where bought the first year that they came out, but since then it hasn't occurred alot. You get a wireless controller with it, but it charges with a wire hooked to the 360, you can buy the regular controllers for the system if you don't like the wireless ones. It does play DVDs, so you don't need anything for it to play them.

Out of a 10 I'd give the 360 an 8.

Thanks that has helped me alot. I was looking on Wal-Mart's website and they have two xbox 360's... and regular 360 and a 360 arcade. Whats the difference or do you know?
and_1 Wrote:Thanks that has helped me alot. I was looking on Wal-Mart's website and they have two xbox 360's... and regular 360 and a 360 arcade. Whats the difference or do you know?

The XBOX 360 Arcade is just a game that comes with it. The disc has alot of the classic games on it... Exp. Pac-Man.
and_1 Wrote:I am looking to purchase a Xbox 360 and was wanting to know somethings. I am not really educated with the 360. Is the 360 like the original xbox with an internal hard drive or will I have to buy memory units for it? Do the controllers have to be wireless? Is the 360 reliable? A couple of people have mentioned to me a "ring of death." Are all original Xbox games compatible with the 360? If I want to play DVD's in the 360 will I have to purchase a dvd kit as I had to with the original Xbox? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Most of the big selling x-box games are compatible for the 360.
Yea you should definately get one, the graphics are great compared to the regular xbox.
I have a question for anyone. I've had my 360 close to a year now, and it froze on me last night for the first time, and that red light come on. What is the problem and what should I do?
The problem is normally with over heating, you can do 2 different things. You can buy an intercooler, which contains 3 fans that connects to the back of your system, or you can contact microsoft, tell them your problem and they will try to help you, if not they send a box for you to ship it to them if they cannot fix it, they generally will send you a new one as they did for me and my friends.
Freezing has been a problem for my 360 since day 1. No red light yet, but this thing is getting kindve annoying. Still a big upgrade, however.
Alot of the problems as mentioned were due to overheating and almost all the cases came from close-to-launch systems. Newer 360's dont seem to have that problem as much. The Elite systems, to my knowledge, have not yet shown any problems.

Now to the intercooler answer. They dont work. In the best scenario they will drop the overall temp maybe 2 degrees and over a long play period 2 degrees doesnt help. Fact is if your system is going to mess up there is no stopping it.
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:I have a question for anyone. I've had my 360 close to a year now, and it froze on me last night for the first time, and that red light come on. What is the problem and what should I do?

I got mine the day they launched and sure enough about 5 months later the red light came on. I contacted XBOX and they sent me a brand new one after I shipped my old one to them. I didn't have to pay for anything, they took care of all the shipping and handling for me.
Uncle Buck Wrote:I got mine the day they launched and sure enough about 5 months later the red light came on. I contacted XBOX and they sent me a brand new one after I shipped my old one to them. I didn't have to pay for anything, they took care of all the shipping and handling for me.
they also sent me a free gold xbox live 1 month subscription
The Redlight of death will occur you just have to take the harddrive out and send the system back to microsoft they will send u a new one back
Microsoft told me to remove my hard drive and send them the console and they would repair.