5. Prestonsburg 

16th
1. Boyd
2. East Carter
3. Raceland
4. Russell
5. Rowan 

Combined
1. Boyd-(1 in state loss to North Bullitt) 
2. Whitley-(2 losses are Great Grossing and Ballard)
3. Corbin-(2 in state loses are Whitley by 2 runs and vs Henry Clay)
4. Pikeville-(2 in state loses are to Boyd Co. 8-3 and 5-1)
5. East Carter-(1 in state loss to Lafayette) 

Using KHSAA scores this is how I would rank 13th-16th regions. Feel pretty good about 1&2 in each region but it gets difficult after that. Combined one is just my views after looking at each teams schedule and who they have won and lost against.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Explorer's post:
  • WhoSane
After the #1 spot there is a wide variety of teams that could be the #2 on any given night. Should make for a great postseason
You got the 16th all wrong. After Greenup beat Raceland on back to back nights with a combined score of 16-2 the Rams are probably 5th at best. I’d say

Boyd
East
Rowan/Greenup
Raceland/Russell
(04-20-2023, 09:28 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: You got the 16th all wrong. After Greenup beat Raceland on back to back nights with a combined score of 16-2 the Rams are probably 5th at best. I’d say

Boyd
East
Rowan/Greenup
Raceland/Russell

Tough week for the Rams. Add Ashland beating East this week. Greenup has played a very tough schedule. I'd prolly move them to 2 spot even with 12 loses, crazy to consider it tho. 

Pretty much after Boyd, its a mess.
Nice to see The Colonels competing with the big boys.
13th - Whitley, Corbin, North Laurel, Clay, South Laurel (just beat Middlesboro 14-0)
13th-16th

1. Whitley
2. Corbin

These two could flip this week. Same district. Two best teams in the mountains IMO and they’re in the same district.

3. Boyd
4. Pikeville
5. East Carter

FYI, Whitley run ruled Greenup today 12-2 in 5…

Whitley playing in the 2A state this weekend is gonna put them in a bind against Corbin Monday and Tuesday. They’ll be out of arms.

They have already beat Corbin earlier this year in a non district game…
Go Colonels!
Whitley County has a good team Smile
(04-23-2023, 09:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Whitley County has a good team Smile

Beat DeSales in the second round today before losing to Warren East in the championship 2-1. They just ran out of Arms. If the Zehr or Croley kids are pitching I don’t see them losing to many. 

Corbin and Whitley play their doubleheaders tomorrow and Tuesday. We will see how it goes
(04-23-2023, 11:03 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(04-23-2023, 09:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Whitley County has a good team Smile

Beat DeSales in the second round today before losing to Warren East in the championship 2-1. They just ran out of Arms. If the Zehr or Croley kids are pitching I don’t see them losing to many. 

Corbin and Whitley play their doubleheaders tomorrow and Tuesday. We will see how it goes

I was impressed by them. They played with confidence and only gave up five runs in three games against some good teams. That's rough to have to come back to Whitley County and play Corbin on consecutive days, but their schedule should definitely make them better. They and Corbin are both solid teams this year.
This is why I'm not a fan of 1a or 2a baseball tournament. Especially how 2a just crammed all the games together.
(04-24-2023, 09:49 AM)Explorer Wrote: This is why I'm not a fan of 1a or 2a baseball tournament. Especially how 2a just crammed all the games together.

something definitely needs tweaked. I understand teams are not going to free up a week of there schedule on the chance they may or may not make it, but at the same time having an entire state tournament in two days is never going to give you the best results.
whitley cancelled a game Friday so they could play in this, but all it’s done is put them in a bind for there games against Corbin this week. Same could have been said for Corbin had they beaten Whitley in the sectional earlier in the year. 

baseball really just needs classed. Asking a Lynn camp to play St. X is never going to work. The change needs to be made. You could also do a best of three in that scenario and get a true champion out of it
(04-24-2023, 11:43 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 09:49 AM)Explorer Wrote: This is why I'm not a fan of 1a or 2a baseball tournament. Especially how 2a just crammed all the games together.

something definitely needs tweaked. I understand teams are not going to free up a week of there schedule on the chance they may or may not make it, but at the same time having an entire state tournament in two days is never going to give you the best results.
whitley cancelled a game Friday so they could play in this, but all it’s done is put them in a bind for there games against Corbin this week. Same could have been said for Corbin had they beaten Whitley in the sectional earlier in the year. 

baseball really just needs classed. Asking a Lynn camp to play St. X is never going to work. The change needs to be made. You could also do a best of three in that scenario and get a true champion out of it

1A and 2A are a joke. 

You schedule games on those dates and make it. You cancel the games. 
You don't schedule games on those dates and don't make it. You are on the phone trying to play anyone anywhere. 

Then you have to decide is a bs 2A worth even going after in the first place. Like Whitley current situation vs Corbin. Huge game for seeding and they just played a weeks worth of games in 2 days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Explorer's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
Playing in the All “A” or 2A is voluntary.

And almost every school plays 3 games in two days on the weekend every weekend.

I think both are great events for the schools involved.
I would like to see baseball go to a 3 Class system
(04-24-2023, 12:55 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Playing in the All “A” or 2A is voluntary.

And almost every school plays 3 games in two days on the weekend every weekend.

I think both are great events for the schools involved.

This is what makes it not worth it in my opinion. 

The 2a is a 2 year agreement and a decent chunk of eligible schools didn't participate. It's a mid season tourney against schools with a set parameter of enrollment sticking "state title" on it that is a scheduling nightmare.

(04-24-2023, 01:33 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I would like to see baseball go to a 3 Class system

Similar to Track and Field. I think Lawrence County coach fought for this few years back and it went nowhere. 

I think all sports should be classed
[-] The following 2 users Like Explorer's post:
  • Bluecat, KnoxvillesFinest
Does anyone know when the Sweet 16 Draw is for baseball?
I understand the appeal for single A teams. If I’m not mistaken the last time a single A team won a state championship was Paintsville in 90’
(04-21-2023, 10:06 AM)Explorer Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 09:28 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: You got the 16th all wrong. After Greenup beat Raceland on back to back nights with a combined score of 16-2 the Rams are probably 5th at best. I’d say

Boyd
East
Rowan/Greenup
Raceland/Russell

Tough week for the Rams. Add Ashland beating East this week. Greenup has played a very tough schedule. I'd prolly move them to 2 spot even with 12 loses, crazy to consider it tho. 

Ashland beat Boyd County 2-1 last night. After losing their first 6 games to open the season the young Tomcats have played much better in the past few weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Explorer
(04-25-2023, 09:13 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Boyd
East
Rowan/Greenup
Raceland/Russell

Ashland beat Boyd County 2-1 last night. After losing their first 6 games to open the season the young Tomcats have played much better in the past few weeks.
Who was pitching for Boyd ?
(04-25-2023, 05:10 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 09:13 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Boyd
East
Rowan/Greenup
Raceland/Russell

Who was pitching for Boyd ?

JK McKnight started the game.
(04-18-2023, 03:14 PM)Explorer Wrote: 13th
1. Whitley County
2. Corbin
3. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro
5. Clay County

14th
1. Hazard
2. Letcher 
3. Estill
4. Powell
5. Breathitt 

15th
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Johnson Central 
4. Lawrence
5. Prestonsburg 

16th
1. Boyd
2. East Carter
3. Raceland
4. Russell
5. Rowan 

Combined
1. Boyd-(1 in state loss to North Bullitt) 
2. Whitley-(2 losses are Great Grossing and Ballard)
3. Corbin-(2 in state loses are Whitley by 2 runs and vs Henry Clay)
4. Pikeville-(2 in state loses are to Boyd Co. 8-3 and 5-1)
5. East Carter-(1 in state loss to Lafayette) 

Using KHSAA scores this is how I would rank 13th-16th regions. Feel pretty good about 1&2 in each region but it gets difficult after that. Combined one is just my views after looking at each teams schedule and who they have won and lost against.
4/26 Update

13th
Whitley
Corbin
Harlan County
North Laurel
South Laurel

14th
Hazard
Letcher
Estill
Powell
Wolfe

15th
Pikeville
Paintsville
Lawrence 
Johnson Central
Shelby Valley 

16th
Boyd
East Carter
Rowan
Ashland
Greenup

Combined Top 5
Whitley
Boyd
Corbin
Pikeville
East Carter

RPI Rankings
Whitley
Boyd
Corbin
Pikeville
East Carter
Rowan
Letcher
Paintsville
Raceland
Estill
Whitley was on their 4th or 5th arm last night at Corbin and were tied at the end of 7 inning. In the 8th Whitley hit a grand slam and tacked on 7 run to win 12-5

I think they should get Croley back tonight after rest. Pretty sure it’s been three days

Fwiw, I still think Corbin is the second best team. Whitley could end up with 4 wins over Corbin and end up losing the 5th in the region title game to end there year
(04-26-2023, 11:42 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Whitley was on their 4th or 5th arm last night at Corbin and were tied at the end of 7 inning. In the 8th Whitley hit a grand slam and tacked on 7 run to win 12-5

I think they should get Croley back tonight after rest. Pretty sure it’s been three days

Fwiw, I still think Corbin is the second best team. Whitley could end up with 4 wins over Corbin and end up losing the 5th in the region title game to end there year

Whitley County seems to be the real deal.