1. Hazard

2. LCC
3. Wolfe
4. Estill
5. Breathitt
6. Powell
7. Knott
8. Perry

2-8 can beat each other on a given night and if Hazard plays bad can beat Hazard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • DukeBoy
1. Hazard I think they are the top till they are knocked off.
2. Letcher Co think they have solid hitting and decent defense.
3. Powell Co they have way more pitching than anyone thinks. They have been in every game this year. Maybe a year away from being great but you will have to beat them.
4. Estill Co I think they can hit and cause havoc. They do lack pitching to make a deep run. Their bats will give them a chance. Wouldn’t want to play them in the first round of regions.
5. Breathitt they have a good four maybe five kids. When combs and Bellamy are on they are good. Just don’t know if the top four can carry them in region.
6. Perry getting better. Two good pitchers. But worry if they can score if pitching isn’t great and becomes a scoring game. I think they can win a rock fight but don’t know if the score gets above 5 if they can score enough to win.
7. Wolfe they have some good pitchers but worry about their inconsistency on the field. They can beat anyone and can lose to anyone. Errors are something that can be cleaned up. But don’t know if they have enough good pieces to win more than one game in the region.
8. Knott they are young. Kids can hit and play good defense. I worry that their pitching isn’t great and everyone can hit them 1-9. They don’t have a dude yet. They will probably get knocked out first round. But you will have to take them serious cause they can sneak up and win a game or maybe two. But after that they don’t have the pitching for 3 straight days.
Where is region held at?
(04-29-2023, 10:19 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Where is region held at?
Perry
Letcher/Hazard play Tuesday at Hazard.
Looks like the kincaids will be on the move again....
(05-02-2023, 09:15 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: Looks like the kincaids will be on the move again....
Kincaids? Hazard….. only one I know who plays.
(05-02-2023, 09:15 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: Looks like the kincaids will be on the move again....
Why do you say that?
Powell gave Hazard all they could handle last night. Hazard won 4-3. Sounds as if it was a good one. I know Hazard is the favorite but it will be easy task.
(05-05-2023, 02:04 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Powell gave Hazard all they could handle last night. Hazard won 4-3. Sounds as if it was a good one. I know Hazard is the favorite but it will be easy task.
If hazard throws Patrick this is a completely different game. Count on that.
(05-05-2023, 09:24 PM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 02:04 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Powell gave Hazard all they could handle last night. Hazard won 4-3. Sounds as if it was a good one. I know Hazard is the favorite but it will be easy task.
If hazard throws Patrick this is a completely different game. Count on that.
But the game is a 4-3 ball game. If begley pitched the entire game hazard doesn’t score either. He pitched 4 innings and gave up zero hits. Hazard might be the favorite. But if they met in the championship game like last year would Patrick be eligible to pitch absolutely not if I was guessing. Patrick only beat them 4-2 with Patrick pitching the first game. And begley didn’t pitch at all. So it will be a good game if it happens. It’s all going to depend on the draw. I think the top 3 teams are hazard, powell, and letcher. Then I think a group of 5 teams.  More than likely 2 of the top 3 are going to be in the same bracket. So that will make a difference.
Powell won't win the 56th district tournament. Mark it down. Unless Powell gets another lucky draw in the region, they will be one and done.
After watching every team…

1- Letcher
2- Hazard
3- Estill
4- Powell
5- Breathitt

The rest don’t really matter after that. But I think all 5 of those teams have an outside shot at winning region.
Hazard plays at Whitley tonight.

Depending on who Whitley throws, it might be a good gauge for Hazard. I’m sure they’ll be pitching there ace
Was looking at Hazard's schedule and man it is tough finishing out with Whitley tonight, North Laurel Thursday, Frederick Douglas Friday, and Dunbar Saturday.
I’d almost bet a few get cancelled.
Whitley run ruled Hazard tonight 11-1 in five innings.

Bargo threw for Whitley. Napier for Hazard
Hazard
Breathitt / Letcher
Powell
Estill

after that it's going to be hard for anyone else to get close