Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivek Ramaswamy: It Would Be ‘Fundamentally Uncourageous’ For Donald Trump To Refuse
I agree with Vivek. Donald Trump should be punished heavily in the polls if he elects not to participate in the Republican debates. Trump has a record to defend and refusing to face his competition and defend that record would make him look cowardly and weak, IMO.

BTW, I have watched several interviews of Vivek Ranaswamy and I have been very impressed. I would not hesitate to vote for the man for president or any other office. He is a very conservative, articulate, and a straight-talker who seems to be a "quick thinker." He will be a very worthy debate opponent, should Trump choose to accept the challenge.

Trump's lead in the polls will shrink once the campaigns heat up, but I believe his lead will evaporate very quickly if he is a no-show to a debate that includes DeSantis and Ramaswamy. Allowing every debate participant to take their best shots at Trump as he dodges debates would be a huge mistake on Trump's part.

Quote:Vivek Ramaswamy: It Would Be ‘Fundamentally Uncourageous’ For Donald Trump To Refuse To Debate

“I think it would be fundamentally uncourageous for Donald Trump to refuse to debate. And I’m not going to let him get away with that very easily because we are the party that should be unafraid of open debate. And I’ll tell you this, I think a big mistake electorally for him not to do that. I don’t think our base wants somebody who’s uncourageous and duck’s debate. That’s part of what made Trump successful in 2015, is that he was unafraid and he took to task the incumbents on the debate stage.”
LOL

Trump is the master of his domain and his domain is the GOP. Trump is not the least worried by some Ramaswampy. Trump is your nominee. He can just sit on the side and revel in his multiple indictments, knowing that he will be the runaway winner on the GOP side. A President Ramaswamamama is just as far-fetched as a President Gibson. Trump doesn't even know you, Hoot, but he's already telling you to kiss his @zz.
(05-05-2023, 03:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: LOL

Trump is the master of his domain and his domain is the GOP.  Trump is not the least worried by some Ramaswampy.  Trump is your nominee. He can just sit on the side and revel in his multiple indictments, knowing that he will be the runaway winner on the GOP side. A President Ramaswamamama is just as far-fetched as a President Gibson.  Trump doesn't even know you, Hoot, but he's already telling you to kiss his @zz.
Watching you post as an expert on politics and making silly predictions never gets old. I agree that Vivek is a longshot to land the nomination but I suspect that he is in the race to build his name recognition. He is smart enough and articulate enough to put Trump on his heels.

Trump can't afford to duck debates while everybody else is tag teaming him in the court of public opinion. Jeb Bush was a show-in at this point in the 2016 campaign. Early polls make fools of the experts in most presidential elections. Pretend experts fare even worse.
I won't vote for Trump is he skips debates. Only Democrats are stupid enough to vote for somebody who hides in their basement the whole year before the election.
This guy appears to be way too radical. Why on earth can't the GOP come up with a candidate who is middle of the road, like most Americans are? Surely one of the two parties can come up with viable candidates. Scott and Yougkin may have potential for the GOP, don't see anyone for the Dems.
(05-07-2023, 10:32 PM)The Outsider Wrote: This guy appears to be way too radical.  Why on earth can't the GOP come up with a candidate who is middle of the road, like most Americans are?  Surely one of the two parties can come up with viable candidates.  Scott and Yougkin may have potential for the GOP, don't see anyone for the Dems.
Spoken like a true fake Republican. There is nothing radical about Ramaswamy. If he continues to pick up support, Trump will attempt to smear him as being too liberal. A real Republican would be able to accurately peg Ramaswarmy as a traditional conservative and an amazing example of a young man who is living the American dream.
(05-07-2023, 10:32 PM)The Outsider Wrote: This guy appears to be way too radical.  Why on earth can't the GOP come up with a candidate who is middle of the road, like most Americans are?  Surely one of the two parties can come up with viable candidates.  Scott and Yougkin may have potential for the GOP, don't see anyone for the Dems.

Ignorant low-information Dems stick out like a sore thumb. Lazy and dumb name calling and fake labels. Vivek is not remotely radical, just the opposite. But I'm all ears OSH...oops Outsider (wink wink), please tell us what policies Vivek has you find to be radical? Crickets coming, the lib won't engage in any discussion about issues...SSDD...

To be clear, this guy knows nothing.
(05-07-2023, 11:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Spoken like a true fake Republican. There is nothing radical about Ramaswamy. If he continues to pick up support, Trump will attempt to smear him as being too liberal. A real Republican would be able to accurately peg Ramaswarmy as a traditional conservative and an amazing example of a young man who is living the American dream.

Someone who wants to strip some powers from Congress to give unprecedented power to the President/himself, if vowing to use the military for civil law enforcement and wants to get rid of all teacher unions may be considered a bit extreme for most Americans.  Although we seem to be progressing quickly to that type of Government instead of a Democracy.
(05-08-2023, 10:58 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

Someone who wants to strip some powers from Congress to give unprecedented power to the President/himself, if vowing to use the military for civil law enforcement and wants to get rid of all teacher unions may be considered a bit extreme for most Americans.  Although we seem to be progressing quickly to that type of Government instead of a Democracy.

What powers is he stripping from Congress? How many executive orders has Biden done? 
Military should be used in civil law enforcement since Dems have demolished police in Dem sh!thole lawless cities.
And teachers' unions are evil, most folks know it.

You make V's points for him against radicals.
(05-08-2023, 11:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

What powers is he stripping from Congress? How many executive orders has Biden done? 
Military should be used in civil law enforcement since Dems have demolished police in Dem sh!thole lawless cities.

The fake Republican may be referring to V's proposal to deploy American troops to our southern border. I think defending our borders from invading hordes of foreigners is exactly the kind of national defense that our Founding Fathers would have unanimously endorsed. Teacher unions did their best to shutdown public schools during the pandemic, despite the fact that school children were the least susceptible to serious COVID infections. More people are waking up to the evil nature of the Democrat Party every day.

Oklahoma's governor just signed a bill to remove taxpayer support for PBS in his state, in part because of the drag queen story times aired on the PBS channels. Radicals like the BGR twin trolls have pushed the pendulum as far to the left as possible and it has already beginning to move back toward the center. It is time to strip NPR and PBS of all public funding.
(05-09-2023, 12:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The fake Republican may be referring to V's proposal to deploy American troops to our southern border. I think defending our borders from invading hordes of foreigners is exactly the kind of national defense that our Founding Fathers would have unanimously endorsed. Teacher unions did their best to shutdown public schools during the pandemic, despite the fact that school children were the least susceptible to serious COVID infections. More people are waking up to the evil nature of the Democrat Party every day.

Oklahoma's governor just signed a bill to remove taxpayer support for PBS in his state, in part because of the drag queen story times aired on the PBS channels. Radicals like the BGR twin trolls have pushed the pendulum as far to the left as possible and it has already beginning to move back toward the center. It is time to strip NPR and PBS of all public funding.

I think you are right. So he thinks "vowing to use the military for civil law enforcement" on our border is radical, but NO enforcement of our laws and open borders is not radical. Totally on brand. LOL.
(05-03-2023, 12:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with Vivek. Donald Trump should be punished heavily in the polls if he elects not to participate in the Republican debates. Trump has a record to defend and refusing to face his competition and defend that record would make him look cowardly and weak, IMO.

BTW, I have watched several interviews of Vivek Ranaswamy and I have been very impressed. I would not hesitate to vote for the man for president or any other office. He is a very conservative, articulate, and a straight-talker who seems to be a "quick thinker." He will be a very worthy debate opponent, should Trump choose to accept the challenge.

Trump's lead in the polls will shrink once the campaigns heat up, but I believe his lead will evaporate very quickly if he is a no-show to a debate that includes DeSantis and Ramaswamy. Allowing every debate participant to take their best shots at Trump as he dodges debates would be a huge mistake on Trump's part.

Quote:Vivek Ramaswamy: It Would Be ‘Fundamentally Uncourageous’ For Donald Trump To Refuse To Debate

“I think it would be fundamentally uncourageous for Donald Trump to refuse to debate. And I’m not going to let him get away with that very easily because we are the party that should be unafraid of open debate. And I’ll tell you this, I think a big mistake electorally for him not to do that. I don’t think our base wants somebody who’s uncourageous and duck’s debate. That’s part of what made Trump successful in 2015, is that he was unafraid and he took to task the incumbents on the debate stage.”

^^^ One of THE shallowest understatements I have seen lately, and that's saying something.

Trump was the lone contender among the 17 or so vying for the nomination in 2015 to actually have the courage to say what everybody else was thinking. He was and is still the Lone Ranger where it comes to taking on political correctness. And that default posture has carried him through daily impromptu press conferences, baloney CV-19 ridiculousness from Fauci and corps, and the daily false charges that came his way from the left. Charges which BTW,  still fly about daily. I predict Trump will defend his record and he will be at the debates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-10-2023, 06:40 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 12:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I agree with Vivek. Donald Trump should be punished heavily in the polls if he elects not to participate in the Republican debates. Trump has a record to defend and refusing to face his competition and defend that record would make him look cowardly and weak, IMO.

^^^ One of THE shallowest understatements I have seen lately, and that's saying something.

Trump was the lone contender among the 17 or so vying for the nomination in 2015 to actually have the courage to say what everybody else was thinking. He was and is still the Lone Ranger where it comes to taking on political correctness. And that default posture has carried him through daily impromptu press conferences, baloney CV-19 ridiculousness from Fauci and corps, and the daily false charges that came his way from the left. Charges which BTW,  still fly about daily. I predict Trump will defend his record and he will be at the debates.
Trump also ran one of the most dishonest, childish, and sleeziest primary campaigns in history. I supported and defended Trump for more than 4 years and I will continue to defend him against the organized criminal attacks from the left. However, he ran against the two worst Democrat candidates in history, and at best, he eked out to narrow wins. All of the factors that made him a weak candidate in the general elections are still there, except he has racked up a couple of big setbacks on the legal front that may not matter in the primaries but will certainly be important to many independent voters. As a man who stood behind Anthony Fauci month after month, Trump is also in a pandemic position that is going to be very difficult to defend.

Republicans can and should do better than Donald Trump in 2024. I hope that Trump runs a real campaign and ditches the childish nicknames and outlandish lies during this campaign. Voters deserve better than a choice between Biden and Trump again.
I agree with most of this but all the lies and smears and fake news and fake promises coming from the liberal Dems, how much chance would a Republican have being brutally honest. Less than zero. However sleazy Trump was, wasn't a fraction of the dishonest sh!t he was up against. Get with the program guys or be prepared to hand it all over to evil Dems.
(05-11-2023, 12:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I agree with most of this but all the lies and smears and fake news and fake promises coming from the liberal Dems, how much chance would a Republican have being brutally honest. Less than zero. However sleazy Trump was, wasn't a fraction of the dishonest sh!t he was up against. Get with the program guys or be prepared to hand it all over to evil Dems.
I wasn't talking about the general election. Trump wasn't responding to Democrats when he started slingling slime at his Republican opponents in 2016 with ingenuous names like Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, etc. He wasn't responding to a Democrat attack when he accused Cruz's father of hanging out with Lee Harvey Oswald before he assassinated JFK. The truth is that Trump was incapable of winning an actual debate and did the equivalent of tipping the chess board and declaring himself the winner.

I have never understood why Democrats were so scared of Trump, nor do I understand why they are saddling themselves with idiots like Hillary and Biden. It really is as if they want somebody with the lowest possible IQ and no ethical qualms in the Oval Office so that they can control him.

I will vote for Trump if he gets the nomination but I am really fed up with his antics and if Republicans nominate him again after his pitiful performance in two general elections, then this country deserves what is coming. There are at least 200 million people eligible to serve as president in this country and if Trump and Biden are the best that we can do, then this nation does not have a very bright future.

I am not equating Biden to Trump. Biden is a traitor and a dimwit with dementia. Trump is a relatively intelligent egotistic individual and I consider him a patriot despite his obvious personality flaws. But he is too old to be running for another term as POTUS. I believe that a lot of people who say that they would vote for Trump over Biden feel exactly the way that I do. We want a better alternative to Biden but if there is no other choice on the table, then we will be forced to settle again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Patriot1
Unfortunately, we are always forced to settle.
If it was DeSantis or V running against RFK Jr in 2024, I would be very excited about the future. But the establishment on both sides and the totally corrupt propaganda media will never allow it. Sad state of affairs in this late stage failing empire.
(05-11-2023, 01:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Unfortunately, we are always forced to settle.
If it was DeSantis or V running against RFK Jr in 2024, I would be very excited about the future. But the establishment on both sides and the totally corrupt propaganda media will never allow it. Sad state of affairs in this late stage failing empire.
I completely agree. We no longer live in a society that remotely resembles a meritocracy. I like V a lot but I don't like his chances of winning the nomination in 2024. It will be a great day if this country every gets back to selecting nominees who have not yet turned 70.

Part of V.R.'s Ivy League education was paid for through a Soros-affiliated organization, which is why I expect Trump to attack him as a closet liberal Soros puppet if he gets any traction. I don't know anybody who would have turned down scholarship money when they were attending college because of the donors' political beliefs. I know that I would not have given it a second thought when I was in my 20s.

1. He wants to take away the power Congress has to determine how much money is to be spent. 
2. It's against the law to use the military in this manner.
3. Taking away people's rights, such as being able to be represented by a Union, is another example of how we are moving away from Democracy.

Do you agree with his position of taking voting rights away from 18-24 year olds? If so, see #3 above. What do you think his real reason is for proposing this?
^Accepting the Oscar for the worst portrayal of a Republican on behalf of Mr. Outsider is...

I've spent some more time listening to Vivek and at this point, he has my full support. I have found that I very strongly agree with him on almost every issue. I think that it is a rare event when he finds himself in a building where he is not its smartest occupant. He is delivering the most positive message to potential voters of any Republican candidate since Reagan.

Predictably, the Trump campaign is saying nice things about Ramaswamy for now because they think he may syphon some support from DeSantis. Vivek is smart enough to recognize a deadly snake when he sees one. I am sure that he knows what kind of slimey campaign awaits him if he becomes a political threat to Trump and yet he is running a campaign that he will probably lose.

[Video: ]
Trump is praising V because he doesn’t see him as a threat. If and when he ever does it will get very ugly.
I’m now at DeSantis first V second and Trump only if he is nominated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I have V. at the top of my list followed by DeSantis and Trump just above Asa Hutchinson, who is last on my list. 

I think that it may be a good thing if Trump dodges the debates. It would be stupid on Trump's part, but allowing a real Republican debate instead of a circus act might be doing the country a service. If Trump does skip the first debate and his lead in the polls slips, then he will look desperate when he tries to jump into a future debate.
I am going to predict here that if Vivek Ramaswamy gains any significant support during the Republican primary season, Trump will smear him as a "Soros Fellow." I have already seen a Trump supporter on a conservative website post the smear. I had assumed that Ramaswamy had accepted funding for his college education from an organization affiliated with George Soros, but I was wrong.

Ramaswamy was a Soros Fellow, but the organization that partially funded his Ivy League education was founded by Paul Soros and his wife. As far as I can tell, Paul Soros was a Democrat, who donated relatively modest amounts (for a multi-millionaire) to mostly Democrat candidates, but also to at least a couple of Republicans, including John McCain. 

Paul Soros was the older brother of George Soros but his net worth was much lower than his younger brother's and he was never accused of criminal acts.

The criteria for receiving the fellowship that Ramaswamy received was as follows:

Quote:The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans program uses three primary criteria for selection of Fellows:
  1. The candidate has demonstrated [i]creativity, originality and initiative[/i] in one or more aspects of her/his life.
  2. The candidate has demonstrated a commitment to and capacity for accomplishment that has required drive and sustained effort.
  3. The candidate has demonstrated a commitment to the values expressed in the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. This would include, but not be limited to, support of human rights and the rule of law, opposition to unwarranted encroachment on personal liberty, and advancing the responsibilities of citizenship in a free society.
In addition, the program considers two further criteria:
  1. The candidate gives promise of continued significant contributions. Those contributions are likely to reflect distinctive creativity, originality and initiative and will mark the candidate as a leading and influential figure within her/his fields of endeavor.
  2. The candidate's graduate training is relevant to her/his long-term career goals and is of potential value in enhancing her/his future creativity and accomplishment.

The bottom line is that Paul Soros was not the radical left wing kook that his little brother is and to smear Ramaswamy as a "Soros Fellow" without context is literally using the truth to deceive.
The results of this poll are an outlier but I sense that Ramaswamy's campaign is gaining momentum at a rapid rate. This guy is the smartest guy running for president, by a wide margin, and he is absolutely fearless compared to his opponents. I watched him go toe-to-toe with black Youtuber "Charlemagne the God" and his racist crew on The Breakfast Club. Not only did he embarrass the racist interviewers, but well over 90 percent of the comments on the Breakfast Club's own Youtube page were very positive. 

Ramaswamy has pledged to pardon Trump on his first day as president and has challenged the other GOP candidates to either make the same pledge or explain why they refuse to make the pledge. It would be easy to dismiss Ramaswamy as a candidate for VP, but I think that he is actually making it very difficult for Trump to attack him without Trump damaging his own campaign. I don't think that Ramaswamy has any interest in being part of a Trump ticket.

Remember, in 2016, Jeb Bush was firmly in first place in the polls. This campaign is just beginning. IMO, Ramaswamy is the best candidate in the field. He will appeal to true conservatives and he will appeal to independents as well. He is not afraid to debate anybody, anytime, and he is very persuasive. I love that he speaks without a teleprompter and he does not use the vocabulary and insults of a second-grader.

Quote:Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary

Anti-woke businessman Vivek Ramaswamy broke into double digits in the Republican primary race, the latest Echelon Insights survey found.

Similar to other national surveys, the poll finds former President Donald Trump with a strong lead in the primary race at 49 percent support. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis falls 33 points behind with 16 percent support. Ramaswamy comes in a close third place at ten percent support, just six points behind DeSantis, making him the only other candidate to break into double-digit territory.

No other candidate comes close to double digits, as former Vice President Mike Pence and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley tie with five percent support. South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott sees four percent support, followed by former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie with two percent and North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, both of whom garner one percent support.

It appears Ramaswamy comes in third place in battleground states as well. Trump leads in battleground states with a majority of support, 56 percent, followed by DeSantis with 22 percent support and Ramaswamy with seven percent.
This guy is looking better as a viable candidate as time goes along...
(07-11-2023, 10:42 PM)The Outsider Wrote: This guy is looking better as a viable candidate as time goes along...

Trump will crush Smarmyswamy 48% to 6% with both hands in cuffs. Anyone who thinks Swarmy has even the most remote chance of securing  the nomination has ZERO political instincts!!
(07-26-2023, 02:04 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(07-11-2023, 10:42 PM)The Outsider Wrote: This guy is looking better as a viable candidate as time goes along...

Trump will crush Smarmyswamy 48% to 6% with both hands in cuffs. Anyone who thinks Swarmy has even the most remote chance of securing  the nomination has ZERO political instincts!!
Back with another political prediction?  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Never has one individual been consistently wrong in the history of this forum. How ironic that you would try to tag anybody with the label of ZERO political instincts!

No, Ramaswamy will not likely win the Republican nomination, but aside from Trump, he will have the biggest impact on the primary campaign by a wide margin. The biggest question is whether Trump will be shamed into participating in a debate with Vivek. Religious bigots, and I include most atheists in that camp, will probably deny the most qualified candidate the nomination, but he will still have a huge impact on the campaign.

Unlike most politicians running for office, Ramaswamy will not pretend to be a Christian to get the votes of people who would rather vote for an immoral candidate claiming to be "one of them." Instead, he focuses on the traditional family values shared by Christians and Hindus, while giving due credit to the mostly Christian founders of this nation.

The campaign has barely begun and Vivek has already climbed to third place in national polls and he is trending sharply upward, so your 6% prediction is already looking like another one of your failed attempts to portray yourself as an expert.

You're right that he can't beat Trump due to his cult following, although I believe that he has a better chance of beating Biden than Trump does.  Trump will never get more than 43% or so of the vote, so unless there is a 3rd Party that draws vote from the Dems, Biden will win.  It's really simple math.
(08-05-2023, 04:39 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

You're right that he can't beat Trump due to his cult following, although I believe that he has a better chance of beating Biden than Trump does.  Trump will never get more than 43% or so of the vote, so unless there is a 3rd Party that draws vote from the Dems, Biden will win.  It's really simple math.
I disagree. Trump v. Biden will be fairly close, even if Trump is behind bars. He'll still get his 73-75 million votes.  Swamy wouldn't sniff the nomination even if Trump was euthanized.

And let's be real here and get down to the brass tacks. The true white supremacist faction of the GOP isn’t going to vote for a guy with brown skin and a funny name. Zero chance...
(08-07-2023, 12:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 04:39 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

I disagree. Trump v. Biden will be fairly close, even if Trump is behind bars. He'll still get his 73-75 million votes.  Swamy wouldn't sniff the nomination even if Trump was euthanized.

And let's be real here and get down to the brass tacks.  The true white supremacist faction of the GOP isn’t going to vote for a guy with brown skin and a funny name.  Zero chance...
I disagree. True white supremacist faction of the Democrat party voted for a black guy with a funny name twice.