•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Red Devils 2008
RedDevil_TE Wrote:ha no doubt that would be incredible....Did Belfry lose anyone?

HB/LB Dustin May (1st team All-State)
TE/DE Adam Bowens
DT Phillip Hickman
SE/CB Ryan Preston
S John Young
K Glenn Earnest....

In other words... some quality players, but not very much at all. Belfry will be outstanding this year. What Belfry returns:

QB/CB Andrew Elkins- 3 year starter at both positions.

HB/DE Ivan Lee- 1300+ yard rusher and All-State selection on defense where he will be a 3 year starter

FB/LB Charlie Dotson- Ran for 100 yards against Breathitt in State-Semi's, 3-year starter at LB, one of the best in EKY.

TE/DT Corey Coleman- Started both sides of the ball

NG/OG Randy Webb- Started both sides of the ball

Aside from Webb, Belfry returns their entire dominating O-line minus OT Jimbo Stanley

They also return FS/HB/KR/PR/P Thomas Varney on defense and ATH Timmy Lovern who saw considerable action at HB/SE/CB/KR/PR last season... not a bad core of players who went 14-1 and outscored their opponents 627-202 last year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HB/LB Dustin May (1st team All-State)
TE/DE Adam Bowens
DT Phillip Hickman
SE/CB Ryan Preston
S John Young
K Glenn Earnest....

In other words... some quality players, but not very much at all. Belfry will be outstanding this year. What Belfry returns:

QB/CB Andrew Elkins- 3 year starter at both positions.

HB/DE Ivan Lee- 1300+ yard rusher and All-State selection on defense where he will be a 3 year starter

FB/LB Charlie Dotson- Ran for 100 yards against Breathitt in State-Semi's, 3-year starter at LB, one of the best in EKY.

TE/DT Corey Coleman- Started both sides of the ball

NG/OG Randy Webb- Started both sides of the ball

Aside from Webb, Belfry returns their entire dominating O-line minus OT Jimbo Stanley

They also return FS/HB/KR/PR/P Thomas Varney on defense and ATH Timmy Lovern who saw considerable action at HB/SE/CB/KR/PR last season... not a bad core of players who went 14-1 and outscored their opponents 627-202 last year.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Russell vs Belfry in Rd1 of the playoffs!:lmao:
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Russell vs Belfry in Rd1 of the playoffs!:lmao:
@Russell!Big Grin
1 plays 4, unless Belfry is number 4 in their district or we are I dont see this happening in the first round. 3rd round -YES.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:1 plays 4, unless Belfry is number 4 in their district or we are I dont see this happening in the first round. 3rd round -YES.
It was a joke Devilologist....Smile
Sorry it was late and I did not get it. When you have to draw a picture of the punch line,,,,well,,,,,,,,it is just not as funny anymore.......Man I must have been tired...
OH HAHAHAHA,, that was a good one,,,,(knee slap) !!!!!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Sorry it was late and I did not get it. When you have to draw a picture of the punch line,,,,well,,,,,,,,it is just not as funny anymore.......Man I must have been tired...
OH HAHAHAHA,, that was a good one,,,,(knee slap) !!!!!!
Sounds like someone needs a vacation.Wink
DevilsWin Wrote:Sounds like someone needs a vacation.Wink

What are you talking about he is on vacation.. its the off season man..Devilologist your vacation is coming to an end! haha!!
Yes Brother and I can not wait to get started... I can not wait to see the DEVILS tear up the comp this year too. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lmao
even with adam bates getting hurt...russell will have a very strong running game this year...no need to pass the ball
Dont be surprised to see him actual playing in September. If not in late August.... ANd yes the DEVILS should be very powerful and fast this year. Favored in the District, and i can see them doing very well this year. If Adam does not get to start, the back up is no SLOUCH by any means. That would prolly be Will Rice, staring linebacker last year as a Soph. lead the team in tackles as a Sophomore too. I think we should be okay with whoever is back there. But Adam is my first pick.
Does Russell have any games this year against any Ohio teams? I hear a lot of Ironton fans from another board are chomping at the bits to play the Red Devils again.

They claim years of domination over Russell but thats hard to believe with the program that Russell has.
kybaseball Wrote:Does Russell have any games this year against any Ohio teams? I hear a lot of Ironton fans from another board are chomping at the bits to play the Red Devils again.

They claim years of domination over Russell but thats hard to believe with the program that Russell has.

Nothing on the schedule for 08 but 09 is a possibility.

There were years of domination against most teams but when Coach Lutz left the program has declined. If I recall correctly they were mediocre at best the last couple of years.
kybaseball Wrote:Does Russell have any games this year against any Ohio teams? I hear a lot of Ironton fans from another board are chomping at the bits to play the Red Devils again.

Russell and Ironton will begin playing each other again in 09.
Midee1 Wrote:Nothing on the schedule for 08 but 09 is a possibility.

There were years of domination against most teams but when Coach Lutz left the program has declined. If I recall correctly they were mediocre at best the last couple of years.
Those "Mediocre" teams never have any trouble with Ashland, Belfry or anyone else on this side of the river.

Russell vs Ironton was always a big gate but not much of a game. Reason being that Ironton is more like the Lawrence Co. All-stars.
DevilsWin Wrote:Those "Mediocre" teams never have any trouble with Ashland, Belfry or anyone else on this side of the river.

Russell vs Ironton was always a big gate but not much of a game. Reason being that Ironton is more like the Lawrence Co. All-stars.

I thought they had lousy records the past couple of years.
Midee1 Wrote:I thought they had lousy records the past couple of years.

Upon doing some research about Ironton I ran across this information.

Paul Blazer
Ironton leads the series 41-28-3

Belfry
Ironton leads the series 12-1

Boyd Co
Ironton leads the series 9-1

Greenup Co
Ironton leads the series 8-0

Lawrence Co
Ironton leads the series 2-0

Raceland

Russell
Ironton leads the series 20-3-1

Looks like Ironton leads the series of area teams at 94-33-4
Midee1 Wrote:Upon doing some research about Ironton I ran across this information.

Paul Blazer
Ironton leads the series 41-28-3

Belfry
Ironton leads the series 12-1

Boyd Co
Ironton leads the series 9-1

Greenup Co
Ironton leads the series 8-0

Lawrence Co

Raceland

Russell
Ironton leads the series 20-3-1

Looks like Ironton leads the series of area teams at 94-33-4

Like I said, The Lawrence County OH All-Stars!!!Smile
Does Ironton do a lot of recruiting?

It's still hard to believe they beat down KY teams like that.They always brag about it i see why now.

I think Russell will change some of that in 09.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Dont be surprised to see him actual playing in September. If not in late August.... ANd yes the DEVILS should be very powerful and fast this year. Favored in the District, and i can see them doing very well this year. If Adam does not get to start, the back up is no SLOUCH by any means. That would prolly be Will Rice, staring linebacker last year as a Soph. lead the team in tackles as a Sophomore too. I think we should be okay with whoever is back there. But Adam is my first pick.

There is no way adam will be able to play...remember mickey brown? adams is alot worse than his, and it took mickey forever to recover, let alone he still cant walk right without a limp, this is a serious injurt and i doubt we will see him next season as much as i hate to say it.
UH,,,I remember MIckey Brown very well. MIckey had complications with compartment syndrome with his injury that required it to be OPEN, plus Mickey's leg was demolished with tendon and ligament damage let alone the bone injuries envolved. Adam has a fracture that prolly has been fixed by the time I post this if he had his surgery today. I know that the doctor said himself that if things go well with the surgery ADAM could start putting weight on his leg IMMEDIATELY
Beleve me when I tell you that it is better to have a break than have tendon and ligamen damage. His bone will heel with the metal rod inside the bone. The rod will make the leg stronger than ever once it is healed. Yea I may go out on a limb here but Not only is his injury NOT as bad Mickeys but he will carry the ball this year......
Midee1 Wrote:Nothing on the schedule for 08 but 09 is a possibility.

Lutz is still coaching.
kybaseball Wrote:Lutz is still coaching.

But he just came back last year I believe, He had left the program for a while.
Can anyone tell me what they think the starting line up will be this year? Is it to early?
Where did all the Russell fans go!??
Dead period brother.. no football for 2 weeks. Thats where the fans are at.....
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Dead period brother.. no football for 2 weeks. Thats where the fans are at.....

How is Adam doing?
Heard that he should play around late August.... he has PT every week and from what i hear is doing remarkably WELL.
sore_looser Wrote:Can anyone tell me what they think the starting line up will be this year? Is it to early?
Too early to tell.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next