Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee 52 Kentucky 50 -- 4OT
Well it's been nearly 24 hours since the heartbreak and I am still not over this game. I've seen UK 8 times in my life and have yet to see them win a game and last night was by far the closest I have ever seen them get to a win. I have been through all the ups and downs as a UK fan over the years and not seeing them win in person really sucks and last night was the best oppurtunity ever for the streak to end. Blown chances and turnovers, and not being able to capitalize off UT turnovers is what killed us more than anything. I can say right now I never had a feeling like I had when Seiber was going for the win in the 2nd overtime. Me, my friend and his uncle ran all the way down from the top of the stadium to the bottom to get ready to storm the field, then the kick was blocked, it was like we had witnessed death the place went dead. Then the feeling when Woodson didn't convert the 2 point conversion was horrible. Like always they found a way to lose more than once in this occasion. Hats off to all the players on both teams they gave everything they had and left it out on the field and you couldn't ask for anything more. Seeing a game like that on TV is one thing, but to witness a game such as this one live, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I will never forget it, I will remember every little detail, every play and everything that happened. For the seniors, I really hated to see them end their career the way that ended on their homefield the way it did. Yeah sure we still have a bowl game to look forward to and thats awesome, but this game will always haunt them for the rest of their days and a lot of fans as well, including myself. I was going to post something a little later this week or weeks from now, lol but I figured what the heck. Unbelieveable game and atmosphere, and I also hate Tennessee with a burning passion deep down inside my heart and soul!!
It hurts so bad.
Watch the replay. Woodson *****-footed around on the last play when he could have ran to the corner of the endzone for the win. He was either just wanting to end it or he was really scared.
Uncle Buck Wrote:David got trucked, then took out the RB's knees to save the game, then got smoked on 1st and 10 from the 40 to give up the game winning TD in the 4th OT. Cats had it but I knew that they would find a way to lose the game. Maybe next year.

Zone coverage... Dave played his assignment, he covered his man while he was in the zone and successfully passed him back to where the safety should be, but alas, the safety was out of posiiton.
-STAT- Wrote:Well it's been nearly 24 hours since the heartbreak and I am still not over this game. I've seen UK 8 times in my life and have yet to see them win a game and last night was by far the closest I have ever seen them get to a win. I have been through all the ups and downs as a UK fan over the years and not seeing them win in person really sucks and last night was the best oppurtunity ever for the streak to end. Blown chances and turnovers, and not being able to capitalize off UT turnovers is what killed us more than anything. I can say right now I never had a feeling like I had when Seiber was going for the win in the 2nd overtime. Me, my friend and his uncle ran all the way down from the top of the stadium to the bottom to get ready to storm the field, then the kick was blocked, it was like we had witnessed death the place went dead. Then the feeling when Woodson didn't convert the 2 point conversion was horrible. Like always they found a way to lose more than once in this occasion. Hats off to all the players on both teams they gave everything they had and left it out on the field and you couldn't ask for anything more. Seeing a game like that on TV is one thing, but to witness a game such as this one live, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I will never forget it, I will remember every little detail, every play and everything that happened. For the seniors, I really hated to see them end their career the way that ended on their homefield the way it did. Yeah sure we still have a bowl game to look forward to and thats awesome, but this game will always haunt them for the rest of their days and a lot of fans as well, including myself. I was going to post something a little later this week or weeks from now, lol but I figured what the heck. Unbelieveable game and atmosphere, and I also hate Tennessee with a burning passion deep down inside my heart and soul!!
Don't know if it can beet the feeling in the stadium after the LSU game that we all remember so fondly. There were people crying all around me after that catch was made.

Even though the game didn't end in the way we all wanted, you made a good point that even with the loss, the atmosphere is so amazing that the game was worth it. That is what college football is all about. Kids playing their hearts out, representing their school and most of the time their whole state, and in the end, leaving everything out there on the field. I don't think we could have asked for more from these men and coaches on both teams.

I have yet to be to any games this year (bowl game will keep my 15 year streak alive) but have had many in person experiences of the ups -- Alabama in the late 90s, Couch's career, and the UGA game last year to name a few -- as well as many of the heart-breakers -- the 7OT game against Arkansas and the LSU fiasco. Nothing beats a great college football game. Win or Lose!

And -STAT-, please for the love of God, stay away from Commonwealth Stadium!!! You are nothing but bad luck!!!! :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coach Cline Wrote:Watch the replay. Woodson *****-footed around on the last play when he could have ran to the corner of the endzone for the win. He was either just wanting to end it or he was really scared.
From watching the replays, it doesn't look like Woodson would have had a chance to make it to the endzone. Can't see who was open, but there were 3-4 UT players right in front of Woodson at the 1 yard line. And we all know he isn't the best runner in the league.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I thought for sure that we was gonna win that game!! When we had the ball at the 1 with 8 seconds left, I thought Andre was gonna win another one for us. But when he overthrew Keenan, I got this bad feeling. And when we had that kicked blocked, I had a worse feeling. And when they scored that 40 touchdown, I knew it had finally come. We had lost!! I hate to say that but thats how it was.
haha, your not the first to say that, lol I swear its a curse! But I said if they win I will never go back to another, but there will always be one more game for me to go to, lol.

Beef Wrote:Don't know if it can beet the feeling in the stadium after the LSU game that we all remember so fondly. There were people crying all around me after that catch was made.

Even though the game didn't end in the way we all wanted, you made a good point that even with the loss, the atmosphere is so amazing that the game was worth it. That is what college football is all about. Kids playing their hearts out, representing their school and most of the time their whole state, and in the end, leaving everything out there on the field. I don't think we could have asked for more from these men and coaches on both teams.

I have yet to be to any games this year (bowl game will keep my 15 year streak alive) but have had many in person experiences of the ups -- Alabama in the late 90s, Couch's career, and the UGA game last year to name a few -- as well as many of the heart-breakers -- the 7OT game against Arkansas and the LSU fiasco. Nothing beats a great college football game. Win or Lose!

And -STAT-, please for the love of God, stay away from Commonwealth Stadium!!! You are nothing but bad luck!!!! :mad:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Zone coverage... Dave played his assignment, he covered his man while he was in the zone and successfully passed him back to where the safety should be, but alas, the safety was out of posiiton.

Looked like Cover 2 and the slot reciever went deep so the safety had to take him. Jones should have stayed over top of the first reciever. That is just what I remember, it may not be right. Didn't they send two deep?
I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I couldn't have been more correct on my prediction. Except for Kentucky leading the whole game, my prediction was pretty good. Here it is.

BCF4L Wrote:I say Tennessee wins. There is just something about Florida and Tennessee that Kentucky just can't handle. This year was the best chance of beating Florida in a long time, but were unable to do it. Same goes for Tennessee. Kentucky will probably have the lead most of the game, but another bluegrass miracle will happen and UK will fall short by 2.
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, there's very little chance that UK doesn't get into a bowl game. Consider:

UK sits at 7-5 in the SEC, which has 8 guaranteed bowl spots. Georgia winning today practically assures them and the SEC of a second BCS berth, which gives the SEC nine spots. The SEC has 10 bowl-eligible teams, but of those ten Alabama and South Carolina only have 6 wins presently, which should put them behind UK in the pecking order. If by some chance both teams win tonight and give the league 10 teams with at least 7 wins, there is a chance they could be the odd team out, although I suspect UK and Andre Woodson would be a more attractive team for a bowl than Mississippi State. Finally, if they did get left out of the SEC bowls, they would probably be the first team picked for an at-large bowl if other conferences don't fill their allotments. Again, a bowl could not pick a 6-6 team for an at-large berth over the 7-5 Wildcats.

well i was looking at the quality wins Carolina had more than us Bama however not so much. But with both of them losing we have one for sure now its just a matter of who wants us crazy Kentucky fans lol. Who ever doesnt just knows they cant take the hype lol.
HazzBeen Wrote:Looked like Cover 2 and the slot reciever went deep so the safety had to take him. Jones should have stayed over top of the first reciever. That is just what I remember, it may not be right. Didn't they send two deep?

one went deep on the left side of the field and one went deep on the right side while you had the hook to the left side and a screen and a slant to the right. I think that is how is was. however David played his assignment. He released the deep route to cover the short route the only problem was two more player bit on the hook leaving alas one on one and he did not pick the guy out. So idk no need to point fingers.
UK in the past few years has played some of the best football games that anyone has ever seen, unfortunetly we have let the opponents of the hook. Saturday was no different. UK, after making a great comeback, was givin the game on a silver platter only to squander it away like they have so many times in the past. And they did it twice this time.
I am tired of gettin beat like this.
Too Good Wrote:Woodson has to get rid of the ball, BURTON WAS SOOOOO OPEN IN OT!!!
yes he was!!
I Hate Tennessee.
Too Good Wrote:Woodson has to get rid of the ball, BURTON WAS SOOOOO OPEN IN OT!!!

I agree Woodson isnt fast enough or strong enough to run 10 yds into the endzone with 3 or so defenders around him
Woodson's problem isn't his physical or athletic ability.

He just isn't very good at making quick decisions. That's why he took so many sacks.

I'll be surprised if he gets drafted to the NFL.
if kentucky gets into the Music City Bowl, how far would that be from pikeville to there. I know its in Tennessee. BUt Thinking bout making a trip down there, and on what day would it be?
Dec. 30 and I think it is about 6 hours if I remember correctly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah it's about a 6 hour drive, 4 if your in Lexington and isn't it on the 31st?

Beef Wrote:Dec. 30 and I think it is about 6 hours if I remember correctly.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'll be surprised if he gets drafted to the NFL.

He'll definitely get drafted. Maybe not as high as once thought but there's no way he goes undrafted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]