Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 7 @Whitley co 2
Final from Williamsburg in the 50th district championship! Helton pitched almost the entire game. Made it to the 7th before being pulled. Gave up 2 hits I believe not sure how many strike outs. 

Wc had bases loaded down 5 with 1 out and Corbin turned a double play to end the game.
Great performance by the Helton kid. He’s the only pitching Corbin has. They’ll need him again for the rematch if they both make it.

Got to be highly dissatisfied if you’re a Whitley fan. Hard to beat a team 4 times in a row. I’ve been calling it all year.
Good news is this wasn’t the important one
(05-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Do KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Great performance by the Helton kid. He’s the only pitching Corbin has. They’ll need him again for the rematch if they both make it.

Got to be highly dissatisfied if you’re a Whitley fan. Hard to beat a team 4 times in a row. I’ve been calling it all year.

you obviously haven’t watched them play, the Cima kid is as good of a pitcher as you will find in the 13th region, he is 7-1 in 8 starts and also J. Gilbert is 6-2 in 8 starts. I think Corbin is loaded with more talent than anyone in the region but Whitley has the best coach in the region. Sometimes talent is enough to overcome it like tonight and sometime it’s not.
(05-16-2023, 11:58 PM)fansville Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Do KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Great performance by the Helton kid. He’s the only pitching Corbin has. They’ll need him again for the rematch if they both make it.

you obviously haven’t watched them play, the Cima kid is as good of a pitcher as you will find in the 13th region, he is 7-1 in 8 starts and also J. Gilbert is 6-2 in 8 starts. I think Corbin is loaded with more talent than anyone in the region but Whitley has the best coach in the region. Sometimes talent is enough to overcome it like tonight and sometime it’s not.

They have no problem with cima. They also rocked Helton earlier in the year but the kid was just on fire tonight.

(05-17-2023, 12:18 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 11:58 PM)fansville Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 11:41 PM)Do KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Great performance by the Helton kid. He’s the only pitching Corbin has. They’ll need him again for the rematch if they both make it.

They have no problem with cima. They also rocked Helton earlier in the year but the kid was just on fire tonight.

And fyi, I called this loss all year. I’ve said Corbin would win either district or region but not both
Whitley is the best team, but it's not a tremendous difference. Corbin was due one after three losses and they got it. This game is still a tossup if they meet again but Whitley should win it next time.
(05-16-2023, 11:41 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Great performance by the Helton kid. He’s the only pitching Corbin has. They’ll need him again for the rematch if they both make it.

I'm a highly satisfied Colonel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • insideinfo
(05-17-2023, 12:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 11:41 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Great performance by the Helton kid. He’s the only pitching Corbin has. They’ll need him again for the rematch if they both make it.

I suspect many  Whitley fans are. You haven’t won much so this is better than the usual lol
This was the meeting that didn't really matter. Next time is the one that counts. Can't see anyone in the 13th derailing the potential fourth matchup of the season between these two.
(05-18-2023, 12:48 PM)dodger Wrote: This was the meeting that didn't really matter.  Next time is the one that counts.  Can't see anyone in the 13th derailing the potential fourth matchup of the season between these two.
It would be the 5th
whitleys won 3 to Corbin 1

(05-18-2023, 12:48 PM)dodger Wrote: This was the meeting that didn't really matter.  Next time is the one that counts.  Can't see anyone in the 13th derailing the potential fourth matchup of the season between these two.
It would be the 5th
whitleys won 3 to Corbin 1
(05-17-2023, 02:37 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 12:35 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I suspect many  Whitley fans are. You haven’t won much so this is better than the usual lol
I've won a lot Smile