Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 3 Powell County 2 (56th District)
Engineers win 56th district title. 

Niece started and picks up the win for Estill. Forehand comes in and closes the door.
I called it. PC stuggles hitting the ball, plus 5 errors doesn't help either.
PC is a tuff opponent for any Champ.
When’s the drawing?
Today at 11
Top half at PCC

Breathitt Vs PCC-5:30
Estill Vs KCC-7:30

Bottom Half at Hazard

Hazard Vs Wolfe- 6:00
LCC Vs Powell- 8:00
(05-19-2023, 12:42 PM)SourcesSay Wrote: Top half at PCC

Breathitt Vs PCC-5:30
Estill Vs KCC-7:30

Bottom Half at Hazard

Hazard Vs Wolfe- 6:00
LCC Vs Powell- 8:00
So they are playing games at Perry and Hazard? Thought district winner got to host like last year? That was a good setup.
It was a one time occurrence.
(05-18-2023, 09:08 PM)BaseballPirate Wrote: I called it. PC stuggles hitting the ball, plus 5 errors doesn't help either.

Yep. Why would you have an 8th grader batting 4th? They have no one else who can catch a ball at 1b? Senior in CF cost them some other games too. 

They have the talent.. just the decisions are mystifying.
(05-19-2023, 03:14 PM)fanbaseball07 Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 09:08 PM)BaseballPirate Wrote: I called it. PC stuggles hitting the ball, plus 5 errors doesn't help either.

Yep. Why would you have an 8th grader batting 4th? They have no one else who can catch a ball at 1b? Senior in CF cost them some other games too. 

The 8th grader is honestly probably the most consistent bat in the lineup right now. Probably should be leading off or hitting 2. The first base issue is not new, and the bat that is in that spot has underperformed as well…no real changes made. Also center field has also been an issue all year long in that certain lineup. Plenty of young athletes in that dugout, no changes made.

To be completely honest, for what this season will end up being this is possibly the most underperforming season I have witnessed. Given the talent on the team and available options in the dugout Powell just kept doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results. Never happens. Estill in the regular season was their best win all year.
(05-20-2023, 01:36 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:

The 8th grader is honestly probably the most consistent bat in the lineup right now. Probably should be leading off or hitting 2. The first base issue is not new, and the bat that is in that spot has underperformed as well…no real changes made. Also center field has also been an issue all year long in that certain lineup. Plenty of young athletes in that dugout, no changes made.

To be completely honest, for what this season will end up being this is possibly the most underperforming season I have witnessed. Given the talent on the team and available options in the dugout Powell just kept doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results. Never happens. Estill in the regular season was their best win all year.

Lots of truth there. Underperforming is an understatement. The best coaches make game adjustments... Season adjustments are required to even compete. Crowe I think pinch hit 3 batters in that district championship and 2 in the previous meeting. Powell did nothing... Same thing over and over. This season is how programs lose players.
(05-22-2023, 10:03 AM)fanbaseball07 Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 01:36 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:

Lots of truth there. Underperforming is an understatement. The best coaches make game adjustments... Season adjustments are required to even compete. Crowe I think pinch hit 3 batters in that district championship and 2 in the previous meeting. Powell did nothing... Same thing over and over. This season is how programs lose players.
100% truth. After the first 3 weeks of the season only 11 players have recorded an at bat basically. Even when Powell was beating owsley 20-0 or whatever it was still no at bats for the younger guys. Just watched several older players give the same sub par performances. With minimal effort. Just one man’s opinion but I feel like the bench could have been used as a major tool several times throughout the season without much of a drop off in the sub coming in. Never took advantage of that. Best of luck to them and all teams tonight though.