Monday:

Corbin vs. Harlan County

Clay County vs. Barbourville

Tuesday:

Knox Central vs. North Laurel 

Middlesboro vs. Whitley County
Corbin’s got an absolute cakewalk.

Whitley and North could be a tight one.

I’d say we will see Whitley/Corbin for the 5th time this year.

Where’s region at this year?
Region is at Corbin. That makes it interesting
(05-19-2023, 10:51 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin’s got an absolute cakewalk.

Corbin definitely does not have cake walk. They have Crawford lurking in the 2nd round as Clay will have to use no pitching to beat Barbourville.

Whitley has the easiest path. Knox only has one top tier pitcher that they will need to beat North. And North really struggles to hit the ball.

I do agree the odds on pick for the final should be Corbin v Whitley
(05-20-2023, 03:25 PM)13th Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 10:51 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Corbin’s got an absolute cakewalk.

Corbin definitely does not have cake walk.  They have Crawford lurking in the 2nd round as Clay will have to use no pitching to beat Barbourville.

Whitley has the easiest path.  Knox only has one top tier pitcher that they will need to beat North.  And North really struggles to hit the ball.

corbin will have absolutely no trouble with Harlan county or clay. They may even be run ruled games, no matter who they have pitching. 
whitley on the other hand is playing a mboro team that’s red hot and then most likely a north team that led them until the 5th the last time they played.
 I think Whitley uses Zehr against middlesboro or north after he was rocked by Corbin last week. Then Anderson against North and finally start Bargo and use Croley against Corbin If needed.

Corbin could go several ways but idk how you not save Helton for Whitley after what he did last time out. They won’t have to use much to get by Harlan County and will probably pitch cima/Gilbert against Clay.
(05-20-2023, 03:46 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:

Corbin definitely does not have cake walk.  They have Crawford lurking in the 2nd round as Clay will have to use no pitching to beat Barbourville.

Whitley has the easiest path.  Knox only has one top tier pitcher that they will need to beat North.  And North really struggles to hit the ball.

corbin will have absolutely no trouble with Harlan county or clay. They may even be run ruled games, no matter who they have pitching. 
whitley on the other hand is playing a mboro team that’s red hot and then most likely a north team that led them until the 5th the last time they played.
 I think Whitley uses Zehr against middlesboro or north after he was rocked by Corbin last week. Then Anderson against North and finally start Bargo and use Croley against Corbin If needed.

Corbin could go several ways but idk how you not save Helton for Whitley after what he did last time out. They won’t have to use much to get by Harlan County and will probably pitch cima/Gilbert against Clay.

Not that it matters in the big picture, but I'm not sure how Middlesboro is a different level than Harlan County after scoring twice in the 7th to beat them 10-9 at Middlesboro. I think it was pretty clear they were about as even as it gets.
(05-20-2023, 09:40 PM)HCS Wrote:

Not that it matters in the big picture, but I'm not sure how Middlesboro is a different level than Harlan County after scoring twice in the 7th to beat them 10-9 at Middlesboro. I think it was pretty clear they were about as even as it gets.

oh I don’t think middlesboro is any better than Harlan county. I just think Corbin will not have any trouble with HC while Whitley may struggle with mboro depending on who they pitch.
Middlesboro is not good, they dont have a pitcher that can give Whitley any issues what so ever.
Whitley vs Corbin for the title. Expecting a classic if so.

Calling Middlesboro red hot is a bit of a stretch.
(05-21-2023, 02:44 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 09:40 PM)HCS Wrote:

oh I don’t think middlesboro is any better than Harlan county. I just think Corbin will not have any trouble with HC while Whitley may struggle with mboro depending on who they pitch.

Whitley County will thoroughly smoke the yellow jackets.
(05-21-2023, 11:03 AM)13th Wrote: Middlesboro is not good, they dont have a pitcher that can give Whitley any issues what so ever.

They have two left handed pitchers that are good enough to give you trouble if you can't hit off a lefty. Whitley should be the favorite, but they were the favorite over Middlesboro last year too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
Clay pitched Crawford for one inning last night. I’m assuming that was to give him a bit of a warm up for Corbin.

I haven’t followed Clay much this year but they seemed to have been pretty good against the better teams, and I’m not sure what they’ve got pitching other than Crawford that could compete with Corbin. Should be interesting to see what happens