Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 10 Belfry 0 15th Region Tourney
Final
Belfry always plays their worst game of the season in the region tournament. To get mercy ruled to a team who struggles to score runs was surprising. At least fans will get the pitching duel they wanted tomorrow night with Duty vs Fugate. Best 2 in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Westside
I’ve watched Belfry a couple times this year, Pikeville about 9.

The level of confidence and coaching difference was somewhat shocking.

Game was over when the draw came out, at least that’s the way Belfry played.
(05-21-2023, 09:25 PM)RTruth Wrote: I’ve watched Belfry a couple times this year, Pikeville about 9.

Belfry’s Coach has not prepared his team for post season play. Lost to Pike Central in District and totally out coached in this game. Same situation last year had home field advantage and lost first round.
(05-21-2023, 09:30 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 09:25 PM)RTruth Wrote: I’ve watched Belfry a couple times this year, Pikeville about 9.

Belfry’s Coach has not prepared his team for post season play. Lost to Pike Central in District and totally out coached in this game. Same situation last year had home field advantage and lost first round.

I think the consensus in the Belfry area is that he is coaching to assure his kids play and pad his retirement.

That’s not shocking, but it is shocking that the administration is ok with it.

Daddy ball at the HS level is nothing new in Pike County, just new to Belfry.
I have to say, blaming the coach for the loss when his team was no-hit and saying Belfry played their worst game of the season are two things I didn't see coming. LOL. Congrats to Pikeville and props to Thompson and Ryan on a gem of a stellar pitching performance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
Also FWIW, Pikeville team BA higher than Belfry's vs a much tougher schedule.
(05-21-2023, 11:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I have to say, blaming the coach for the loss when his team was no-hit and saying Belfry played their worst game of the season are two things I didn't see coming. LOL. Congrats to Pikeville and props to Thompson and Ryan on a gem of a stellar pitching performance.
Pikeville flat outplayed Belfry. They were ready and played outstanding. Pikeville’s coaches and schedule had them ready for this tournament. I have said that all year. Belfry’s coach didn’t. Thompson and Ryan pitched a great game. Never want to take away from the young men who showed out today
(05-21-2023, 11:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I have to say, blaming the coach for the loss when his team was no-hit and saying Belfry played their worst game of the season are two things I didn't see coming. LOL. Congrats to Pikeville and props to Thompson and Ryan on a gem of a stellar pitching performance.

Pikeville fan here. I’ve been here all day. Just listening and watching.

Pikeville was the better team and has been all year. Just stating BELFRY just looked like they was beat by Pikeville before they even showed on the field
(05-21-2023, 11:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Also FWIW, Pikeville team BA higher than Belfry's vs a much tougher schedule.
Belfry has probably more guys who can go deep at any at bat in the region but probably also lead the region in strikeouts.