Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redskins All-Pro Safety Sean Taylor Dies After Being Shot
He was shot in his home in Miami in an attempted robbery. Heres the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3127928

Very sad news to hear it really is, my prayers and thoughts go out to Sean and the rest of the Taylor family.
He had a troubled past. The players said since the recent birth of his daughter he has done a complete 180. You have to wonder if his past didn't have something to do with this. His home has been broken into twice in the past 8 days. Things aren't looking good for Taylor. He lost a lot of blood because of the bullet wound to the femoral artery and the doctors are afraid he may have brain damage because all the blood he lost my have reduced the amount of blood to the brain. He has been non-responsive since exiting surgery around 12:30 pm today. Hopefully he will make a full recovery, not to get back into the league, but to watch his little girl grow up and be there for her. Sad indeed.
He was shot in the groin.
I hate to hear this and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I just got one question, what was he doin in Miami? I know that's where his home is but did the Redskins not have practice that day or what?
BlackcatFootball Wrote:He was shot in the groin.

According to ESPN he was shot in the leg and he has begun to respond to the doctor so that is a good sign.
Redneck Wrote:I hate to hear this and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I just got one question, what was he doin in Miami? I know that's where his home is but did the Redskins not have practice that day or what?

Taylor was nursing a knee injury which had cause him to sit out the last two games. Is it me or did Taylor's home look a little rinky dink for a player of his capabilities?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Taylor was nursing a knee injury which had cause him to sit out the last two games. Is it me or did Taylor's home look a little rinky dink for a player of his capabilities?

Thanks for the info man, I just couldn't figure out why he wasn't in D.C.

Ah, maybe Taylor ain't one of those who likes to show off his money. I can respect that.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:He was shot in the groin.

Take an Anatomy class. The femoral artery runs mainly on the inside of the upper leg(hence the recognition of femur or some may call it the thigh bone in the name when describing this aretery ) and branches out. It is one of the more crucial areteries in the body because of the amount of blood that it passes through the human body. When he was shot it was severed, causing the massive amount of blood loss.
6:06 AM EST on ESPN2 Mike Golic is reporting breaking news that Sean Taylor has died from the gunshot wounds mentioned above. Another tragic loss to the NFL. It was openly a Minnesota Vikings fan, but Sean Taylor has always been my favorite defensive player in the entire league. His family is in my prayers.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Just saw this, terrible news.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Uncle Buck Wrote:Take an Anatomy class. The femoral artery runs mainly on the inside of the upper leg(hence the recognition of femur or some may call it the thigh bone in the name when describing this aretery ) and branches out. It is one of the more crucial areteries in the body because of the amount of blood that it passes through the human body. When he was shot it was severed, causing the massive amount of blood loss.

Yes, and the doctors even had to open up his chest to operate, that's how bad it was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Also a report that there was a burglary at this same residence just 8 days ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Now reporting on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yes, and the doctors even had to open up his chest to operate, that's how bad it was.

My guess on the reason they done that was that Taylor began to have irregular heart beats and tried to massage it to have a more stable pulse.
Wow. This is really horrible. I was hoping he would be ok. But I guess not. He was a very good player in the NFL and one of the best safeties. He helped the Redskins defense out a lot. I just can't believe this happened. My prayers are for his family.
This is horrible, something you don't want to hear about an athlete with a very successful career.
Man that is sad. I know he had problems in the past but you hate this for a guy who has a young child like this and was turning it around. Heck he was having a great season this year. Hard to believe how fragile life is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate this...I know Taylor had some problems, but some of the problems he had, he was going after some thieves that stole his ATV's...Taylor reminded me of a modern day Jack Tatum..and played football the way it was supposed to be played..Terrible news for a guy who seemed to have turned his life around after the birth of his child....Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family..
Very sad...I was hoping to wake up this morning to good news...Unbelievable.
Very Unbelieve and Sad. Prayers go out to the Taylor Fam.!
This is very sad news... prayers for his family and friends!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Horrible news I hope the cops get who did this, it seems to me someone had it out for him.
another young life in the NFL lost to sensless violence be it a drive by or a break in this is sad
Thats just sad. and it was an attempt robbery??
It doesn't seem that the intruder intended to kill Taylor. I mean, he shot him in the leg. It's not very often you hear about someone getting shot in the leg, and then end up in critical condition. The bullet just hit an artery, and we all know what happened from there. I'm not defending the guy, because I hope he is caught and gets what he deserves, I'm just saying, I don't think his death was "intentional." What gets me is this morning, I was ready the Lexington Herald Leader, and an article about Taylor said the doctors were pleased with his response and progress after his surgery, and then I hear about his death. This is tragic to say the least. I know he had some past issues, but everyone said he turned around after his kid was born. I hate to hear something like this happen to such a promising person (not to mention an already outstanding football player). My thoughts and prayers are with those closely associated to Sean Taylor and his family.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It doesn't seem that the intruder intended to kill Taylor. I mean, he shot him in the leg. It's not very often you hear about someone getting shot in the leg, and then end up in critical condition. The bullet just hit an artery, and we all know what happened from there. I'm not defending the guy, because I hope he is caught and gets what he deserves, I'm just saying, I don't think his death was "intentional." What gets me is this morning, I was ready the Lexington Herald Leader, and an article about Taylor said the doctors were pleased with his response and progress after his surgery, and then I hear about his death. This is tragic to say the least. I know he had some past issues, but everyone said he turned around after his kid was born. I hate to hear something like this happen to such a promising person (not to mention an already outstanding football player). My thoughts and prayers are with those closely associated to Sean Taylor and his family.

If you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, you know what the outcome can be. The Redskins are my favorite team and this has killed me. I loved the "DC Assassin" as he was called. He was very young and young people make mistakes. He was turning his life around and doing what he was paid to do. I hope they find this guy and fry him or them. The reason he was in Miami was to get a second opinion on his injury. My prayers go out to his entire family in the time of tragedy!

R.I.P. Sean "The DC Assassin" Taylor

[Image: http://www.kcbsportsmarketing.com/galler...10/ST7.jpg]
this is sad he was having a good career and had a bright future ahead
Nice idea on the avatar,Hook. He was one of my fav players also. I tried to make sure he was the first defensive player I drafted in each fantasy. Jus the intensity he brought on the field was awesome. All prayers and best wishes for the family, friends, and teammates of this great athlete.
These people on ebay kill me. There are so many Taylor jersys on there now it is pathetic. Kid hasn't been gone 24hrs and people are trying to make a quick buck off him. I wished Ebay would bann such things untill they are at least shown their proper respect!
OffTheHook Wrote:These people on ebay kill me. There are so many Taylor jersys on there now it is pathetic. Kid hasn't been gone 24hrs and people are trying to make a quick buck off him. I wished Ebay would bann such things untill they are at least shown their proper respect!

I totally agree. That is a horrible thing to do.