Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2 Shelby County 1 (State Championship)
Congrats Colonels

Great day at the mound for Zehr

And Anderson gets it done at the plate 3-3 with a walk

First 13th region champ
I LOVE IT!!!!

I always root for Corbin, Wburg, and Whitley in any sport.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
Maybe Corbin football coaches can clinic with the Whitley Coaches to figure out how to win the big one.

Congrats to the colonels! Big time win. Zehr was dealing.
Congratulations to Whitley County and PJDOUG
(06-10-2023, 10:19 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Maybe Corbin football coaches can clinic with the Whitley Coaches to figure out how to win the big one.

They are too ego-driven to ever clinic with Whitley coaches. 

#40Years&Counting
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
Congrats to the Colonels!!!
Congratulations Whitley County and Pjdoug, yes I said it
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
Congrats Whitley Co Colonels!!
Awesome achievement!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • pjdoug
Just a little side note….I don’t feel one way or another about the RPI but it was a dead ringer pretty much all year in a sport that’s crazy unpredictable
Does Whitley County have a good baseball team? Did they smoke some hind end all season long? Smile . Go Colonels! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Panther Thunder
(06-10-2023, 10:19 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Maybe Corbin football coaches can clinic with the Whitley Coaches to figure out how to win the big one.

Whitley County should have some good players to transfer in. They don't have to recruit ,because kids want to play for a winner Smile
(06-10-2023, 10:20 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Congratulations to Whitley County and PJDOUG

Thanks Smile
(06-10-2023, 10:43 PM)64SUR Wrote: Congratulations Whitley County and Pjdoug,  yes I said it

Thank you very much. I love my ColonelsSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • 64SUR
(06-10-2023, 10:45 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Just a little side note….I don’t feel one way or another about the RPI but it was a dead ringer pretty much all year in a sport that’s crazy unpredictable

It's amazing that Whitley County played some tough competition and finished the season with a 39-4 record.
(06-10-2023, 11:05 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Does Whitley County have a good baseball team? Did they smoke some hind end all season long? Smile . Go Colonels! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • pjdoug
Whitley County,,, best baseball team in the state of Kentucky. How 'bout them apples !?!?
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42, pjdoug
Whitley County becomes the first 13th Region school to win a state baseball championship. The Colonels are the sixth school from one of the four current Eastern Kentucky regions (13-16) to win a state crown, joining Prestonsburg (1948), Ashland (1966, 1967, 1968), East Carter (1984), Paintsville (1990), and Boyd County (2001).
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Cowboy42
Man that was awesome!! Congrats WC!! Glad they brought it back to the 13th!! Very happy for them!!

I wonder how many district runner ups went on to win a title? I’d say it has to be very very few if any. Maybe Trinitys district…. But Whitley co proved they were the best no questions asked
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • pjdoug
(06-11-2023, 02:27 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Man that was awesome!! Congrats WC!! Glad they brought it back to the 13th!! Very happy for them!!

I wonder how many district runner ups went on to win a title? I’d say it has to be very very few if any. Maybe Trinitys district…. But Whitley co proved they were the best no questions asked

just last year ST. X lost to Male in there district title game before running the table.
id say it’s more common than you think

(06-11-2023, 03:34 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [quote="Hound05" pid="2405465" dateline="1686461236"]
Man that was awesome!! Congrats WC!! Glad they brought it back to the 13th!! Very happy for them!!

In fact, I’ve already found St X lost to Male in the district title game three different times they won state…
(06-10-2023, 11:05 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Does Whitley County have a good baseball team? Did they smoke some hind end all season long? Smile . Go Colonels! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Like
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • pjdoug
(06-10-2023, 11:30 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:

Congratulations!

Thank you Smile
Way to get it done Whitley, this is huge for the community and school. I had no ideal that the 13th region had never won the title, this is the cherry on top of the cake #1 and #1.
[-] The following 2 users Like cherokee's post:
  • 64SUR, pjdoug
(06-11-2023, 02:27 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Man that was awesome!! Congrats WC!! Glad they brought it back to the 13th!! Very happy for them!!

It’s more common in basketball and baseball than you would think. I’d venture to say it motivates a lot of good teams when they lose a game they maybe shouldn’t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fridaynightfights's post:
  • KnoxvillesFinest
Whitleys coaching staff must be top notch. Congratulations to them.
[-] The following 2 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(06-11-2023, 12:56 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:

It’s more common in basketball and baseball than you would think. I’d venture to say it motivates a lot of good teams when they lose a game they maybe shouldn’t.

Another factor is that a lot of teams will throw their ace in the first game of the district to ensure they will advance. If they are in a fairly deep district, they are then often left facing a good team without their number one in the district final, which can easily lead to a loss.
[-] The following 3 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack, jetpilot, KnoxvillesFinest
(06-10-2023, 10:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

#40Years&Counting
Coach Shope is Philpots Daddy! Can you say spanked 4-5 games this season. Only one College baseball commit on Whitley. If I was a good baseball player I’d be moving to Whitley where you can get an opportunity to Win the big one. Roll Kerns..

(06-11-2023, 12:56 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Whitleys coaching staff must be top notch.  Congratulations to them.
Best Coaching staff in 13th Region and now the entire State of Kentucky with the hardware to back it up. Roll Kerns..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • pjdoug
(06-12-2023, 07:19 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 10:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

#40Years&Counting
Coach Shope is Philpots Daddy! Can you say spanked 4-5 games this season. Only one College baseball commit on Whitley. If I was a good baseball player I’d be moving to Whitley where you can get an opportunity to Win the big one. Roll Kerns..

(06-11-2023, 12:56 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Whitleys coaching staff must be top notch.  Congratulations to them.
Best Coaching staff in 13th Region and now the entire State of Kentucky with the hardware to back it up. Roll Kerns..

I think Shope has won more than 140 games since coming to Whitley County 6 years ago, and they didn't even play one of the seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
I’m not much of a baseball fan, matter of fact I think this is the first time I’ve ever been on the baseball section of this board. All that being said I did wanted to come here and Congratulate the Whitley Co Colonels and my buddy Dougie. Proud of those young men for showing the rest of the state we can play some ball down here in the hills too…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
(06-13-2023, 11:20 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m not much of a baseball fan, matter of fact I think this is the first time I’ve ever been on the baseball section of this board.  All that being said I did wanted to come here and Congratulate the Whitley Co Colonels and my buddy Dougie.  Proud of those young men for showing the rest of the state we can play some ball down here in the hills too…
I think some college coaches need to be hanging around Whitley County a lil more instead of just stopping at exit 25/29. It’s pretty obvious who’s the Justin Haddix of baseball around here. Already heard one kid moving to Whitley to get coached by the best coach in 13th Region. Has any of Corbins baseball coaches publicly congratulated Whitley County for being the State Champs? Just curious…
(06-14-2023, 12:36 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 11:20 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m not much of a baseball fan, matter of fact I think this is the first time I’ve ever been on the baseball section of this board.  All that being said I did wanted to come here and Congratulate the Whitley Co Colonels and my buddy Dougie.  Proud of those young men for showing the rest of the state we can play some ball down here in the hills too…
I think some college coaches need to be hanging around Whitley County a lil more instead of just stopping at exit 25/29. It’s pretty obvious who’s the Justin Haddix of baseball around here. Already heard one kid moving to Whitley to get coached by the best coach in 13th Region. Has any of Corbins baseball coaches publicly congratulated Whitley County for being the State Champs? Just curious…

No because there’s not a soul in Corbin who truly wanted Whitley to win. The same people who were saying Whitley was scared to play Corbin after the 2A championship that’s why they had to push the gsme back a day, were the same ones who were saying what a great team they were (looking at you Mondo Cima). The mayor of Corbin didn’t congratulate the Colonels till people called her out on it. It’s easy to see what they truly wanted to happen.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Cowboy42, KnoxvillesFinest