Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mullins 47 Belfry 43
Mullins Tigers get another big district win over Belfry 47-43 AT Belfry. Tigers defeated Johns Creek on Tuesday AT Johns Creek 49- 31. Now 3-1 on the young season. Nice start !
congrats to mullins.
Congratulations Tigers!
Mullins is much improved and is as well coached as anyone in Pike County this year.

Congrats are deserved as those kids played harder than the kids from Belfry and never quit, even being down 15 or so, and did what it took for them to win.
NEXT Wrote:Mullins is much improved and is as well coached as anyone in Pike County this year.

Congrats are deserved as those kids played harder than the kids from Belfry and never quit, even being down 15 or so, and did what it took for them to win.

They sure did and KUDO'S to them...

BUT Belfry having 15 fouls to their 1 in the second half didn't help matters either!! Ref's are just as hard if not harder on Belfry at HOME!! This coming from someone who is NOT from Belfry!! Belfry also was without one of their starters last night due to circumstances beyond his control. Mullins did play a great game though and Coach Fields has done a great job with those kids.
Holy Smokes!

there must have been a catch with Belfrys lineup. Or they just got a taste of what it feels like to lose to Mullins. Of coarse football Pikeville didnt have their full-team.

But Who was out for Belfry PHS?
hawkhead Wrote:Mullins Tigers get another big district win over Belfry 47-43 AT Belfry. Tigers defeated Johns Creek on Tuesday AT Johns Creek 49- 31. Now 3-1 on the young season. Nice start !

And Mullins is 3-2
If...Then Wrote:Holy Smokes!

there must have been a catch with Belfrys lineup. Or they just got a taste of what it feels like to lose to Mullins. Of coarse football Pikeville didnt have their full-team.

Hackney
well i play for mullins and my coach is a great coach who motivated us to win at half time in the lockerroom.

Belfry played a good game.
If...Then Wrote:Holy Smokes!

Here's the catch ! Since it's always about who wasn't there or who didnt play lets be sure we know about the game. Mullins coach sat two starters for the 1st quarter due to violating team rules. Tigers got down 17-2. Tigers were at full strength starting in the 2nd quarter and for the remainder of the game outscored Belfry 45-26. Maybe the player would have made a difference, but that's a bunch of points. So there's who was missing for the Tigers. Mullins kids play hard and have pride in what they do. It's time people started respecting them because I can tell you from seeing those kids play that the doormat days for the Tigers are long gone !
phs1986 Wrote:They sure did and KUDO'S to them...

BUT Belfry having 15 fouls to their 1 in the second half didn't help matters either!! Ref's are just as hard if not harder on Belfry at HOME!! This coming from someone who is NOT from Belfry!! Belfry also was without one of their starters last night due to circumstances beyond his control. Mullins did play a great game though and Coach Fields has done a great job with those kids.

Did he sit out because of a funeral or something others did not know about? Or was the coach disciplining him - if this is the case then I'd say it is all in his control............
hawkhead Wrote:Here's the catch ! Since it's always about who wasn't there or who didnt play lets be sure we know about the game. Mullins coach sat two starters for the 1st quarter due to violating team rules. Tigers got down 17-2. Tigers were at full strength starting in the 2nd quarter and for the remainder of the game outscored Belfry 45-26. Maybe the player would have made a difference, but that's a bunch of points. So there's who was missing for the Tigers. Mullins kids play hard and have pride in what they do. It's time people started respecting them because I can tell you from seeing those kids play that the doormat days for the Tigers are long gone !

NO one said that Mullins didn't play a great game. I have in fact stated in some of my earlier posts that Coach Fields was a class act!! AND I am not blaming the game on bad refs, BUT I do feel that the child that didn't get to play (coaches decision) could have helped the team out. I do not recall stating that Mullins was a doormat either. Did I??? So, before you get all excited pull in your heat string and hear me out. Coach Fields is a great guy (WHO has coached my child before if you must know), the kids from Mullins played a great game........ I can't wait until we come to Mullins!!! :Thumbs:
Never said you blamed a loss on anything or anyone. My statement was that everytime Mullins defeats a Belfry or Pikevile the first line of comments starts with ...well who was missing from the other team? In the past that may have been a valid question...nowadays not so much. I appreciate your good words about the Tigers. Just wanted to be sure people start to understand that wins at Mullins are no longer miracles as may have been the case in the past...that's alll. Thanks.
btw we had 2 startes to sit out because they missed a practice
when they got in me landon matt cody and dwyane couldnt be stoped
phs1986 Wrote:Hackney
So what?
really one player doesnt make a team
lol
mullinstiger55 Wrote:lol

Check out the date of those posts.