Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Top 5 Middle School Football Teams in EKY
This year should bring some really good games in EKY. A lot talent in Mountains this year. Preseason Top 5 Preseason teams in mountains.

1)- Johnson Central- The Eagles will be tough beat in 23. There 7 th grade were runners up in state playoffs last year. Johnson Central will be big and athletic and will compete for another state title in Division 1
2) Hazard- They have stud RB the Bryant kid and should have alot key piece back on line. Maybe a preseason front runner in Division 3.
3) Perry Central- Return a lot talent from very young team last year. Their O- Line is massive and return almost all skill position. They will tough to beat.QB Maggard Will surprise alot teams this year  and could compete for a state title in Division 1. 
4) Breathitt- Bobcats really young team last year.  They have really good QB in Holland and should have really good backfield with the really lightning fast Thomas kid and o and D-Line should be alot better this year. 
5)Belfry - Lost alot of talent from state championship team last year but they seem reload each year. May lose early but come Playoffs Coach Bogar will have them ready to defend their Title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Statebound19's post:
  • king360
Belfry is king until someone takes the crown.
Louisa Middle scrimmaged Belfry and won 38-0. The Bulldogs are defending state champs and should be mentioned.
(08-02-2023, 05:38 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Louisa Middle scrimmaged Belfry and won 38-0. The Bulldogs are defending state champs and should be mentioned.
you are dropping the score of a scrimmage on the last weekend of july?? that is nasty
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • jetpilot
Johnson Central is a freight rain from hell. Seen it first hand. Lawrence and Hazard both look really good as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArmChairHC's post:
  • MommaBear, Sixty2x2
ArmchairHC, Johnson Central definitely has a freight train from hell..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentuckyfootballfan's post:
  • MommaBear
Perry Middle rolled Whitley Co and is best team I have seen so far but will have big test vs Corbin. They’re really good . Johnson Central is loaded as usually will be reckon ball. I heard Hazard look pretty impressive too in first game vs Scott Co physical dominance.Breathitt must have a pretty good offense score 52 points on Boyle co . Lawrence Co will be a force again this year. A lot talent in mountains.
1A- Perry Middle
1B) Johnson Central
3) Hazard
4)Breathitt Co
5) Lawrence Co
[-] The following 1 user Likes Statebound19's post:
  • mandan
Corbin, Lawrence County, Perry County, Johnson County, Northern Pulaski, Breathitt County, Hazard, Pikeville, Belfry are all top teams
Perry plays Corbin today should see what both teams have
Might be a sleeper team in Region 4 this year after the score I just saw today...........

(08-19-2023, 06:10 PM)pcc23 Wrote: Perry plays Corbin today should see what both teams have

Doubt it, Corbin got destroyed by Woodford Co last week.

8th Grade
Johnson County 24
Northern Pulaski 20
Perry 36 Corbin 6, Corbin is definitely down.
Pikeville just beat Belfry at Vipperman. 22-14. Pretty good game. Belfry needs to do something other than on side kick off every time Pikeville took one to the house and had good field position every time.
Hazard has looked way way good so far this early season.
(08-20-2023, 09:40 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Hazard has looked way way good so far this early season.

I haven’t saw the middle school bulldogs schedule who have they played
(08-20-2023, 09:40 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Hazard has looked way way good so far this early season.

I think Division 3 this year is loaded

Owensoboro catholic
Campbellsville
CAL
LCA
Hazard
Then who are the sleepers we dont know about yet.
Might need to add Magoffin to the list they beat Breathitt last night
Big game this week with Johnson Central vs Lawrence County. Should be a good competitive game
(08-23-2023, 02:58 PM)Rambo4 Wrote: Big game this week with Johnson Central vs Lawrence County.  Should be a good competitive game

Where is that game played and do u know if anyone is streaming it?
Im pretty sure it is at JC but I have not heard of anyone streaming it yet. Hazard is playing Raceland @ Raceland , that should also be a pretty good game.
Who is streaming games this week?
Louisa Middle leads Johnson County 20-14 in the 3rd quarter

Dawgs just scored again, they lead 28-14.

Bulldogs offense opened up, they win 42-28 over Johnson County. Gray Derifield with 6 TDs for Louisa Middle. Wow!
Rock 8th grade team is looking good. They have beat NL Bell County and a good Knox Central team tonight. I think they will be right back in region final as they have been last few years now.
I think Louisa Middle has established themselves as one of the top teams.
Updated top teams in my opinion

Louisa Middle
Hazard
Perry
Johnson Central
Magoffin
Johnson County is good, not sure they’re that low.
They are def a great team . Perry is lookin really strong though and Hazard looks like a powerhouse as well. If im not mistaken Hazards 7th crushed JC last year so Im just going by that until they face each other. Im looking forward to that game as JC and Hazard both have freight train running backs and Hazards Oline looks dominate from the film ive seen

Betsy Layne is also a team we could be looking over ...
Any updates on the Raceland/Hazard game…
Hazard 38
Raceland 0 is what I heard
Perry travels to Breathitt Thursday evening should be a good one.
Perry vs Breathitt will be a good test for both teams. Im gonna predict a perry win though