Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland coaching staff under fire
A group of 9 out of 13 players on the team and a middle school coach went before the Ashland school board asking for changes to be made to the high schools baseball program. The Tomcats are coached by Shane Marushi who just completed his first year as the Tomcats coach. Below is the link to the story in the Ashland Daily Independent. 

https://www.dailyindependent.com/news/as...bf9a0.html
Great….the surrounding schools are about to be flooded with the type of kids and parents you don’t want in your program. Schools better think long and hard about taking in these transfers from Assland cause they will be coming with baggage
Negative environment = I'm not getting to play, I'm not getting my way.
According to the article the other 4 players whose parents did not go to the school board we the sons of the coaching staff.
Daddy Ball and high school sports = disaster. Only way it works out if if the player of the Daddy Coach’s child is UNDENIABLY BETTER than everyone else and most of the time this ain’t the case.
Most of the kids and parents in question have been drama queens from way back.
Read the article. Lots of drama but we are coming into a time of coaching where you can’t bull crap kids and parents.

In the 70s and 80s you could hire a coach and no one really cared and you were none the wiser if they could really coach.

You can’t do that today.
Looks like a group of parents got together and tried to get the coach they wanted. Assland has a big sophomore class that won a state championship when they were younger. They are trying to get that coach back. This is sad….parents can be miserable.
(07-27-2023, 10:01 AM)Diablo Wrote: Daddy Ball and high school sports = disaster.  Only way it works out if if the player of the Daddy Coach’s child is UNDENIABLY BETTER than everyone else and most of the time this ain’t the case.
Or obviously the worst player on the team. Can’t be anything in between.
Bad situation....lots of people at fault here, both coaches and parents. There's already been 2 transfers, 3 more coming apparently. And the kids staying at Ashland b/c they play football, say they are done with baseball. If all that plays out that way they will have 1, maybe 2 returning varsity players next season.
(08-05-2023, 03:01 PM)Fanman Wrote: Bad situation....lots of people at fault here, both coaches and parents. There's already been 2 transfers, 3 more coming apparently. And the kids staying at Ashland b/c they play football, say they are done with baseball. If all that plays out that way they will have 1, maybe 2 returning varsity players next season.
I hope none of them end up at Raceland. We don’t want those type of parents here. We have a good thing going without drama. I disagree with any of this being on the coaches. After what went down two years ago some Ashland  parents have been upset cause they didn’t get to pick the coach they wanted. This is 100 percent on the parents
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • i82much
(08-06-2023, 11:59 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 03:01 PM)Fanman Wrote: Bad situation....lots of people at fault here, both coaches and parents. There's already been 2 transfers, 3 more coming apparently. And the kids staying at Ashland b/c they play football, say they are done with baseball. If all that plays out that way they will have 1, maybe 2 returning varsity players next season.
I hope none of them end up at Raceland. We don’t want those type of parents here. We have a good thing going without drama. I disagree with any of this being on the coaches. After what went down two years ago some Ashland  parents have been upset cause they didn’t get to pick the coach they wanted. This is 100 percent on the parents

Its definitely not 100% on the parents, I do know that. Coaches have fault in this too. Principal even admitted this to the parents in a meeting, but they were going to supervise the staff better, instead of making a change.

Also, heard 2 of the kids were going to Raceland lol.