Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st BGR Constitutional Convention
Welcome to the first annual BlueGrassRivals Constitutional Convention....

How it works:

You can offer any amendment to the United States Constitution to be considered by the members of this forum.

You will be given the opportunity to offer your amendment, explain it further, answer any questions, and defend it against unfair criticism or incorrect information.

After a period of 48 hours of debate on each amendment (concurrent). You can, if still confident and supportive of your own view, have it voted on by the members of this site via a poll.

Should you be successful in passage, (which requires only a majority vote), we should all reward you with positive feedback via 'good reputation' ratings.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This is new to me, and is an experiment and works in progress.
This sounds like a good idea! I'll be traveling over the next 30 hours, but after that I'll get back to you on my ideas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will be offering a couple of amendments.

First, for today: "The abolishment of the Federal Income tax, thus repealing the 16th amendment."
ronald_reagan Wrote:I will be offering a couple of amendments.

First, for today: "The abolishment of the Federal Income tax, thus repealing the 16th amendment."
Us this being done in relation to the Flat Tax?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Us this being done in relation to the Flat Tax?

It would have to be done in order to implement the FairTax. Which is a 23% national sales tax. If the amendment wasn't repealed, then we'd have the ability to take income and take consumption, which would be devistating.

The flat tax won't stay flat. Thats why I dont' support it too much. A flat tax system is what this income tax we have today started out as. Now its 50,000 words long with communist progression.