Poll: Kentucky vs. Florida State - Music City Bowl
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kentucky Wildcats
94.59%
Florida State Seminoles
5.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Florida State (Music City Bowl, December 31)
Now for the game, I would venture to say that I know more about FSU than any other user on this site. I am biased to pull for FSU but I believe UK has a much better offense than the Noles. But FSU's D is exceptional when they are on. Mickey Andrews has a month to prepare and he will D ready to go. This game will not be a blow-out unless The Noles let it go at the end, which they have done many a time this season. (Miami-VT). As for Comparing wins and losses, I thought most of you would be smart enough to know you cannot do that. So what UK beat LSU? So what FSU beat Alabama (who almost beat LSU)? That doesn't mean anything. Yes the Noles were dominated by Florida, and UK stayed in the game with them. But the main thing about that is UK has the offense to keep up with Fla. The UK D didn't do much stopping Tebow and Company either. In order for the Noles to take back a win to the Tally-Ho they will need to force turnovers and use special teams and Defense to produce points and run the ball effectively to keep the Uk offense off the field. If they can do these things they will win, if not Kentucky will take away a win.

Go Noles!!

FSU- 31
UK- 28
blackcat_student Wrote:What Alfus meant, was that Bobby Bowden is not as good as he once was.
Well even at that I'm not sure. Since Chris Rix left, during his time the went to 2 BCS bowls and a Gator Bowl, they have not had good QB play (Sexton, Weatherford, Lee) which has killed their offense. They will be bringing in the #1 QB in the nation next year and will return a lot of talent on the line. With the new staff and leadership give them a few years and they will be back on top.
this is dissapointing considering the way uk started the year i thought they would have a better bowlbut are still happy they have had back to back bowl years i also believe that florida stae will be very hard to handle but uk can pull it off if they can beat lsu which is probably the best team in the nation and upset louisville early in the year they can beat anyone but andre woodson has to be playing well and alot better than he has the last 3 or 4 games, the play calling also has to be better that is what lost the game to tennesee there were many mistake in that game playcallin the main one
Mark May just picked Florida St over Kentucky! Rolleyes

I Cant wait till this game, just 23 more days!!!!!
MVP2 Wrote:Mark May just picked Florida St over Kentucky! Rolleyes

I Cant wait till this game, just 23 more days!!!!!

Wow....I can't wait until UK shows him and Florida State up!! GO Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:letsparty
Uk-32
Fs-14
Uk 34 Fsu 28
73% of America who voted on Bowl Mania picked us to win as well as Lee and Kirk
fl. st.-24
UK-17
UK by 14
flordia state will win imo there coaching staff has far more exspeince,and fla st is just the better team
Hager58 Wrote:flordia state will win imo there coaching staff has far more exspeince,and fla st is just the better team

Why are they just the better team?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
imo only thing uk has goin for them is luck,flordia has been a good team for A number of years and has alot more key players
Hager58 Wrote:imo only thing uk has goin for them is luck,flordia has been a good team for A number of years and has alot more key players

Like who? Woodson alone has more touchdowns than their entire offense. FSU's pass defense is among the worst.

Explain how UK has luck going for them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I dont think Woodson is all that great. The reason I think hes done well this season is because of the players around him.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont think Woodson is all that great. The reason I think hes done well this season is because of the players around him.

Yeah he has good receivers, and a poor offensive line. How did the receivers around him help him break the record for most pass attempts without an INT?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Screen passes and short ones.
RavenBoy Wrote:Screen passes and short ones.

Smile Yeah, keep telling yourself that when he was airing in down field 20-25 yards 15 times a game. Sometimes deeper. He's a good QB. He's not amazing by any means but he did a great job to have never had an offensive line. His talent was always there, Sanders just helped him bring it out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yea he started passing like that after he got picked off the 1st time this season.
Hager58 Wrote:imo only thing uk has goin for them is luck,flordia has been a good team for A number of years and has alot more key players

:confused: :confused:

What are you talking about? What on earth does it matter how good FSU (not Florida, as you posted) has been in the past? All that matters is how good you are this year, and it would appear that UK is at least as good, if not slightly better than FSU.

Quit living in the past, man. What you did 2 years ago is ancient history these days. Do you see all of UK's national titles winning them any basketball games these days?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just hope they get a good QB for next year.
Some like a Pat White or Tebow
I retract my vote for FSU. They will have 20 players suspended for the game. Not even Urban Meyer or Spurrier could win a game in that situation. The Cats will win big now.
Okay I just heard some information today that should absolutely make this a no-contest. By now I am sure everyone on here knows that FSU has about 25 players that are now suspended due to academic reasons (they all were caught cheating on a music test!!!!). If UK blows this chance I think I may cry right there in the stadium.
Wow. Florida State now without 36 players for the Music City Bowl. Ouch. Talk about lack of depth.
FBALL Wrote:Wow. Florida State now without 36 players for the Music City Bowl. Ouch. Talk about lack of depth.

UK should win by 3 TD's now!! So how many players will FSU take to Nashville?
FBALL Wrote:Wow. Florida State now without 36 players for the Music City Bowl. Ouch. Talk about lack of depth.

36 PLAYERS !!! WOW> LAt time I heard it was about 24....... this is amazing. I hear that the NCAA could even step in and put the program on sanctions for a while.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:UK should win by 3 TD's now!! So how many players will FSU take to Nashville?
I believe FSU will be down to 41 scholarship players for the game.
Wow....this really bites for FSU. UK was gonna win the game anyway, but now its a garuanteed win!!
Who all is goin? If you are goin, what section are you in.

We are in section 305 row AA... If any of ya are around that area let me know, we can get up before the game and drink some cold ones...
With all these players missing for FSU, UK should win this one. I"m going to have to say UK-34 FSU-17