Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 2024
Engineers lose a lot but also return a lot. 

Hearing they maybe going to Myrtle Beach for Spring break. Looks like they will also be in a triangle at Letcher Central with the Cougars and Lee Jonesville VA. 

Not sure how Coach Crowe pulled this one off but he’s got Tates Creek coming to Estill this coming season.
Estill is always in the mix of things
Estill has added both Clay County (home and home) and a home game with Danville this season. Paintsville also comes to Estill early in the year.
Blake Crowe Memorial is 4/20.

Estill will host Hazard and Clay County on that day.

Estill is going to Corbin for a tournament.

Tates Creek is no longer on KHSAA schedule. Not sure what’s up with that.
Breathitt, LCC, Hazard are a clear cut top 3 in my opinion. Everyone after that their is a pretty significant drop off.
(09-11-2023, 11:30 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Engineers lose a lot but also return a lot. 

Hearing they maybe going to Myrtle Beach for Spring break. Looks like they will also be in a triangle at Letcher Central with the Cougars and Lee Jonesville VA. 

Not sure how Coach Crowe pulled this one off but he’s got Tates Creek coming to Estill this coming season.
Estill always played the Lexington schools when Wood was the coach. Thats why they were so good year in and year out. Cant play bad competition and expect to get better. Record doesnt matter. Play better schools with better pitching to get you prepared for the postseason run.
With the exception of Madison Central and Paintsville Estill isn’t playing anyone according to their schedule.
Bourbon, Buckhorn, Hazard Rock, Clay County, Breathitt all twice this season.

Danville, Paintsville, LCC, Lee (Jonesville VA), Perry Central, Madison Central all once this season.

Estill also added a home and home with Mason County this year.
(01-06-2024, 04:19 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Bourbon, Buckhorn, Hazard Rock, Clay County, Breathitt all twice this season.

Danville, Paintsville, LCC, Lee (Jonesville VA), Perry Central, Madison Central all once this season.

Other than Paintsville and Madison central the rest of those teams are average at best. Hazard is down.  Rockcastle is always average or below. I’m not sure what you’ve heard about Lee(Jonesville), VA but that is not a good team at all. I apologize I didn’t mean to come across as rude but I was wondering if I’m missing something?
(01-07-2024, 02:49 PM)14th Official Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 04:19 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Bourbon, Buckhorn, Hazard Rock, Clay County, Breathitt all twice this season.

Other than Paintsville and Madison central the rest of those teams are average at best. Hazard is down.  Rockcastle is always average or below. I’m not sure what you’ve heard about Lee(Jonesville), VA but that is not a good team at all. I apologize I didn’t mean to come across as rude but I was wondering if I’m missing something?

I seen it on KHSAA. Both are playing at LCC on the same day so I’m assuming it would be a triangle with everyone playing everyone.
(10-30-2023, 02:23 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: Breathitt, LCC, Hazard are a clear cut top 3 in my opinion. Everyone after that their is a pretty significant drop off.
What is your reasoning? They are all three good teams. But best I can tell they only have one arm each that has had significant experience. Just think it takes 3  arms to win the regional tournament. They each have one good one. Plus all three of those teams lost major contributors. I would say they are in the top five. But I wouldn’t count out Wolfe or powell and believe Knott will make some noise. Dong know if Trey are too 5. I think estill, Knott and hazard will be fighting for the 5 spot.
(01-19-2024, 10:26 AM)Baseball247 Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:23 PM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: Breathitt, LCC, Hazard are a clear cut top 3 in my opinion. Everyone after that their is a pretty significant drop off.
What is your reasoning? They are all three good teams. But best I can tell they only have one arm each that has had significant experience. Just think it takes 3  arms to win the regional tournament. They each have one good one. Plus all three of those teams lost major contributors. I would say they are in the top five. But I wouldn’t count out Wolfe or powell and believe Knott will make some noise. Dong know if Trey are too 5. I think estill, Knott and hazard will be fighting for the 5 spot.
I’m guessing everyone in Hazard just had a big gasp when they saw you say “hazard at 5!” lol! 

I think the reality will be which team develops pitching the best throughout the season. Anyone can take out Wolfe because of their youth but they also have the ability to get hot and win the whole thing. Same with breathitt and Knott. Breathitt is a clear cut favorite in my opinion. The have the best player in the region and they have some decent guys that have the ability to throw. All depends on if they get there or not? The draw will have a huge impact. No doubt Hazard would have been favored to win if they had got past Wolfe last year. LCC will always have their name thrown in because of the coach but I don’t think they have the fire power to win it. However I do think they can win one maybe two games in the region.
Estill has added South Warren for an 8:00 first pitch on 3/22.

They go to Corbin for a tournament on 3/23 (Corbin and Somerset).

Dunbar and Danville both cometo Estill.

Home and home with Clay County.

Estill goes to Mason County.

No GRC and No Montgomery this season or Madison Southern.

Then it’s your regulars.

Looks like a pretty solid schedule coach Crowe has put together.
(02-20-2024, 02:55 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill has added South Warren for an 8:00 first pitch on 3/22.

They go to Corbin for a tournament on 3/23 (Corbin and Somerset).

Dunbar and Danville both cometo Estill.

Home and home with Clay County.

Estill goes to Mason County.

No GRC and No Montgomery this season or Madison Southern.

Then it’s your regulars.

Looks like a pretty solid schedule coach Crowe has put together.

Let me back track on Montgomery. They're having a home and home this season.
Estill is no longer playing LCC and Lee VA in the triangle at LCC.

Estill is playing Bath County in the KY 2A Championships Sectional Tournament. KHSAA shows it's at Estill but I thought the semi-finals and Championship was at Fleming County?