Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland Board Meeting
https://www.dailyindependent.com/news/ra...b2ea7.html

For those who were curious as to what the “scandal” in Raceland consisted of, the tip of the iceberg is starting to show…

Here is a link from a “credible source”, the Ashland Daily Independent newspaper, about the Raceland situation as Granny Bear demanded.  It seems some parents and grandparents there chose not to remain silent.  It also seems the school administration position is stone silence accompanied by invitations to meet privately with the Superintendent who, according to the article, has a “family member” who is one of the school employees allegedly involved.
Once again, what’s this got to do with football?
"No laws have been broken, period," Coldiron told The Daily Independent on Friday, "by any staff member in our school system."

Certainly doesn't sound that way.
(09-19-2023, 09:16 AM)Shogun Wrote: "No laws have been broken, period," Coldiron told The Daily Independent on Friday, "by any staff member in our school system."

Certainly doesn't sound that way.

Yeah that was an interesting quote, definitely sounds like a technical way around the facts
Facts are…the school board can not address personnel issues beyond the hiring and firing of the SI. Also, LAWS are laws and the statement that none have been broken, remain to be seen. Legally, if no laws have been broken no actions from that standpoint can be taken by anyone. THAT BEING SAID, the school most certainly can take action based on inappropriate behavior, actions, contact, whatever the case may be to see that it does not happen again and those involved are reprimanded, removed, etc. Just because a law hasn’t been broken, doesn’t mean that protocols have not. I hate it for the board members that I know have tried in earnest to fix these issues. I pray for their guidance from the man upstairs that this is all taken care of as it should be and should have been a long time ago.
I don't know ANYTHING factual about this situation other than what I've just read in the newspaper article.

But, I gotta say, it doesn't appear that the parents have very much faith in their superintendent. When the suggestion was made to parents about making a private appointment with him, the entire crowd erupted in laughter.
Super should have been at that meeting talking to any parent that wanted to talk to him. DUMB. I hope parents form a line at his office door that goes out into the street.
(09-19-2023, 11:49 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Super should have been at that meeting talking to any parent that wanted to talk to him. DUMB. I hope parents form a line at his office door that goes out into the street.
Super was at the meeting and there is nothing that can be talked about of there is a active investigation going on
(09-19-2023, 12:12 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 11:49 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Super should have been at that meeting talking to any parent that wanted to talk to him. DUMB. I hope parents form a line at his office door that goes out into the street.
Super was at the meeting and there is nothing that can be talked about of there is a active investigation going on
The attorney said schedule a meeting with him. Explain what the school is doing to keep kids safe at least. If not fire his ass.
Less and less accountability for educators and need to keep firing people until it stops.
(09-19-2023, 12:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
The attorney said schedule a meeting with him. Explain what the school is doing to keep kids safe at least. If not fire his ass.
Less and less accountability for educators and need to keep firing people until it stops.

How can it be discussed in a scheduled meeting, if it can't be discussed in a board meeting?
(09-19-2023, 01:02 PM)Fanman Wrote:

How can it be discussed in a scheduled meeting, if it can't be discussed in a board meeting?
Read the article...
School-hired attorney Tim Crawford started off the meeting by presenting state statutes that prevent board members from commenting on personnel matters and instead instructed community members to book a private meeting with Superintendent Larry Coldiron to discuss their concerns.
Yes that was the attorney addressing the parents attending the meeting. The Super was there but was unable to comment on the subject. The board can’t comment on the subject either. That’s why the attorney was the only one speaking. I agree with this. It’s so dang hard to get teachers put away for stuff like this. If they handle anything wrong the teacher will walk. The parents need to be patient and the only thing they can do at this point is do what I did. I took my kids phones and made sure they have no contact with any teachers. Make sure your kids aren’t talking to any teachers one on one.
(09-19-2023, 01:06 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Yes that was the attorney addressing the parents attending the meeting. The Super was there but was unable to comment on the subject. The board can’t comment on the subject either. That’s why the attorney was the only one speaking. I agree with this. It’s so dang hard to get teachers put away for stuff like this. If they handle anything wrong the teacher will walk. The parents need to be patient and the only thing they can do at this point is do what I did. I took my kids phones and made sure they have no contact with any teachers. Make sure your kids aren’t talking to any teachers one on one.
The super can talk to the parents. Good Lord. And you can't control who your kids talk to at school unless you go sit beside them all day.
(09-19-2023, 01:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Read the article...

Article said board members couldn't speak on it. But the superintendent was in attendance, why couldn't he speak about it there?
(09-19-2023, 01:11 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 01:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 12:12 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Super was at the meeting and there is nothing that can be talked about of there is a active investigation going on

Read the article...

Article said board members couldn't speak on it. But the superintendent was in attendance, why couldn't he speak about it there?
Exactly. If not in public speak to them after the meeting one on one.
(09-19-2023, 01:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 01:06 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
The super can talk to the parents. Good Lord. And you can't control who your kids talk to at school unless you go sit beside them all day.
I meant texting ….I know they have to talk to their teachers at school. No teacher should have a kids phone number in their phone for no reason what so ever.

Basically most parents are pissed more over the fact that they’ve listened to some pretty ridiculous rumors with nobody from the school stepping in and giving any insight. Putting your head in the sad isn’t the right approach in this situation. A leader needs to step up from the school and take hold of this thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Granny Bear
Posters, a format has been provided to discuss the issues at Raceland. Some of you seem overly anxious to have this format.

But if one more post is made that is non-factual or obscene, I will delete the entire thread and will ban the poster.

And that's a promise!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • RAMDAD50
^What did I miss lol
(09-19-2023, 03:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^What did I miss lol
Granny laid the smack down haha
(09-19-2023, 03:07 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Yes lol but I missed the infraction
(09-19-2023, 03:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-19-2023, 03:07 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Yes lol but I missed the infraction
We hell I’m not gonna talk about it.She might smack me too haha
What was said non-factual or obscene? I'm lost
Me too^
I’m assuming she deleted it.
Idk but I’m going to go with 16th region posted something. He seems very trigger happy to post or put anything in regards to anything going on in the 16th. I don’t think it comes from a place of malice though. I think he is just trying to build his brand as a “Scooper-Trooper” lol. Haven’t seen him really bash anyone or anything he is just quick to bring something to everyone’s attention. Which I can’t say is always a bad thing. As for what’s going on, the only factual statements that can be said at this time is what has already been said. The Attorney statement is factual. The board couldn’t/can’t discuss these things in the meeting, that is factual. The super didn’t field any questions at the meeting as far as I know. I would think if it had been, there would have been quotes in the ADI article.

Here is my issue though. This spans WAY RACELAND. Way beyond the 16th region, way beyond the state, way beyond any boardering Tri-State area. It’s everywhere that this type of crap goes on. The “well it happens everywhere” statements are bull crap. It is supposed to be #different here. I for one, bought into that. I still think it CAN be. But things need resolved in a major way and it can’t just be a slap on the wrist or partially swept under the rug. I am a Raceland Alum, with a long line of family ties to the school, arts, and athletic departments. The way things have gone as of late and things that have come to light are unacceptable.
https://www.dailyindependent.com/opinion...886ed.html

Opinion peace someone posted in the ADI
As far as I know nothing has come to light. It’s being investigated. Nobody has been arrested or carted off so no laws have been broken. The situation as far as letting parents know what is going on was botched badly. Unfortunately all it takes is accusations these days and your life gets screwed up. I would never want to work at a school. Some kid or parent gets pissed all it takes is one rumor or accusation and you are royally screwed.
There’s an article in today ADI shedding a little more light on the subject. If someone could post the link we would appreciate it
(09-21-2023, 08:18 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Is this it?

https://www.dailyindependent.com/news/co...e3514.html
Yes ….thank you Granny
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Granny Bear